Which mid size MPV?

Jerrygsr

Neutral Newbie

As my family is getting bigger, I need a mid size MPV for weekends. My family size now consist my wife, 2 kids, my helper and occasionally with my mum.

I'm considering the Honda Stream or the Mazda 5.

I like Honda Stream is because its a Honda and it is has the RSZ version

I like the Mazda 5 because of its a more practical car and its sliding door.

So which will u choose? 

And any drivers own these cars can share their views? Fuel consumption, Drive, maintainence?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Those 2 cars you mentioned, are already discontinued for sale in Singapore. Therefore, I presume you are seeking a resale car. If you can share your budget, then perhaps we can provide better advice.

I feel the Mazda 5 will be more spacious but will consume more in fuel. 

Instead of the Honda Stream (which is a really old model), I will consider the more recently discontinued Toyota Wish. They are almost similar in specs and size. It is also more economical to run, compared to the Mazda 5.

• Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

As my family is getting bigger, I need a mid size MPV for weekends. My family size now consist my wife, 2 kids, my helper and occasionally with my mum.

I'm considering the Honda Stream or the Mazda 5.

I like Honda Stream is because its a Honda and it is has the RSZ version

I like the Mazda 5 because of its a more practical car and its sliding door.

So which will u choose?

And any drivers own these cars can share their views? Fuel consumption, Drive, maintainence?

I guess you are working within a specific budget, otherwise a new full size MPV like Odyssey would be a good consideration. Alternatively, a used Estima or used Odyssey may be second to good. But road tax and fuel consumption would be slightly higher than the two other models you mentioned. I drove 15 years of full size MPV when my children were younger and I had a 15 good years of usage.

If I have to limit to only the two models mentioned, Mazda 5 would be more practical in getting in and out of the car because of the sliding door. Fuel consumption of Mazda 5 is incremental, wont be very much higher than honda stream.

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement