2019/2020! Recession coming

RadX

1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

But the less educated Singaporeans.. do they want to work as construction workers or cleaners that clear our rubbish dump daily?

What is the remuneration? If you are paying them 800 per month, then of course the answer is no.

↡ Advertisement

17 hours ago, Victor68 said:

Actually IT is flooded. Not sure flooded is an understatement 

Wonder where are all the locals which studied IT gone to?

34 minutes ago, 13177 said:

obviously not in CBP....... that's why CBP has so many FTs

1 hour ago, Kusje said:

What is the remuneration? If you are paying them 800 per month, then of course the answer is no.

So when FT is willing to take up those jobs, in what way is it unfair to the "less educated" Singaporean?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Theoldjaffa said:

So when FT is willing to take up those jobs, in what way is it unfair to the "less educated" Singaporean?

Errr... because without ft, those jobs will be paid more to attract Singaporeans. Isn’t it obvious....

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Errr... because without ft, those jobs will be paid more to attract Singaporeans. Isn’t it obvious....

we can have our own ppl doing low level job with attractive wages,

but we will need to pay more tax to cover for that.

no 2 way about it.frankly i dun know which is better also

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, 13177 said:

They helps to make up the quota for FT and if there is no need for quota due to CECA, they will undertake those tasks that FT cannot meet clearance requirements. That you see the over crowding of FT. haha

2 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

If we allow any FTs to start flooding your industry tomorrow, I am also sure there will be many FTs willing to take up your job. But since we are in different industries, I also don't find it unfair.

Edited by Kusje

46 minutes ago, Beregond said:

we can have our own ppl doing low level job with attractive wages,

but we will need to pay more tax to cover for that.

no 2 way about it.frankly i dun know which is better also

Yes of course someone has to pay.

My issue is that the lower educated are not being protected right now while the middle class and rich benefits. Why should we protect middle class while neglecting low income?

• Praise 1

32 minutes ago, Kusje said:

If we allow any FTs to start flooding your industry tomorrow, I am also sure there will be many FTs willing to take up your job. But since we are in different industries, I also don't find it unfair.

In the first place you were talking about Low level jobs that “lower educated” Singaporean’s aren’t willing to take up.

don’t drift.

so if Singaporean’s don’t want those jobs and FTs come take it up, in what way is it unfair?

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

23 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

In the first place you were talking about Low level jobs that “lower educated” Singaporean’s aren’t willing to take up.

don’t drift.

so if Singaporean’s don’t want those jobs and FTs come take it up, in what way is it unfair?

I am talking about low level jobs that Singaporeans don't want to take up at 800 SGD per month.

If we flood your job with FTs and they are willing to be paid $1500 per month, will you want to work for that amount? Then also not unfair right?

22 minutes ago, Kusje said:

I am talking about low level jobs that Singaporeans don't want to take up at 800 SGD per month.

If we flood your job with FTs and they are willing to be paid $1500 per month, will you want to work for that amount? Then also not unfair right?

You’re not making sense.

its a cause and effect thing.

https://www.businessinsider.sg/singapore-job-seekers-deterred-by-low-pay-shift-work-and-physically-strenuous-work-in-non-pmet-jobs-mom-study-finds/

“Singaporeans were not as attracted to non-PMET openings because of unattractive pay, physically strenuous job nature, work on weekends or public holidays, and shift work.”

so if Singaporeans don’t want to do, and then FTs take those jobs, how is it unfair?

now it’s FTs filling up voids. Not FTs being flooded in to displace Singaporeans jobs in those areas.

And I’m referring to the Low level educated Singaporeans job that you first mentioned. Not PMET jobs.

• Praise 1

29 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

don’t drift.

Aiya.. dun bother talkng to this guy, either super anti garment or anti establishment, already been on my ignore list for very long.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

31 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

You’re not making sense.

https://www.businessinsider.sg/singapore-job-seekers-deterred-by-low-pay-shift-work-and-physically-strenuous-work-in-non-pmet-jobs-mom-study-finds/

“Singaporeans were not as attracted to non-PMET openings because of unattractive pay, physically strenuous job nature, work on weekends or public holidays, and shift work.”

so if Singaporeans don’t want to do, and then FTs take those jobs, how is it unfair?

now it’s FTs filling up voids. Not FTs being flooded in to displace Singaporeans jobs in those areas.

And I’m referring to the Low level educated Singaporeans job that you first mentioned. Not PMET jobs.

I think we should refer them as FW.

We need FW, not those so-call FT in PMET job. 

• Praise 4

my view ........ be it Low Level job or Mid Level or High Level .......... 

all categories kana robbed by FT or FW........ 

So why  ?..................... I think abit different  reasons for the different categories 

Low level - mainly no one want to do . too long works . too physical intense etc  Young one dont like , Old one cannot take it . 

There are better way of handling this ...... just that our elite Kan Si Lang bo chap . Just Chin Chai do and cover backside.🙄

Partly also due to the 10M pop crap  , but recent years , saw some change to policy for citizenship . now no more ah Cow , ah Meow take pink IC.

Mid  level - flood gate open big big , PMET jobs kana stolen ....   mainly  10M population crap .

This part is the most hardest hit . Obviously our scholars / Elite all failed their IQ tests . Created hell for everyone .  [speechless]

high level - well , all about $$$ ........ 

So PSF all went skyhigh lor .... 😀 Rolex also sky high 

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

You’re not making sense.

I think the cause and effect is not as clear cut as u made it out to be. Just go japan, they have Japanese people working in construction paid much more than here. 

all I knows companies are lazy... If u let them higher 2 ft at the same price as one local, they will hire the ft as Long as the ft is half as efficient. If u don’t let them have ft, they will either go bust... no job for anyone or evolve and find a way to make their processes more efficient like the Japanese. 

wah i very glad my boss never replace my low level storeman job and caretaker with a foreign worker

as long as pay me enough to raise a family on 1 income... no matter how hard or difficult the work is, i will still do de

low level peasant how to choose? 人在江湖身不由己

😬😓

• Praise 1

You’re not making sense.

Cause and effect is right. But what is the cause and what is the effect?

Cause of low wages and lousy work conditions is because we opened the gates for FTs willing to work for low wage and lousy conditions. 

I can bet that if you open the flood gates for FTs to take our PMET jobs, you will also see wages start to fall and other perks (leave, etc) start to go away. Then is it fair?

↡ Advertisement