Emergency Veh can run red lights on 1 June

All drivers

Do take note, Anyone can advise if there is an accident involving such vehicles, what is the insurance coverage like?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Huh? This is old news. Back in 2017 Ambulances already can run red lights. Dont have to wait until 1st June.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ambulances-red-lights-unauthorised-u-turns-scdf-9382756

Exactly! Whats new coming fr someone who pounced on every opportunity to start a new thread & like to ask stupid qns & talk craps? Haha... Edited by Unfazed
  • Praise 5
  • Dislike 1

beat red light very dangerous :slow:

When hear pee po pee po, stop & see lo.

It’s the same practice in a lot of countries.

• Praise 2

It’s the same practice in a lot of countries.

normally once rear view see them [idea]

I siam already [drivingcar]

me was once a medic  :a-toast:

• Praise 2

(edited)

Huh? This is old news. Back in 2017 Ambulances already can run red lights. Dont have to wait until 1st June.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ambulances-red-lights-unauthorised-u-turns-scdf-9382756

Officially start on 1 June for

Fire engines, red rhinos and fire-medical vehicles

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/scdf-fire-truck-engine-emergency-vehicle-run-red-light-11583422

Edited by RogerNg_185295

Supersonic

Itâs the same practice in a lot of countries.

Now not only open eyes big big when driving on the road but also must open ears big big to hear pee po pee po to give way, if not got langa then siao liao.

Supersonic

It is fair to the emergency vehicles including police cars. But I am assuming they have gone through proper training, follow safety SOP to ensure appropriate safety procedures will be followed.

Contrary to some skepticism, beating red light does not mean they will just drive across red traffic light at their own whims and fancy. In Landon I saw emergency vehicles going up curbs, pavement, opposite traffic direction when they are on real emergency call.

• Praise 1

Now not only open eyes big big when driving on the road but also must open ears big big to hear pee po pee po to give way, if not got langa then siao liao. ð

Careful of those scdf riders on their motorcycle as well. A lot quite brave in cutting through traffic.

Officially start on 1 June for

Fire engines, red rhinos and fire-medical vehicles

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/scdf-fire-truck-engine-emergency-vehicle-run-red-light-11583422

Singapore is way behind develop countries behind the traffic rules for emergency response vehicle. With the new rules, the vehicle commander and driver of the emergency response will be more stressful though, they'll not want to get into accident while responding to emergency.

We as drivers should give way to emergency respond vehicles as long as it's safe to do so. I believe protocols are in place to ensure that there will be no misuse of the system and trainings are provided to the vehicle commanders and drivers to ensure that they're trained to handle situations whereby they need to go through the red light.

I remember got once I encounter emergency vehicle with the blinking light coming behind me just a few meters away from the red light, I moved out of the lane that the emergency vehicle so as not to block it and the vehicle can go through the red light if the vehicle commander deem it necessary.

• Praise 1

Singapore is way behind develop countries behind the traffic rules for emergency response vehicle.

No leh. Think we are so way forward than other developed countries until motorists must give way to buses coming out of the bus bay. Drivers must stop by hook or by crook before the "give way yellow box". Not only emergency vehicles we give way, we must give way to non-emergency vehicles as well. That is the best part.

Supersonic

No leh. Think we are so way forward than other developed countries until motorists must give way to buses coming out of the bus bay. Drivers must stop by hook or by crook before the "give way yellow box". Not only emergency vehicles we give way, we must give way to non-emergency vehicles as well. That is the best part.

That mandatory give way to bus thing is just about the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Basically people just siam that whole lane to avoid the situation.

All drivers

Do take note, Anyone can advise if there is an accident involving such vehicles, what is the insurance coverage like?

Well, we drivers just have to be more alert from today onwards.  with this law, insurance is going to favour emergency vehicles. 

It is only right that we should way to them in the first place. 

Supersonic

Giving way to buses coming out of the bus bay is ok if it is done in a safe way. But often i notice many times buses just signal and immediately come out of the bus bay without ensuring if cars are already too close to the bus bay to give way to them. And so cars have to jam brake to give way to them. [sweatdrop]

Well, we drivers just have to be more alert from today onwards. with this law, insurance is going to favour emergency vehicles.

It is only right that we should way to them in the first place.

But if it's their fault, doubt insurance companies will side them.

And how about fatalities involving such vehicles? Will law protect th4 driver?

Giving way to buses coming out of the bus bay is ok if it is done in a safe way. But often i notice many times buses just signal and immediately come out of the bus bay without ensuring if cars are already too close to the bus bay to give way to them. And so cars have to jam brake to give way to them. [sweatdrop]

Well.... There will always be blacksheeps

(edited)

That mandatory give way to bus thing is just about the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Basically people just siam that whole lane to avoid the situation.

Understandable y drivers do that, to avoid getting into a complicated situation. If I am not wrong Bedok, a bus came out of the bus bay with the yellow coloured box thingy hit onto a poor motorcyclist. The yellow coloured box thingy was eventually removed for that particular bus stop. Dunno true or not or was it removed temporarily.

Edited by Renegade777

Turbocharged

I believe most of SCDF Drivers will still follow the lights.. get into accident very hard to explain..

unless they start to hire some PHV driver for the jobs.. no respect for lights de!  [:p]

I remember an old news.. ambulance cannot exit a ERP carpark din even dare or want to ram the barrier down..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2