2017 Volvo XC40

Carbon82

Hi all, new to volvo and pretty impressed with xc40. so is T4 a newer variant as compared to T5?

And wats the diff between Mom and R design??

The t4 is a lower spec to t5 on engine specification. The t5 is a more powerful engine

Momentum is the basis design.

R design is the more complicated one and sportier version. Has the glass sun roof and some bumper differences. Usually 10k more no matter t4 or t5 engine

I got the basic momentum t4 one as just needed a car for day to day compute. And looked importantly at the price

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The t4 is a lower spec to t5 on engine specification. The t5 is a more powerful engine

R design is the more complicated one and sportier version. Has the glass sun roof and some bumper differences. Usually 10k more no matter t4 or t5 engine

I got the basic momentum t4 one as just needed a car for day to day compute. And looked importantly at the price

Can pm me your purchase price for this T4 momentum? Thanks.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thks bro! Difficult decision as t4r same price as t5m. Lol.. looks vs performance!!!

Btw t4m giving very attractive price ya..

T4r vs t5m, take the T5. No brainer. Appearance can always ownself znng. Engine and equipment cannot.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 1

Hi all, wanna to know that:

Every time start the car the driving mode changed to Comfort from Individual, Can it stay which mode I want? And the start/stop function, can permanently disable it?

• Praise 1

Hi, can share the package of Xc40 T4 momentum pls?
  • Praise 1

Hi, i'm thinking of getting either Volvo XC40 T4-Momentum or Benz GLA-180, or maybe just go for a cheaper Tuscon...

Rep was telling me GLA-180 is much smaller size and would be cramped for small families.

Can anyone share or PM what deals they got for the Volvo XC40 as reference?

Also any feedback or potential issues so far?

Trying to get as much information as possible before making a decision.

thanks much in advance.

Hi, i'm thinking of getting either Volvo XC40 T4-Momentum or Benz GLA-180, or maybe just go for a cheaper Tuscon...

Rep was telling me GLA-180 is much smaller size and would be cramped for small families.

thanks much in advance.

As a mercedes owner and soon to be volvo owner. I would feel. Mercedes has a higher maintenance costs. The cla which I owned was a problematic car. Heard the first gen GLA had many issues too so they were not really sellsble. Problems faced are quite similar in the cla and gla. Faulty battery. Car can die frequently during eco mode as the battery cant kick start the car. I took my card in at least 4 times to check and correct the issue. Quite a waste of time.

But the gla is a new model or revamp model. I think its best to skip the gla. I have a friend who bought it recently. Will get him to give a feedback.

Heard the glc is the better car if you are a die hard mercedes fan.

• Praise 2

thanks much in advance.

XC40 is a much bigger car interior and exterior. More powerful 2.0L engine and better equipped.

GLA180 1.6L with 122bhp. Underpower (relative), small and clamp interior.

I will go for the XC40.

Unless you die die need a 3 point star.

thanks much in advance.

XC40 has a more spacious interior than the GLA.

thanks all for the quick responses, much appreciated!

Other concern is the maintenance costs and given the electronics (2 touchscreens) installed would this become a problem in future?

Also how much better is the safety compared to other conti or japanese/korean cars?

thanks all for the quick responses, much appreciated!

Other concern is the maintenance costs and given the electronics (2 touchscreens) installed would this become a problem in future?

Also how much better is the safety compared to other conti or japanese/korean cars?

If you have concern for volvo car safety, something is not very right.

• Praise 2

The most realistic comparison is X2?

XC40 Q3 GLA X1 are in the same segment. Nothing wrong with comparing. Just that GLA is shorter than the rest. Space wise can be like X2 but the X2 is higher performance. Edited by Midorima
  • Praise 2

not concerned about Volvo safety as this is what the brand is famous for, more about reliability of the electronics.

Question is more if the safety features is worth paying the extra cost over a Japanese/Korean brand for example.

The cost isn't exactly cheap and for this price you could also get other branded Conti like Mercedes/BMW etc...

And there is another 20-40k premium over certain Japanese/Korean brands.

Just trying to justify to myself (and my wife) that this will be a good buy over the competition

↡ Advertisement