2017 Volvo XC40

Carbon82

not concerned about Volvo safety as this is what the brand is famous for, more about reliability of the electronics.

Question is more if the safety features is worth paying the extra cost over a Japanese/Korean brand for example.

The cost isn't exactly cheap and for this price you could also get other branded Conti like Mercedes/BMW etc...

And there is another 20-40k premium over certain Japanese/Korean brands.

Just trying to justify to myself (and my wife) that this will be a good buy over the competition

You have to decide yourself. End of the day, we are not the ones paying for your car. Lol.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Wah lau gla180 is crap. Go drive back to back and find out. The ride damn jialat, engine is rough and bo lat one.

My close frd just bought GLA180..

Complaint as above.. plus noise insulation no good..

Most importantly, very cramped .. but he want badge so got to live with it..

not concerned about Volvo safety as this is what the brand is famous for, more about reliability of the electronics.

Question is more if the safety features is worth paying the extra cost over a Japanese/Korean brand for example.

The cost isn't exactly cheap and for this price you could also get other branded Conti like Mercedes/BMW etc...

Just trying to justify to myself (and my wife) that this will be a good buy over the competition

Why never test drive CX-5?

Pls thank me later...

• Praise 2

My close frd just bought GLA180..

Complaint as above.. plus noise insulation no good..

Most importantly, very cramped .. but he want badge so got to live with it..

Why never test drive CX-5?

Pls thank me later...

• Praise 2

i went to Mazda show-room twice already. both times their sales Rep bo hiew me. 2nd one say only once i narrow down my choices then let me test drive. Unfortunately their attitude really lost a potential customer

Sure boh? So far, they are not that jialat as compared to others ..

Or maybe u r a difficult potential buyer?

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 4

i went to Mazda show-room twice already. both times their sales Rep bo hiew me. 2nd one say only once i narrow down my choices then let me test drive. Unfortunately their attitude really lost a potential customer

I go all showrooms they bo hiew me. Low ses face.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 2

True true. Actually most sales people is bo hiew one. You need to go to counter register give some details then they will serve you.

But dont be surprised at the attitude that c&c gives.

Wont put the name out. But i pulled the plug on a salesman cause he said. What is 700 to a mercedes owner...

i was thinking thats my money. Can save i will save. I low ses one....

I decided to deal with another lady who was more sincere and fought for my every dollar.

And recently she left mercedes to go nissan. More no reason for me to buy the glc.

However i met a similarly good SE at volvo and hence moved on to volvo... if they sincerely are on my side to get the best desl. I will buy

Edited by LimShiMin
  • Praise 2

XC40 Q3 GLA X1 are in the same segment. Nothing wrong with comparing. Just that GLA is shorter than the rest. Space wise can be like X2 but the X2 is higher performance.

Model to model wise same.

But the question ask earlier is GLA180 and XC40 T4.

One is 1.6L only 120bhp++. Will be under power.

The others is 2.0L 180bhp++.

XC40 also better equipped.

Edited by Tohto

True true. Actually most sales people is bo hiew one. You need to go to counter register give some details then they will serve you.

But dont be surprised at the attitude that c&c gives.

Wont put the name out. But i pulled the plug on a salesman cause he said. What is 700 to a mercedes owner...

i was thinking thats my money. Can save i will save. I low ses one....

I decided to deal with another lady who was more sincere and fought for my every dollar.

And recently she left mercedes to go nissan. More no reason for me to buy the glc.

However i met a similarly good SE at volvo and hence moved on to volvo... if they sincerely are on my side to get the best desl. I will buy

I actually hate salesman come disturb when I go car showroom.

I prefer when I need them then go and knock at their counter, similar for buying other thing.

• Praise 2

I can understand your question on the extra money paid for safety features. I went through 3 MBs over 13 years and swear that safety features are worth paying for although we may not use it often. I did not crash the car but the cars proved the safety features worked when it was needed during rainy days or hard cornering, especially when it is a rear wheel drive car.

It’s a lot to pay for the XC40, and I am also weighing the cost compared to others. I am slightly gravitating to the 2019 B-class and waiting to compare both. Granted engine power is more for the 40, but I am not into this now but more of nice to have features.

• Praise 2

since a few months ago already?

Not sure about local market so just asking. Relative looking around so if got mayb i can recommend him n go test drive tgt

tried jaguar e pace? looks very prettty

• Praise 1

I can understand your question on the extra money paid for safety features. I went through 3 MBs over 13 years and swear that safety features are worth paying for although we may not use it often. I did not crash the car but the cars proved the safety features worked when it was needed during rainy days or hard cornering, especially when it is a rear wheel drive car.

It’s a lot to pay for the XC40, and I am also weighing the cost compared to others. I am slightly gravitating to the 2019 B-class and waiting to compare both. Granted engine power is more for the 40, but I am not into this now but more of nice to have features.

Thanks for the feedback. Agree that spending more for safety is worth it esp. for those with young families,

in a way its like buying term insurance to try rationalize the extra cost.

Looking for more smooth ride rather than a lot of power (although badly underpowered is also a no-go...)

So far of all the cars i test drove Merc seems the most comfortable. Not the most powerful but feels the most comfortable.

Doors also feel really solid similar to the Volvo.

Pity the space is too cramped and won't be able to wait for next year's B-class to try.

tried jaguar e pace? looks very prettty

not yet. tried a few others like X1 and Harrier and didn't really like the feel

• Praise 1