2017 Volvo XC40

Carbon82

Supercharged

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/big-reads/volvo-xc40-vs-jaguar-e-pace-vs-ds-7-vs-bmw-x1

Volvo XC40 vs Jag E-Pace vs DS 7 Crossback vs BMW X1

"There is an easy winner here, and that’s the Volvo XC40. It’s fresh, it’s modern, it’s an intelligent, cleverly targeted, attractively designed and well-executed car that shows real ability across the board. It’s good to spend time in, easy to interact with, is cosseting when you want, yet quietly satisfying, too. It’s the all-round package."

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/big-reads/volvo-xc40-vs-jaguar-e-pace-vs-ds-7-vs-bmw-x1

Volvo XC40 vs Jag E-Pace vs DS 7 Crossback vs BMW X1

"There is an easy winner here, and that’s the Volvo XC40. It’s fresh, it’s modern, it’s an intelligent, cleverly targeted, attractively designed and well-executed car that shows real ability across the board. It’s good to spend time in, easy to interact with, is cosseting when you want, yet quietly satisfying, too. It’s the all-round package."

• Praise 1

Supercharged

For tats price. Y nt compare x3? Xc40 is 30k more than a 1.5t x1.

XC40 list is $190-205K, right at X1 sDrive20i level wat

post-1698-0-37551700-1518612965_thumb.png

Edited by Eyke

For tats price. Y nt compare x3? Xc40 is 30k more than a 1.5t x1.

The X1 1.5T is bare car with puny engine power, can’t compare with XC40.

Should be compared with X1 20i, this is XC40 win with the AWD setup and more power.

• Praise 2

Not Apple to Apple lah. X3 is more equivalent to xc60 n Q5.

I use pricing as my primary criteria mah. anyhow hor, no have x1 20i in spore anymore. nobody wanna spent extra 20k. must as well pay abit more X3 liao. keke

Remember the first post where I made fun of the xc40?

Sorry bmw...

Household just bought one.......

There is no comparison to ANYTHING else in this segment. X1 (good drive but fwd vs awd how to fight, interior also feels one generation behind after the xc40), GLA (drives/ride like f**k), Q3(Audi? Meh), XC40 wins all. Imo, styling, interior, gadgets, safety features, "premium feel" and overall packaging. For us, It's wasn't the power levels or engine spec but really the overall car itself is just excellent and very well thought over.

Volvo made a really good car and they managed to price it lower than their German counterparts without compromising on anything that we look for in a car.

I did not expect to like the car this much (reached the showroom at 545pm. Thot just drink water see see and leave). But really after seeing it, I can't say anything bad about it.

It's not an X3 competitor, X3 is one segment up liao, also one size up. If same price, of cos the new X3 (having driven it). But I don't think the new X3 is gonna come in at this price range. BMW will need something new and much better in their new X1 to compete with the volvo.

We went for the Momentum spec. Tiffany color combo.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 8

Sorry bmw...

There is no comparison to ANYTHING else in this segment. X1 (good drive but fwd vs awd how to fight, interior also feels one generation behind after the xc40), GLA (drives/ride like f**k), Q3(Audi? Meh), XC40 wins all. Imo, styling, interior, gadgets, safety features, "premium feel" and overall packaging. For us, It's wasn't the power levels or engine spec but really the overall car itself is just excellent and very well thought over.

Volvo made a really good car and they managed to price it lower than their German counterparts without compromising on anything that we look for in a car.

I did not expect to like the car this much (reached the showroom at 545pm. Thot just drink water see see and leave). But really after seeing it, I can't say anything bad about it.

It's not an X3 competitor, X3 is one segment up liao, also one size up. If same price, of cos the new X3 (having driven it). But I don't think the new X3 is gonna come in at this price range. BMW will need something new and much better in their new X1 to compete with the volvo.

Wha congrats! Give us a good review when car arrives!!

Nvr thought u would get a Volvo cos u normally BMW kind of driver. Well there is always a first time for everything n who knows if u become a Volvo die hard going forward

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 4

Sorry bmw...

bro, can share what deals you got?

Sorry bmw...

Enter BMW X2, launched just a couple of weeks ago.

I am personally a fan of Volvo, its the simplicity, subtlety and ‘not-in-your-face’ language that won me over. I have to say XC40 is a little bit more aggressive and fun in its design, to cater to the younger generations.

You will find hidden features as you go along. The safety feature list are very long...you can download the Volvo app and check out the manual first. A lot of nice techs are integrated seamlessly with the design and build.

Congrats on your new car!

Not a fan of the X2 / X4 / X6 cars. If someone wants a sports car, get a sports car. If someone wants a sports sedan, get a sports sedan. If someone wants an SUV, get a proper SUV. Self defeating. 

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 2

There are definitely a market (indicates also the need) for products which can serve at least 2 purpose or function or need, whatever you call it. That’s why crossover is the new sedan.

Just like washer+dryer, fridge+freezer, aircon+purifier, phones+camera etc. Are these products better than their standalone products? Might not be, but people want more functionality in a single product.

That's the issue. X2/X4/X6 don't do "more". They do "less". 

Wonder if your XC40 can be polestar tune?  :a-happy:

Edited by Mason016

Ended up going for (slightly more boring) Miami Vice style. White body / white roof / white interior combo. I wld have preferred Tiffany colors. Oh well. stock wheels look so dinky. Maybe one day throw on some 20" ERST wheels. 

a7d27da6-0e1f-41d1-a106-c44ed562f645.png

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1