Thinking of upgrading aircon to inverter. need help

Evillusion

(edited)

Sorry to dig up this thread. Thinking of upgrading my aircon to inverter....currently i am using 2 split for my room and son's. Daughter's room is across the hall with cornices so installing system 3 is out. Am i allowed to have a 2 split for my room and my son's while a single split for my daughter? My flat are those built in the 90s. Thanks.

Edited by Evillusion
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
(edited)

Sorry to dig up this thread. Thinking of upgrading my aircon to inverter....currently i am using 2 split for my room and son's. Daughter's room is across the hall with cornices so installing system 3 is out. Am i allowed to have a 2 split for my room and my son's while a single split for my daughter? My flat are those built in the 90s. Thanks.

Hi, you will have to check with your HDB branch.

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/aircon_safety

Air-conditioner installation

.........Check here for the approved locations and installation methods for air-conditioners according to your flat type. If you need to install an additional compressor unit or have further enquiries, please check with the HDB Branch managing your block.......

Edited by Ct3833

(edited)

Hi, you will have to check with your HDB branch.

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/aircon_safety

Air-conditioner installation

.........Check here for the approved locations and installation methods for air-conditioners according to your flat type. If you need to install an additional compressor unit or have further enquiries, please check with the HDB Branch managing your block.......

chialat.......can oni put window unit for my daughter......my service balcony i converted to a dining room...... Edited by Evillusion

I have recently installed 2 compressor for my 90s hdb . Just ring your hdb branch office , usually if power supply upgraded , no issue at all . Starmax 5 ticks is a good choice , my bill is reduce by half compared to my previous 15 years old unit . Hope it helps .

I have recently installed 2 compressor for my 90s hdb . Just ring your hdb branch office , usually if power supply upgraded , no issue at all . Starmax 5 ticks is a good choice , my bill is reduce by half compared to my previous 15 years old unit . Hope it helps .

so, actually it can be done if the mcb can cope with the extra load. The contractor tap into the 13 or 15 amps. My cb has three 15 amps gang but dont have any 20 amps ones......from what i know out of the three 15 amps gang only one is currently used for my old split air con by an isolator. Our normal power point switches should be using the 13 amps gang right? Thank you very much.

so, actually it can be done if the mcb can cope with the extra load. The contractor tap into the 13 or 15 amps. My cb has three 15 amps gang but dont have any 20 amps ones......from what i know out of the three 15 amps gang only one is currently used for my old split air con by an isolator. Our normal power point switches should be using the 13 amps gang right? Thank you very much.

The ungraded power supply refers to the outside of your house in the electrical riser . 15 amp is what we need for one compressor . If u don’t have enuff inside your house db box , u can add . The aircon man will know how to install .

The ungraded power supply refers to the outside of your house in the electrical riser . 15 amp is what we need for one compressor . If u donât have enuff inside your house db box , u can add . The aircon man will know how to install .

Thanks....i still have two 15 amps gangs not used........outside i not sure....cant remember anything done except for those fibre optics cable a few yrs ago. Just hope it has been upgraded.

U just need to call the branch office asking for technical officer . He or she will give u the go ahead . Remember to ask the officer name just in case .

U just need to call the branch office asking for technical officer . He or she will give u the go ahead . Remember to ask the officer name just in case .

okay thanks......i saw the TO only once during my 23 yrs of living in my area. That one was also because someone on the lower floors complain that an aircon unit was dripping condensate and i forgot that my aircon drainage was into my service balcony......thanks anyway.

Turbocharged

chialat.......can oni put window unit for my daughter......my service balcony i converted to a dining room......ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£......thank you.

Nowadays window units are less in the market. Not much choice. Only Europace, not sure if Sanyo still sells.
↡ Advertisement