Vietnam issues statement on Singapore PM’s speech

Zxcvb

Twincharged

There is a difference between a statesman and an idiot.

I cant tell.

As our PM and being on the Asean team, he definitely has rights to comment on issues brought up before them whether he has not or ever experienced such events before.

If that's the qualification before any leader can comment, guess one likely to be now at least 80 years or more? Dr M fits the glove. So in all matters that future and current leaders never experienced or gone thru before, all cannot comment? A committee of silence? Cos all never went thru wars or past genocides?

In future, just send printed letters or emails to all departed leaders "Sincere Condolences. One road good to walk". Problem solved. World so simple-minded. Later, kena for being insincere or ungrateful cos never say how so and so helped this country or that country or our country.

• Praise 4

Supercharged

i wonder what is there to argue about.....speaking facts doesn't mean one is doing the right or appropriate things.

while it is true people who will want to take offence will nitpick to do so, there is no need for a statesman to volunteer himself and his country as dartboard with flammable speech.

if he is on such good terms with the demised thai, he should have done it via a private mode of communication rather than facebook.

• Praise 1

i wonder what is there to argue about.....speaking facts doesn't mean one is doing the right or appropriate things.

while it is true people who will want to take offence will nitpick to do so, there is no need for a statesman to volunteer himself and his country as dartboard with flammable speech.

if he is on such good terms with the demised thai, he should have done it via a private mode of communication rather than facebook.

I think Long ge wanted to educate the young ones on history closer to us...but no one tells him the FB gen should know about that part of history...he should go to IG instead. Kekeke

Twincharged

post-14834-0-43197800-1559900177_thumb.jpg

This guy power msg me. Anyway each have the own opinion. I do feel that in certain circumstances better to keep it short and simple. Yeah say is easy, but then there are also learning point taken from what other people said.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20190607_173536_com.android.chrome.jpg

This guy power msg me. Anyway each have the own opinion. I do feel that in certain circumstances better to keep it short and simple. Yeah say is easy, but then there are also learning point taken from what other people said.

wah. you guys really good leh.

Still got private love letter. I got nothing.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Wow I also kena private msg from Alfalove. [sweatdrop]

This guy's faith is unshakeable...He said:

Dear older working adult citizen, your idolatry of tang and nair forgets the fact that these two chaps were not tortured or underwent genocide.

Both have enjoyed life well, paid well in good jobs, and into peaceful old age. No harassment from singapore govt. Living good life in landed property while you continue your miserable existing trying to find fault with pap govt at every opportunity.

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 1

So whose version and interpretation of history is the truth and whose is fake?

I am sure SG govt "believe" the things that spews from the esteemed leader is nothing but the truth....

On the other hand, I am also very sure the Vietnamese government "believe" that their version of the history is not fake too.

That brings me to this question......

What makes our Govt the final arbiter of the absolute truth/fake in Singapore and around the world?

Screen-Shot-2017-07-19-at-18.18.49.png

reality-940x1024.jpg

• Praise 5

Supersonic

What a mess !

Fact:

Vietnam troops did go into Cambodia. Khmer Rouge was replaced.

Does the end justify the means ? Probably so. Most people would like to see the Khmer Rouge gone, whether by internal or external forces.

Vietnam may not like the word invasion. Perhaps they like to call it an invitation.

Whatever makes you happy !

• Praise 1