Self drive to khao kho, khao yai

Kurty

Supercharged

I used in Thailand. Hua Hin, Phuket and BKK. No issue.

good to hear then, now only left the itinerary planning, accommodation and car rental. 

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

wow... a very instagramable place :D

best time to go during nov to jan, those popular hotels, need to pre book at least a year ago..

Hypersonic

best time to go during nov to jan, those popular hotels, need to pre book at least a year ago..

Wow, so even I decide on Oct to go during Nov will not get a room.

Supercharged

Wow, so even I decide on Oct to go during Nov will not get a room.

can get, but not those popular ones.

until now, we have yet to book any rooms.

itinerary planned but clueless on the arrangement of the hotels and the location

Twincharged

From Bangkok to Phitsanulok you will first hit Ayutthaya then Khao Yai then Khao Kho and finally Phitsanulok.

Road condition is very good.

There are plenty of hotels at these places so not to worry if you wanna book in October but its always prudent to book early to get better deals and more variety of hotels and rooms.

I have been to Ayutthaya and Khao Ya many times however eat time is to go eat and come back the same day especially for Ayutthaya, I did not go visit historical site nor temples (no interest la) so I'm sorry cannot help on this. Khao Yao has many resorts and year end the temperature is very cool so a good time to go.

Khao Kho never been.

Thai drivers I find are very patient and also courteous always give way especially when you wanna turn and change lanes they will stop for you unlike may bad Singapore drivers so I advise, give way to, return some kindness. Please buy comprehensive local insurance while driving overseas, the rental can help you. Driving in Thailand you don't have to worry about toilets because all petrol station toilets are pretty clean and mostly has a 7Eleven.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Thai drivers I find are very patient and also courteous always give way especially when you wanna turn and change lanes they will stop for you unlike may bad Singapore drivers so I advise, give way to, return some kindness. Please buy comprehensive local insurance while driving overseas, the rental can help you. Driving in Thailand you don't have to worry about toilets because all petrol station toilets are pretty clean and mostly has a 7Eleven.

can u share how to buy comprehensive local insurance? I am only aware of local 3rd pty insurance, sold at the sadao border (and maybe other land crossings)

Supercharged

From Bangkok to Phitsanulok you will first hit Ayutthaya then Khao Yai then Khao Kho and finally Phitsanulok.

Road condition is very good.

There are plenty of hotels at these places so not to worry if you wanna book in October but its always prudent to book early to get better deals and more variety of hotels and rooms.

I have been to Ayutthaya and Khao Ya many times however eat time is to go eat and come back the same day especially for Ayutthaya, I did not go visit historical site nor temples (no interest la) so I'm sorry cannot help on this. Khao Yao has many resorts and year end the temperature is very cool so a good time to go.

Khao Kho never been.

thank you.

is Lopburi same with Ayutthaya?

can u share how to buy comprehensive local insurance? I am only aware of local 3rd pty insurance, sold at the sadao border (and maybe other land crossings)

I also want to know, but my understanding is that comprehensive local insurance refers to only locally rental cars

NOT our so call temporary "imported" cars

Supercharged

does anyone has any good recommendation for car rental in bangkok?

i was quoted $300-$350 for 8 days rental,

around 1.2 ride, full insurance with excess coverage..

but apart, i will require to place a deposit of USD$500-10000..

is this normal, i spoke to their customer service, saying its a norm in thailand and most rental companies..

seriously? even with full insurance and excess protection..

why still need to charge this deposit?

ok, i'm excited.

manage to get a toyata yaris for 8 days drive, with full protection with thrifty.

paid around SGD310 for all. 🙂 

• Praise 1

47 minutes ago, Kurty said:

ok, i'm excited.

manage to get a toyata yaris for 8 days drive, with full protection with thrifty.

paid around SGD310 for all. 🙂 

did u pay the deposit in the end?

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

did u pay the deposit in the end?

yeah.. 10k baht under the credit card, was told that its a norm.

anyone need the itinerary of this 2 location? let me know 

On 11/18/2019 at 1:36 PM, Kurty said:

yeah.. 10k baht under the credit card, was told that its a norm.

anyone need the itinerary of this 2 location? let me know 

Clearing more then 1 month leaves and offdays, nowhere to yolo, planned to road trip up Khao Yai and Khao Kho which I skipped last Jan when I hit Phitsanulok/Ayutthaya. Leaving this Saturday morning, can share some of your experiences?

Any law against flying drones in Thailand? Kum sia :}

Edited by KaKiLang
  • Praise 2

On 12/9/2019 at 10:38 PM, KaKiLang said:

Clearing more then 1 month leaves and offdays, nowhere to yolo, planned to road trip up Khao Yai and Khao Kho which I skipped last Jan when I hit Phitsanulok/Ayutthaya. Leaving this Saturday morning, can share some of your experiences?

my apology,

i'm only heading this Saturday, 21st..

kinda nervous actually.. 

• Praise 1

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:38 PM, KaKiLang said:

general laws regarding drones

https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws-in-thailand/

https://thaiembdc.org/registration-needed-for-drones-brought-on-holiday-to-thailand/

also, it's completed restricted in some areas. I saw signs up on Doi Inthanon that use of drones was banned. Perhaps due to the strong winds up there.

hv a good trip.

• Praise 1

20 hours ago, Kurty said:

my apology,

i'm only heading this Saturday, 21st..

kinda nervous actually.. 

I already crossed border getting my lights, radio headset wirings and a torned front bumper fixed due to parking head in with my car too lowered.

Been pouring since day one i took off, intermittent here in Sadao.

IMG_20191217_092229.jpg

Edited by KaKiLang

19 hours ago, JohnSHL said:

general laws regarding drones

https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws-in-thailand/

https://thaiembdc.org/registration-needed-for-drones-brought-on-holiday-to-thailand/

also, it's completed restricted in some areas. I saw signs up on Doi Inthanon that use of drones was banned. Perhaps due to the strong winds up there.

hv a good trip.

Noted and kum sia, anyway bought my DJI along.

↡ Advertisement