Vietnam issues statement on Singapore PM’s speech

Zxcvb

Turbocharged

He open mouth......decades of diplomacy went down the drain......ððð

Who? Tan Chuan Jin?
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

But Vietnam didn't withdraw from Cambodia after the pressure from China also..

Vietnam also knew that China has an understanding with US and Russia that this will not be a full scale attack on Vietnam. Vietnam could count on Russia since they have Russia's support.

If Vietnam is set on their "expansionary" drive, they still could go ahead.

I've read somewhere that China tied up most of Vietnam's best forces art their border, that had an effect on the Thai situation.

(edited)

post-131345-0-57108900-1559985675_thumb.jpg

If I am paid the highest salary as a politician with

Top brains of the country at my disposal.

Making such any mistake is unforgivable

Btw...the salary does not include any bonus

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 3

It is amusing why one would voluntarily stir up a hornet's nest by including incendiary content in an eulogy? Right now, the official narrative is focusing on the discourse of being correct vs. being politically correct. Sidestepping much?

It is South China Sea V 2.0 all over again.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

You all don't see the big picture, Its called the domino effect. NOT the pizza hor.

If Vietnam takes over Cambodia then they take Thailand then Malaysia and Singapore.

Anyway my fren took me to Joo Chiat dragging and screaming and I saw with my own eye what an invasion of Vietnamese ladies looked like.

It was terrible and to think in 10 years time they will overtake us. We should slow them down but taking away all their good looking hard working young ladies.

Stop them having babies back home and increasing their army. We need to use our bullets now to increase our own army size.

Look at Japan with the negative birth rates and declining population. This could happen to us. We need to have 2 wives a second one from Vietnam. This is for our own survival.

To save ourselves I am willing to have a second MIL. A nice Vietnamese lady that makes nice Pho.

:D

Lets not be selfish 2 or more wives if you have the bullets. 

Lets plunder their most valuable virgin assets NOW.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 3

Twincharged

Screenshot_20190608-164647_Chrome.jpg

If I am paid the highest salary as a politician with

Top brains of the country at my disposal.

Making such any mistake is unforgivable

Btw...the salary does not include any bonus ð¥ð¥ð¥ð¥

His bonus is my 1 year salary

Their bonus is said to be able to exceed 12 months and above hor..

Your annual salary buay su our PM

now kana, thinks if LHL says he's wrong.....his image would take a beating,  thus die die must say he's right :secret-laugh:

Cambodia PM Hun Sen: PM Lee's comments 'an insult' to sacrifice of Vietnam's military volunteers
 Staff Writer, Singapore,Yahoo News Singapore Fri, 7 Jun 5:04 PM SGT
  • Lee Hsien Loong (PHOTOS: Getty Image)

SINGAPORE — Cambodia Prime Minister (PM) Hun Sen has criticised recent comments by Singapore PM Lee Hsien Loong, who had described the 1978-1989 Indochina conflict as an “invasion”.

In a post on his Facebook page on Thursday (6 June), the 66-year-old said that Lee’s comments are “an insult” to the sacrifice of the Vietnamese military volunteers who helped liberate Cambodia from the Khmer Rouge regime under Pol Pot, which ruled the nation from 1975 to 1979.

Lee wrote a Facebook post on 31 May to pay tribute to the late former Thai PM General Prem Tinsulanonda, who passed away on 26 May. He said, among other things, that General Prem was PM in 1978 when the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) opposed “Vietnam’s invasion of Cambodia and the Cambodian government that replaced the Khmer Rouge”.

However, Vietnam and Cambodia have long maintained that the conflict was to “liberate” Cambodians from the massacres carried out by the Khmer Rouge. Up to 3 million Cambodians were estimated to have died under Pol Pot’s brutal rule.

Rebuttal in Facebook post

Hun Sen wrote in his Facebook post, which was translated from Khmer, “I deeply regret to learn of the Facebook post of H.E. Lee Hsien Loong, Prime Minister of Singapore, on 31 May expressing his condolences on the passing of General Prem Tinsulanonda in which he said, ‘(General Prem’s) time as PM coincided with the ASEAN members (then five of us) coming together to oppose Vietnam’s invasion of Cambodia and the Cambodian government that replaced the Khmer Rouge.’

“His statement reflects Singapore’s position then in support of the genocidal regime and the wish for its return to Cambodia.”

The long-time Cambodian leader noted that Singapore hosted a tripartite meeting that led to the formation of a Cambodian coalition government. Calling it “an act against the survival of the Cambodian people”, he said Singapore’s actions had prolonged the war and the suffering of Cambodian people for another decade.

Hun Sen added, “His statement is also an insult to the sacrifice of the Vietnamese military volunteers who helped to liberate Cambodia from the genocidal regime. His statement reveals to the Singaporean people and the world that (the) leader of Singapore had indeed contributed to the massacre of Cambodian people.

“Finally, I shall ask whether H.E. Lee Hsien Loong considers the trial of Khmer Rouge leaders legitimate?”

Turbocharged

You all don't see the big picture, Its called the domino effect. NOT the pizza hor.

If Vietnam takes over Cambodia then they take Thailand then Malaysia and Singapore.

Anyway my fren took me to Joo Chiat dragging and screaming and I saw with my own eye what an invasion of Vietnamese ladies looked like.

It was terrible and to think in 10 years time they will overtake us. We should slow them down but taking away all their good looking hard working young ladies.

Stop them having babies back home and increasing their army. We need to use our bullets now to increase our own army size.

Look at Japan with the negative birth rates and declining population. This could happen to us. We need to have 2 wives a second one from Vietnam. This is for our own survival.

To save ourselves I am willing to have a second MIL. A nice Vietnamese lady that makes nice Pho.

:D

Lets not be selfish 2 or more wives if you have the bullets.

Lets plunder their most valuable virgin assets NOW.

LOL

They are still parroting the domino theory when talking about this issue. That's a bogeyman cooked up by the US at that time, to win influence in SE Asia. The theory is discredited by now, someone should point out to MFA.

https://www.history.com/topics/cold-war/domino-theory

• Praise 1

Has it occur to anyone that ah long was not the one who drafted the eulogy?

Simply saying, he might have read blindly without understanding what it is!!!

• Praise 3

(edited)

LOL

They are still parroting the domino theory when talking about this issue. That's a bogeyman cooked up by the US at that time, to win influence in SE Asia. The theory is discredited by now, someone should point out to MFA.

https://www.history.com/topics/cold-war/domino-theory

with hindsight, everybody will agree. But at that point in time with the cold war being played out everybody was worried. Indonesia had just gone through a communist purge and a military coup, Malaysia was struggling with the communist threat, phillipines had Marcos at the helm and we were developing out of a third world status, the thought of Vietnam then which had won against USA was really a nightmare scenario and nobody wants what had happened in Indochina to be played out very close to home. Even if USA sells a comb as a communist l-killer the nations here would buy container load of them.... Edited by Evillusion

Twincharged

Die lah, read blindly get $1.7m. Don't read blindly how much more!
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

I wonder if randomly, GCT will just slap his forehead, and mumble to himself ..

"What the fxxk was I thinking!?!?!?... WHY did I hand over to this potato

• Praise 1

No. Because a seat warmer cannot decide when he wants to leave.... 

"What the fxxk was I thinking!?!?!?... WHY did I hand over to this potato

I can be almost certain that most of these kucing kurak eulogies, speeches and even NDP rally are not crafted by the politician themselves.

They are paid to proof read and correct anything that comes to their hands. If anything gets published or delivered, means they have "signed off" and it is effectively their ownership. 

Am pretty sure LHL understands the speech, but as to the political implications, he probably have no inkling the fall out. He is not the same level as his old man even. An 80 Yr old LKY is anytime sharper than the 1 generation younger pinkie. Period. 

• Praise 6

Hypersonic

"What the fxxk was I thinking!?!?!?... WHY did I hand over to this potato ð­ð­.. pork soup, middle kingdom, mee Siam mai hum, trump "congratulations", jbj "condolences", buy/fix supporters/opponents, Oxley, parliament drama centre, delayed handover.... I should have bloody stayed on as PM.. "

Don’t forget this:

"Beijing residents joke that to get a free smoke all they have to do is open their windows!" Lee said.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3