Washing machine front loading

Yymail22

Having used top-load machine for more than 15 years, would like to try front-loading ones.

I heard that front-loading machines wash clothes cleaner than top-loading units although water usage will be comparatively higher.

Also aware that, in general, Asian manufacturers make better machines than European and American companies. And a couple of Asian makers have recently come up with front-loading washers.

Does anyone have experiences to share about front-loading washers made by Asian manufacturers? Are they good?

Otherwise, what would be a good brand from Europe? Bosch?

Appreciate and thank you your contribution.

↡ Advertisement

Yes

Front load uses less water and a cleaner wash too

Been using Electrolux. No issues

Previous machine was whirlpool

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Actually is the other way round. Top load uses more water and shorter wash time. Front loads longer wash and less water. Cleanliness is subjective. If clothes are soiled and lots of sweat, then top load with it’s greater water use might be better to wash off the sweat.

• Praise 1

Indesit is another good brand

Actually is the other way round. Top load uses more water and shorter wash time. Front loads longer wash and less water. Cleanliness is subjective. If clothes are soiled and lots of sweat, then top load with itâs greater water use might be better to wash off the sweat.

Use pre wash and intensive rinse program lo and cook the clothes at 100deg

Hahha

Twincharged

Indesit is another good brand

Use pre wash and intensive rinse program lo and cook the clothes at 100deg

Hahha

Then lppl. Lagi use more water like top load and lagi long wash time. 2hrs? And electricity bill high due to heating of the water.

Btw I use a front load.

Front load can only use Low Suds detergent. Got one time bought ntuc low suds but still too much bubbles until machine stop by itself, door auto lock cannot open until bubbles subside.

Then lppl. Lagi use more water like top load and lagi long wash time. 2hrs? And electricity bill high due to heating of the water.

Btw I use a front load.

Lol

No le... still reasonable

Anyway oni once in a blue moon I use that mode

Hypersonic
(edited)

Btw I use a front load.

u can always use cold wash.

Normal washing, don't need use extra rinse. Unless it's something soiled with say body fluids or long time never wash.

Having used top-load machine for more than 15 years, would like to try front-loading ones.

I heard that front-loading machines wash clothes cleaner than top-loading units although water usage will be comparatively higher.

Also aware that, in general, Asian manufacturers make better machines than European and American companies. And a couple of Asian makers have recently come up with front-loading washers.

Does anyone have experiences to share about front-loading washers made by Asian manufacturers? Are they good?

Otherwise, what would be a good brand from Europe? Bosch?

Appreciate and thank you your contribution.

bosch. almost reaching 6 years.

no breakdowns.

my sis one 5 years, repaired twice by best denki under 5 year warranty. But still running. My sis does 2 loads a day, hence higher mileage.

mum's one 3 yrs no issues.

The lower end made in eastern europe one. But nowadays it's quite a bit more expensive compared to few years ago. I would get LG if choosing asian.

Other brands i won't bother.

Strongly recommend a 5 year warranty by BD for more expensive washing machines.

Edited by Lala81

Turbocharged

I find front load better than top load. Uses less water but generally longer cycle. Feels FL cleans better too (esp if you use high temp to wash).

My first FL Electrolux 6kg lasted 6 years but it was because I overloaded it with my mattress cover monthly. Otherwise I think it can easily do 10 years.

Currently using a 10kg Samsung FL. Big enough for my needs. Close to 1 year already. So far so good.

Hypersonic

Asian brand front load, I choose LG, becoz my previous LG lasted 15 years. But certain need replacement, like the large ring clip, rusted and the plastic tube. But LG is as expensive as European brand, that is why I didn't get it. Got a beko brand instead as it was cheaper by alot. One of the very few with 3 years warranty, but 3rd year only parts.

Supersonic
(edited)

Top load use more water and less clean. Simply because in order for the tube to  spin the clothing, there has to be enough water to float all the clothes, and because the clothes are floating in water, there is little "rubbing effect" when the tube is spinning back and forth.

For front loading, first the water usage is low because there is no need to fill up the whole tube, the clothes get thrown around in the tube when the tube is spinning vertically, resulting in better cleaning effect, and because of less water, there is more friction and better clothe to clothe rubbing effect in the process of tube rotation. 

I use a top end LG model for years, so far happy with it.  there is hot water function but hardly used.  Sorry i didnt use it, my helper use it, and it is so far "maid" proof, meaning it has been used and...... abused maybe.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Yes

Front load uses less water and a cleaner wash too

Been using Electrolux. No issues

Previous machine was whirlpool

you sure

you still look pretty black to me

maybe it is the detergent?

• Praise 1

Just have to look out for the low water and low power consumption.

One thing to note when using a front loading  washing machine. Use low sud washing powder instead of liquid washing detergent.

Just have to look out for the low water and low power consumption.

One thing to note when using a front loading washing machine. Use low sud washing powder instead of liquid washing detergent.

Been using TOP for many years.

Very good for indoor drying.

No foul smell even in wet rainy day.

post-4314-0-27171200-1559805081_thumb.jpg