Is there anything from your first car

Ody_2004

Turbocharged

That you retain till your current ride?

For me is a rear view mirror “See Wing” from my first car till now. That was in 1991 on a Toyota Starlet till now on Skoda Superb.. it been on more than 10 cars since.. it help me see blind spot and save me countless time.. so insecure without it..

The other thing not on first car but fourth car is my number plate.. from 1996 Civic SiR till now.. it is a 1981 ER plate..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Turbocharged

My Wife made a string of metal beads which spells my name and this has been on the rear view mirror till now since 1995 (I used to drive a renewed COE 1979 Classic Suzuki Jeep)

At the same time, I have always have a Baby Spiderman and it was changed to a baby spider shaking the butt and then till now.....Spidey has upgraded with a Lambo (see my picture). Considered keeping from first car till now cos Spidey is always there

post-189387-0-30466600-1560220688.jpg

• Praise 5

my Japanese amulet (good friend gave to me), a skeleton plush which I got from esso many years back and a bell. I also retain a convex mirror which I stick onto my side mirror but it got lost last week.

Other things from my 1st ride which are not in my current ride are the original hood, original air box,light weight crank pulley, manual gear stick assy. [:p]

(edited)

I still use the same trusty Broadway wide-angle rear view mirror which I've used since my first ride in 2002. I also recycle the same mirror visor organiser, which I use to hold coupons, pens, essential copies of documentation, cash and petrol cards etc. The flexi-rubber straps have worn out a few times so I got it mended by a seamstress and am using velcro now.

The other thing of sentimental value that I've always had in my all my cars is a 50 year old St Christopher medallion. My dad started using it since the late 1960's in his rides, and when he stopped owning a car in 2002, it was passed to me for my first car till now.

Edited by Ronkovic
  • Praise 4

My wife. [cool]

We brought the first car together 32 yrs ago and changes so many cars, but she still beside me... [drivingcar]

:grin:

That’s what a fren of mine did...can’t change wife so change xiao san frequently still cheaper that way.

• Praise 1

Broadway rear view mirror

Sun visor organiser

Paper maps of JB + Malaysia from 2002.

Fire extinguisher

Tyre seal and inflator

Not on current car but in storage:

Street directory from 2002

E-stab

Vacuum thing that supposed to suck more air to the engine

Horns

Breakdown triangle

Various hp holders

• Praise 8

Turbocharged

My wife. [cool]

Haha. You beat me to it. 

My jump start cables . Had it in the boot for more than 20 years . 

• Praise 7

My wife. [cool]

We brought the first car together 32 yrs ago and changes so many cars, but she still beside me when I drives... [drivingcar]

:grin:

Aiyah, I am slow to the thread, and my standard answer taken... :slow:  :grin:

OK, for non-material aspect, it would be Care, Responsibility & Situation Awareness for me. I am proud to declare that in my years of driving (accumulated mileage of ~700,000 Km), I have a clean driving record, and involved in only 1 minor accident (my fault). [sunny]

Oh yah, I just remembered that I have a set of screw driver in my boot, which I put in when I bought my 1st car almost 20 years back and it has since follow me till the current ride. Useful for changing battery and some simple DIY.

• Praise 6

not using it from my first car  , but the car jack is from the first car and there after the following are First aid box from the 3rd car and Bottle opener.

• Praise 1

I took out the car decals and the car logo from steering wheel those days no air bags

↡ Advertisement