2017 Volvo XC40

Carbon82

Why is it so?

buying a car is akin to dating a woman..

if she beautiful n smart and athletic .. definitely like a porsche [gorgeous]

if she is like a lethargic n lazy .. definitely a T2  :a-fun:

[:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

to the anonymous dislike, and comments that  it makes no sense for a heavy car like the XC40 to be equipe with a puny T2 engine.  I have to agreed with you.

But the way the market and profile of people buying volvo has indeed change to cater to those who wants an entry level to a volvo and would want to feel safe in a bare version volvo.

Volvo of yesteryear boxy but safe look Use to be attracted by the stereotype doctors, Lawyer and architect who are risk adverse.

Edited by Sdf4786k

I have this colleague swears by Volvo brand as it is such a "reliable car" quote unquote from him. I sat on it once and the ride feels very solid and stable.

• Praise 1

Yes, all Volvos are very well built, always feel solid and have arguably the best ergonomic seats around

So naturally Volvos attract a certain kind of buyers whose overiding priorities are in safety and build 

I have this colleague swears by Volvo brand as it is such a "reliable car" quote unquote from him. I sat on it once and the ride feels very solid and stable.

• Praise 4

indeed very true , i agree with you 

Yes, all Volvos are very well built, always feel solid and have arguably the best ergonomic seats around

So naturally Volvos attract a certain kind of buyers whose overiding priorities are in safety and build 

• Praise 2

thanks for letting me know!

based on the feedback all of you have given, it would suggest that wearnes is not as upfront as we would like in how they market/price their cars!

can the 2.0L T4 engine can be tuned closer to a T5 spec?  or is it just better to pay for a T5 upfront?

i am not interested in taking the loan, so i guess i would need to negotiate really hard with wearnes for a good price if i really intend to get a car from them...

thanks!

Bro, You can try to get a good price, last time my friend tried very hard for a T4,the management very sticky ( LengKee branch closing down for A&A i think ), in the end, we walk away...

• Praise 1

T5 190K

T5 R-Design 205K

R u sure it's going to be launched at Motorshow cos a friend who registered in Volvo website has yet to be contacted and Motorshow is tmr already.

• Praise 3

Supercharged

R u sure it's going to be launched at Motorshow cos a friend who registered in Volvo website has yet to be contacted and Motorshow is tmr already.

i got Volvo SE
  • Praise 1

if it arrives with engine like the T2, then its better competitor would be the suzuki and the korean

jap and kor brand are not within the same class.

just like you can't compare mini cooper and Suzuki swift.

Wow, won't it be better to get the GLA, X1 or Q2 instead?

GLA250 (FL in 2017) est. $180k

211bhp 350Nm

0-100 in 7.2s

7 speed dual clutch

FWD

X1 sDrive20i (2nd gen 2015) est. $174k

192bhp 280Nm

0-100 in 7.7s

8 speed torque converter

FWD

Q3 2.0 TFSI (FL in 2016) est. $180k

180bhp 320Nm

0-100 in 7.6s

7 speed dual clutch

AWD

XC40 T5 Momentum (2018) est. $170k

250bhp 350Nm

0-100 in 6.4s

8 speed torque converter

AWD

Longest wheelbase

City Safety

Biggest in it's segment

Just sharing my 2 cents worth of comparison.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4