Trip to Xi'An China, flying China Eastern, Sheraton North

Boringchap

Twincharged

Yeah, they can anyhow cancel at anytime without providing alternatives. [laugh]

And I think TS, already had it a bit better than the rest as he was in business class. If he was economy, hahah. Surely get treated like dirt. That’s why you always see the Chinese passengers creating a ruckus at the airport.
↡ Advertisement

And I think TS, already had it a bit better than the rest as he was in business class. If he was economy, hahah. Surely get treated like dirt. That’s why you always see the Chinese passengers creating a ruckus at the airport.

Given the delays, and all the bus rides, my wife and I agreed that we were most happy with the Business class perks! 

BoringChap, you were lucky that your connecting flight is still biz.... would you have taken the flight if there's only economy seats left?

(edited)

BoringChap, you were lucky that your connecting flight is still biz.... would you have taken the flight if there's only economy seats left?

Good question.  Given my wife's fluent Mandarin, she would have scolded them no end.  Then we see what happens.  We would have probably waited till the next day, i.e. they would have to put us up in a hotel in Shanghai for a night.  

This extended delay would also have meant that we should be able to claim additional travel insurance. 

Thankfully our itinerary was free and easy, and we could be flexible about it. 

Edited by Boringchap

Given the delays, and all the bus rides, my wife and I agreed that we were most happy with the Business class perks! 

Hi bro...how much did you paid for the Business class?

Twincharged

The only bother with China high speed rail is that you need to queue with your passport to collect the tickets even though you have booked it online. The locals can just get it easily from the machines. The queue lines can be terrible.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

The only bother with China high speed rail is that you need to queue with your passport to collect the tickets even though you have booked it online. The locals can just get it easily from the machines. The queue lines can be terrible.

How long?

Hi bro...how much did you paid for the Business class?

Just under $1,300 per pax, all in.

Bought through Ctrip.

Yes, the HSR in China is punctual. 

But, note, it is different from Japan or Taiwan where you can eat freely. 

In China, i think they restrict the type of food you can eat inside, instant noodle is not allow to be eaten inside the HSR. 

mostly.

in april my HSR got delayed almost 10 hours, lucky i look at other available routes and found a slow train to my destination.

so a 3hr HSR trip become about a 10hr slow trip.... and i had to queue at counter to refund the ticket and buy a new ticket...

at least i experience the sleeper train lol

https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/transportation/overnight-in-train.htm

Just under $1,300 per pax, all in.

Bought through Ctrip.

curious, do they allow you to use your hp watch movie?

When i sit economy class, they keep bugging me to tell me not allowed

depends where you go and when you go ba... try avoid their holidays

• Praise 2

(edited)

Reads like an ode to your wife. But still, I very much enjoyed reading about the experience.

Yes. Makes me fall in love with her all over again.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Boringchap

curious, do they allow you to use your hp watch movie?

Frankly, I don't really know because I didn't use my mobile phone to watch movies onboard.

However, I was constantly fiddling with my phone, and she didn't stop me.

The only thing she asked was NOT to charge my phone during takeoff and landing, i.e. she asked me to pull out my USB cable from the charging port.  Other than that, the cabin crew pretty much left me alone. 

During holidays, the so-called "低端人口" will go to the cities and all the major attractions. Those with a bit of $ will go to HK, TW or SEA. Those with more $$ will go to Japan or Europe.

In our past few trips to China, where we talk to the taxi drivers, or the drivers whom we hire to bring us around, I found that they were mostly very knowledgable about current and global affairs, and most of them have travelled to Asia.  More than half of them have visited Singapore.  

These are taxi drivers in China.

They are getting rich. 

they treat biz class better.. economy class sure cannot use phone. I got upgraded to biz at shanghai airport during one of the delay. Use HSR is the best, take the business class

they treat biz class better.. economy class sure cannot use phone. I got upgraded to biz at shanghai airport during one of the delay. Use HSR is the best, take the business class

Indeed, their HSR is very impressive and punctual.  

another tip is to take didi instead of taxi. The didi cars are more comfortable and cheaper

Didi close down liao

Only have kuaiche

↡ Advertisement