Yymail22

Washing machine front loading

I've been using the Miele front load for close to 10 years now.

2 full washing cycles per day - Ranging to kids clothes, normal regular clothes, to heavier stuff like jeans, bed sheets and even curtains. 

Pretty solid washing machine with various settings to suit different materials/cycles/timings, and a honeycomb drum which is gentle on the clothes. So far (touch wood) no major issues with it except 1 wear-and-tear replacement of the washing machine suspension. Another thing I like is that the build quality is great and the outer surfaces do not turn yellow like I've seen on other brands.

For front loads, good maintenance is through ensuring that the rubber gaskets are always wiped dry after each wash to prevent warpage and accumulation of scum and mould. Also, it is preferred that low-suds detergent is used - Usually the most recommended would be Persil.

From other relatives or friends' feedback, I hear the higher-end Electrolux models (Made in Italy ones, iirc) are also not bad.

↡ Advertisement

Front load or top load, it is all about physics (just observe what happened with the drum spin), so it is front load machine for me. I am currently using Panasonic NA-120VX6 (~13 months old), very satisfied with the quietness and performance so far. I dare to say that it is better than my previous Samsung washer (broke down after ~6 years) and on par with Bosch (expensive but durable - my 1st unit last me ~10 years)

r9ldV2U.jpg

Washing powder wise, I have been toggling between these few brands, which worked well for me throughout the past 20+ years (across 4 different top load machines from Bosch - 2, Samsung - 1 and Panasonic - 1):

1) Top (green packaging)
2) Max Kleen (orange packaging)
3) Persil
4) Spin

As to which is my preferred choice, I follow my wallet. [:)]

Now using this, which I bought in JB for ~RM28 (5Kg).

rSh3vm0.jpg

• Praise 3

Europe uses a lot of front load washing machine because they can just stack the dryer on top. Most washing machines has a good base to mount the dryer.

Europe uses a lot of front load washing machine because they can just stack the dryer on top. Most washing machines has a good base to mount the dryer.

Ya, bcos they don't get much sun.
↡ Advertisement

Just have to look out for the low water and low power consumption.

One thing to note when using a front loading washing machine. Use low sud washing powder instead of liquid washing detergent.

Have been using Dynamo on my front load washer for years. Is there any reason liquid detergent is not good for front load?

I think after using one machine for more than 15 years, one should go replacement in order to avoid emergency repair. As after a certain period of time, old devices unable to maintain a perfect efficiency and required more power to run.

↡ Advertisement