Washing machine front loading

Yymail22

I've been using the Miele front load for close to 10 years now.

2 full washing cycles per day - Ranging to kids clothes, normal regular clothes, to heavier stuff like jeans, bed sheets and even curtains. 

Pretty solid washing machine with various settings to suit different materials/cycles/timings, and a honeycomb drum which is gentle on the clothes. So far (touch wood) no major issues with it except 1 wear-and-tear replacement of the washing machine suspension. Another thing I like is that the build quality is great and the outer surfaces do not turn yellow like I've seen on other brands.

For front loads, good maintenance is through ensuring that the rubber gaskets are always wiped dry after each wash to prevent warpage and accumulation of scum and mould. Also, it is preferred that low-suds detergent is used - Usually the most recommended would be Persil.

From other relatives or friends' feedback, I hear the higher-end Electrolux models (Made in Italy ones, iirc) are also not bad.

↡ Advertisement

Front load or top load, it is all about physics (just observe what happened with the drum spin), so it is front load machine for me. I am currently using Panasonic NA-120VX6 (~13 months old), very satisfied with the quietness and performance so far. I dare to say that it is better than my previous Samsung washer (broke down after ~6 years) and on par with Bosch (expensive but durable - my 1st unit last me ~10 years)

r9ldV2U.jpg

Washing powder wise, I have been toggling between these few brands, which worked well for me throughout the past 20+ years (across 4 different top load machines from Bosch - 2, Samsung - 1 and Panasonic - 1):

1) Top (green packaging)
2) Max Kleen (orange packaging)
3) Persil
4) Spin

As to which is my preferred choice, I follow my wallet. [:)]

Now using this, which I bought in JB for ~RM28 (5Kg).

rSh3vm0.jpg

• Praise 5

Europe uses a lot of front load washing machine because they can just stack the dryer on top. Most washing machines has a good base to mount the dryer.

Just have to look out for the low water and low power consumption.

One thing to note when using a front loading washing machine. Use low sud washing powder instead of liquid washing detergent.

Have been using Dynamo on my front load washer for years. Is there any reason liquid detergent is not good for front load?

I think after using one machine for more than 15 years, one should go replacement in order to avoid emergency repair. As after a certain period of time, old devices unable to maintain a perfect efficiency and required more power to run.

On 6/6/2019 at 4:23 PM, Carbon82 said:

Front load or top load, it is all about physics (just observe what happened with the drum spin), so it is front load machine for me. I am currently using Panasonic NA-120VX6 (~13 months old), very satisfied with the quietness and performance so far. I dare to say that it is better than my previous Samsung washer (broke down after ~6 years) and on par with Bosch (expensive but durable - my 1st unit last me ~10 years)

r9ldV2U.jpg

Washing powder wise, I have been toggling between these few brands, which worked well for me throughout the past 20+ years (across 4 different top load machines from Bosch - 2, Samsung - 1 and Panasonic - 1):

1) Top (green packaging)
2) Max Kleen (orange packaging)
3) Persil
4) Spin

As to which is my preferred choice, I follow my wallet. [:)]

Now using this, which I bought in JB for ~RM28 (5Kg).

Am using a Samsung washer /dryer WD8122CVB.. still going strong dispite the fact that it 11 years old.

I just call Samsung to buy the Front door gasket. They mention no more parts avalable.

So now on the hunt for another Washer / Dryer .. quite attracted to the PAnasonic but as I had pretty good experience with my current Samsung, I have short listed to 3 brands. Panasonic, LG and Samsung.

Any clue which has the lowest retail cost for the same brand and model?

Will probably try my luck at Harvey norman warehouse at Chai Chee 

33 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Am using a Samsung washer /dryer WD8122CVB.. still going strong dispite the fact that it 11 years old.

I just call Samsung to buy the Front door gasket. They mention no more parts avalable.

So now on the hunt for another Washer / Dryer .. quite attracted to the PAnasonic but as I had pretty good experience with my current Samsung, I have short listed to 3 brands. Panasonic, LG and Samsung.

Have a Panasonic which has been around for quite a few years already, longer than the last Electrolux. Seems reliable. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Have a Panasonic which has been around for quite a few years already, longer than the last Electrolux. Seems reliable. 

looks like there is some love for panasonic..

Have your gasket give u problems?

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

Can try ParisSilk. 

IIRC, they provide free delivery and disposal of old machine.

Usually can negotiate a bit off the price. 

• Praise 1

used my previous Panasonic front loader for 7 years. Motor was working fine, just that belt was slipping sometimes and the rust became more apparent and started minor leaking. 

so ordered a new Panasonic front loader from Panasonic Store on Shopee after CNY during Shopee home appliances sale. 

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

I am using SS add load front loader for the past two years. So far so good. I think the main thing to ensuring long life is not to overload the machine. And buy the biggest capacity you can afford since you will reduce the chance of overload. 

My old 6kg Electrolux was serving me well for 7 years till I overloaded it many times, causing it to malfunction. 

My new 9kg SS surprisingly has a similar footprint as the lower capacity Electrolux. 

• Praise 3

I bought a fridge recently and I realized the best price is buying online. 

Qoo, Lazada or Shopee. Just have the brand and model you have in mind. I bought from Qoo in the end because they have voucher $100 off minimum $900. Keep a lookout.

Bought from Audio House at Qoo in the end.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 5

Bosch > LG/Electrolux > Samsung/Panny

That being said, all of them won't last super long. Expect a superior white goods machine nowadays to last about 6-7 years without issue at best.
Get a 5 year extended warranty for front loaders.
For top loaders just buy and throw.

All the brands we have here are the same as they get in Australia more or less. There is one review site over there. 

I believe mustank junked his SS front loader within a few years.

For those people expecting your current product to last as long as the previous one, sorry to say this isnt AC. Internationally, white goods are the most often junked household appliances.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

We have good experience with electrolux front loading ($600, made in Italy). My mother bought the first one over 30 yrs ago. We decided to replace it, bcuz the handle (design) was not reliable at 12 yrs old. After a myriad of other brands (Bosch, F&P, SS), I'm back with electrolux ($550 made in Thailand), and still using.

I'll never buy another Bosch again. It was the most expensive at $2k, and I had to replace the shocks every 2 yrs. Otherwise, it jump around during spin cycle.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

I bought a fridge recently and I realized the best price is buying online. 

Qoo, Lazada or Shopee. Just have the brand and model you have in mind. I bought from Qoo in the end because they have voucher $100 off minimum $900. Keep a lookout.

Bought from Audio House at Qoo in the end.

Not exactly ... I recently bought LG washing machine from Courts and they had further slash the "sales" price that all the online sellers can beat or match... so turned out Courts still cheaper plus some freebies

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3