The Journey Of Your New Car – getting pumped

therock

That's odd to have only 13km on the odo..

Your car would have gone for local leather fitting, Head Unit etc.... that occurs after collection from the port and the refuelling.. 

Unless the truck driver left out and forgot to refuel your car.. 

Possible especially if collect from Ubi as there iss an eco system of car parts and accessory shops like seat leather, solar film, car audio, etc, concentrated in a small locality. The big truck bring the new cars to the AD showroom/workshop and from there only a few short trips. Some on long term contract even given space in the workshop to do the work, so definitely possible to have less than 20km on odo..

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

For the bigger players (ADs), the accessories guys will go down to their place. Can’t imagine say Borneo or KAH delivering, say 100-200 cars per month and having to drive these cars all over the place to get the accessories fitted.

That's odd to have only 13km on the odo..

Your car would have gone for local leather fitting, Head Unit etc.... that occurs after collection from the port and the refuelling..

Unless the truck driver left out and forgot to refuel your car..

I have a CRV and as far as I can see its all factory fitted. That includes seats, HU etc. I did have a number of factory parts fitted at the dealership, but it was Ubi and they seem to have a good supply of parts.

Wah, like that also can see the writing, Lee High !!

That Pump don't have Diesel,don't tell me that Truck use Petrol.? [confused]  [:(]

The last time I bought a car from Borneo only, I think, $10 lor.

C&C pump my diesel car to full tank and my FIRST is in Tebrau Shell ....... heeeee

It's a really interesting read thanks.

I am skeptical if Kah Motors actually puts $50 worth of fuel in the car though. I picked up my car from KM in Feb 2019. It had 13km on the odometer and when I started the car it literally was showing the empty fuel light first up. Even the SE had to tell me where the closest petrol station is.

May be it's just me though...

Neutral Newbie

Nice read! Really enjoy these kind of articles on the on-goings before you get your car.

My Golf came with 11km on odo, a bit less than half tank of 95.

For the bigger players (ADs), the accessories guys will go down to their place. Canât imagine say Borneo or KAH delivering, say 100-200 cars per month and having to drive these cars all over the place to get the accessories fitted.

Hyundai cars all go to sin ming for tuff kote coatings and stuff. Some new cars need to be driven there if the loader is full. 100km plus is normal if they have to fit outside accessories.

It never ceases to amaze me when I see the price difference between SG and M'sia...

I could shower in S$1 worth of M'sian petrol... 

Typically they land in Klang, Meleka or Tanjung Pelapas, and if they also pump $50 worth, I reckon it's going to be full tank..

Oh...

This is for you @Jamesc :
https://www.todayonline.com/world/after-driving-200km-son-realises-he-left-mother-behind-rest-stop-malaysia

• Praise 2

It never ceases to amaze me when I see the price difference between SG and M'sia...

I could shower in S$1 worth of M'sian petrol... 

Typically they land in Klang, Meleka or Tanjung Pelapas, and if they also pump $50 worth, I reckon it's going to be full tank..

Oh...

This is for you @Jamesc :

https://www.todayonline.com/world/after-driving-200km-son-realises-he-left-mother-behind-rest-stop-malaysia

Hahaha thank you  [thumbsup]

:D

Lots of Hondas and yes, they are pumping the cars, not the truck..

Are you a pump attendant taking smoke break? Or you drive the trailer? So coincidental to always be there to see the new cars come in!

Are you a pump attendant taking smoke break? Or you drive the trailer? So coincidental to always be there to see the new cars come in!

You can't smoke near the station la..

Anyways, they are always busy... you can't imagine the number of trucks pulling up every hour... sometimes you have a queue of five trailer trucks.. 

又来了

24/7 man...

post-173193-0-42763100-1560417546_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 1

Twincharged

U r lucky to be able to see them so regularly

Maybe He is that Shell Station Manager...or working next to the Station.

On my way home...

Who said Honda is having a slow day...

I gotta find the station that Hyundai uses... the Elantra might be one of the top 10 sellers this year again 

post-173193-0-35804800-1560438208_thumb.jpeg