2019 3rd Generation BMW 1 Series (F40)

Wt_know

On 11/12/2019 at 4:05 PM, Wt_know said:

ok la ... the direction is going for downside engine

last time ... 4pot normal car, 6pot smooth smooth petrol head, real ///M at least 8-pot and 10-pot

now 4pot is entering YAM territory liao ... [laugh]

Well, the M that put M on the map was a 4-pot S14 leh.

↡ Advertisement

On 11/13/2019 at 2:18 PM, Theoldjaffa said:

Oic. But mine is longitudinally mounted engine with 8-speed Aisin gearbox leh 😅

You driving F40 M135? It is transverse engine, not longitudinal. Or you driving something else then yes, Aisin also have 8spd longitudinal.

Edited by Ake109

54 minutes ago, Ake109 said:

OK, my viewpoint on M fake M and AMG half AMG etc.

Audi :  S and RS. So far very good! Clear cut! Even have S line.

BMW : Ignore what the model name says. Does the engine start with an S? Yes is real M. Anything else is half fark marketing spiel.

Mercedes : Engine hand built with signature or not? (note: C43 and A35 don't have). Yes is real AMG. Anything else is half fark marketing spiel.

so bmw and merc are trying to copy audi????

6 hours ago, Ake109 said:

OK, my viewpoint on M fake M and AMG half AMG etc.

Audi :  S and RS. So far very good! Clear cut! Even have S line.

BMW : Ignore what the model name says. Does the engine start with an S? Yes is real M. Anything else is half fark marketing spiel.

Mercedes : Engine hand built with signature or not? (note: C43 and A35 don't have). Yes is real AMG. Anything else is half fark marketing spiel.

A tricky question for you, G20 Alpina B3 uses S58.  Is it a M in sheep skin?
😂

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

A tricky question for you, G20 Alpina B3 uses S58.  Is it a M in sheep skin?
😂

Answer : Its an Alpina on 20 spokes.

IMHO, I rate the Alpina badge on par with M at least. Lets hope they don't go and do Alpina Sports... TMD!

Edited by Ake109
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, SZ_ford said:

so bmw and merc are trying to copy audi????

Actually yes I think. But they not doing it as cleanly.

IMHO, RS was first brought in as RS2 which was really special and in the class of  'M competition' or 'M CSL' etc when it appeared while the S2 was enough to fight the M3.

But nowadays EVERYBODY IS TURBO AWD it is so boring! I liked it when Audi was quattro turbo, Merc was big hammer engine and BMW was NA RWD purity. Each had their USP. Now all turbo awd yaaaawwwwnnnnn.......

Trivial : Did you know it is properly displayed as : RS 4 but S4. A6 but RS 6 and S6?

Edited by Ake109

7 hours ago, Ake109 said:

You driving F40 M135? It is transverse engine, not longitudinal. Or you driving something else then yes, Aisin also have 8spd longitudinal.

No I’m driving the Lexus IS200t.

• Praise 1

12 hours ago, Ake109 said:

IMHO, RS was first brought in as RS2 which was really special and in the class of  'M competition' or 'M CSL' etc when it appeared while the S2 was enough to fight the M3.

But nowadays EVERYBODY IS TURBO AWD it is so boring! I liked it when Audi was quattro turbo, Merc was big hammer engine and BMW was NA RWD purity. Each had their USP. Now all turbo awd yaaaawwwwnnnnn.......

Trivial : Did you know it is properly displayed as : RS 4 but S4. A6 but RS 6 and S6?

///M5 is 4x4 with open diff.
Default: AWD

Optional: RWD

55 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

AWD ... 90% RWD bias

AWD ... 90% FWD bias

same same but different?

M5 is 90% RWD bias,M135i is 90% FWD bias....RWD bias are mainly high Performance Models with Longtitude Mounted Engines,like Audi S6,8 & AMG C,E& S Class & Nissan GTR....FWD bias are like VW Golf R,Mini,Mercedes A35/45 & BMW M135i.

• Praise 1

On 11/15/2019 at 9:23 PM, Ake109 said:

The Europeans only have themselves to blame for their ever-stringent EURO emissions standards 😁

Death to M NA high-revving and big-cc AMG sledgehammer engines, they won't be coming back. 

5 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

The Europeans only have themselves to blame for their ever-stringent EURO emissions standards 😁

Death to M NA high-revving and big-cc AMG sledgehammer engines, they won't be coming back. 

Luckily still got 718 Cayman GT4 & Boxster Spyder, 

Turbocharged

wah, last post in nov '19, response to this car not very good ah?

was still going to ask if got any group chat for f40 out there.

58 minutes ago, Etnt said:

wah, last post in nov '19, response to this car not very good ah?

was still going to ask if got any group chat for f40 out there.

Actually I thought this model will sell better than the predecessor as it's more spacious and better looking but I guess the purists will lament the demise of the RWD which the previous model had so maybe that's why this model doesn't move much?

But I still think it's better than the A class but then again I've not tried either so will leave it to those who did to comment.

• Praise 3

Actually was curious too if anyone did get one and how is it? For me I am looking at the safety tech that comes with it.... which I think most would not bother when considering a car.......

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Davidcks said:

Actually was curious too if anyone did get one and how is it? For me I am looking at the safety tech that comes with it.... which I think most would not bother when considering a car.......

Yup that was why i pick it over the a200 + it was cheaper. 

↡ Advertisement