2017 Volvo XC40

Carbon82

You arre saying china dont have the technology or skill to make good product? or you are saying you wont want a cheaper volvo because it is now china made.

it is all about how much you willing to pay my friend. it is time to wake up and look at the half filled glass.

Actually both. I have seen BMW made in China and merc made in China. The quality of fit is still not up to the mark. Technology is still from Sweden I believe and some parts could have localised in China. I am in manufacturing line supplying to automotive. There is still a gap. Furthermore, paying the same price for a made in China product vs a European product means geely is making more margin I guess. Same for made in Thai and made in Japan camry concept. In the past I owed a Japanese one and when I compared it does made a different. The mindset. U can say they have improved but the gap is still there. Yes you can say how much I willing to pay. I am not going to pay the same price. If u said 30% down maybe.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Heman75, that is my point. End of the day, the gap is due to the amount you willing to pay. At the same price point, probably you will get better product from the one catching up. Once upon a time, nobody wants Japanese product in Singapore when policeman is still in shorts. [:p]

Tiguan as well?

May be considered but Tiguan seems to be slightly bigger in size compared to the crossover range we’ve mentioned. Moving forward next year, price should be quite the same for these cars.

Hi,

Has anybody bought the XC40 yet?  What is the pricing for the T5 variant?

I am looking at getting the T5 variant of either a V40, XC40 or S60, so would greatly appreciate your feedback/views on these models.  The S60 T5 with polestar upgrade is now advertising for $150K, so the pricing seems quite reasonable.

Thanks!

• Praise 5

Supercharged

Hi,

Has anybody bought the XC40 yet? What is the pricing for the T5 variant?

I am looking at getting the T5 variant of either a V40, XC40 or S60, so would greatly appreciate your feedback/views on these models. The S60 T5 with polestar upgrade is now advertising for $150K, so the pricing seems quite reasonable.

Thanks!

no price yet for the XC40.

very diff models, so go sit, test drive and u'll find which u'll prefer.

• Praise 2

Hi Eyke,

I'm happy with both the V40 or S60, but haven't tried the XC40 (it looks good though) nor the V40 T5 variant (they only have the T4).

One of my concerns is whether I should look at buying the S60 when a replacement is slated for 2018/2019, but I guess this is the reason for the current price promotion.  By the way, the $150K price seems okay, but should I be looking out for anything in particular (eg. is there some sort of catch to the price, what freebies should I negotiate for, etc...)

Also, whether I should just get a V40 T4 and tune it up, or to just go for a T5.  And presumably, a replacement for the V40 should be coming up pretty soon as well...

Sorry for all the questions!  [:p]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Hi Eyke,

I'm happy with both the V40 or S60, but haven't tried the XC40 (it looks good though) nor the V40 T5 variant (they only have the T4).

One of my concerns is whether I should look at buying the S60 when a replacement is slated for 2018/2019, but I guess this is the reason for the current price promotion.  By the way, the $150K price seems okay, but should I be looking out for anything in particular (eg. is there some sort of catch to the price, what freebies should I negotiate for, etc...)

Also, whether I should just get a V40 T4 and tune it up, or to just go for a T5.  And presumably, a replacement for the V40 should be coming up pretty soon as well...

Sorry for all the questions!  [:p]

u'll have to talk to the sales to check for catches (have to take loan for how long etc.).

freebies i'll ask for Volvo options/accessories and reject any cheap non-Volvo local stuff eg. car mats, low grade solar film.

T4 is 1.6L, however u (legally) tune oso can't touch 2.0L of T5, so definitely go for T5.

V40 [CC] just had their facelift so new model should be at least 2 or 3 yrs away.

new S60 model should arrive first.

Edited by Eyke

Advertized for $150k before nego for a S60 T5 with P* is a very attractive price IMO. However, guess this is so because it is EOL soon.

Hi,

Has anybody bought the XC40 yet?  What is the pricing for the T5 variant?

I am looking at getting the T5 variant of either a V40, XC40 or S60, so would greatly appreciate your feedback/views on these models.  The S60 T5 with polestar upgrade is now advertising for $150K, so the pricing seems quite reasonable.

Thanks!

• Praise 3

Yup, same view that the S60 will be replaced first in 2018/2019 then the V40 some time later...

hmmm... thought the new V40 T4s are 2.0 as well?

Agree that $150K seems quite attractive especially when I see some 2-3 year old S60 T5 (w/o polestar) asking for $120-130K...

No idea if it is against the rules, but is anybody allowed to share what the best deals are that they have managed to nego with the dealer for these 3 models?  Better for us newbies to go into these negos with some knowledge!

↡ Advertisement