Self drive to khao kho, khao yai

Kurty

1 hour ago, KaKiLang said:

Another.100+km to Chumpon, Ranong stretch was very challenging, plenty of fast sweeping bends and armies roadblocks are random.

drive safe.

can check out this local pad thai stall at Chumpon night mkt. Always crowded. Can choose topping - either char siew, braised pork or prawns. Many people buy takeaway.

chumpon.thumb.jpeg.8a9dc3d922721352fc2862d5dd9e3210.jpeg

54755094_chumpon(2).thumb.jpeg.74d2475ecaaa6bfc53c27c8c34544749.jpeg

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, JohnSHL said:

drive safe.

can check out this local pad thai stall at Chumpon night mkt. Always crowded. Can choose topping - either char siew, braised pork or prawns. Many people buy takeaway.

chumpon.thumb.jpeg.8a9dc3d922721352fc2862d5dd9e3210.jpeg

54755094_chumpon(2).thumb.jpeg.74d2475ecaaa6bfc53c27c8c34544749.jpeg

Already place my order in PTT station KFC.

PANO_20191221_191542.jpg

• Haha! 2

Here's mine.

Auto upgrade from yaris to vio.. took the car around 10am after touch down.

SQ food certainly had improved a lot.

Traffic is bad once stepped out from airport, paid 70+30 baht for toll. Cruising at 90km. Thai drivers are nice, they will just overtake you without high beams or tailgating. Roads condition are good, much better than Malaysia in fact.

First stop, Went to this sunflower farm, kinda over rated but good for photo taking. Only cost 20 baht per pax.

Screenshot_20191221_192135_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

IMG_20191221_143819.jpg

Edited by Kurty
  • Praise 1

Petrol for 91 is around 26 baht per L.

MacD are nice, price around the same as SG but portion are much bigger.

Next stop, monkey temple. Another disappointment as the place is pretty run down, smell and badly littered.. monkeys are everywhere.. and they are not human shy, they will just come upon your body and snatch for any edible stuff..

Only spent 15 mins at the temple and continue to head to our first night, B2 nakhonsawon. Kinda like a chinatown, Nearby a shopping mall call v square.. no chance to shop as it's turning dark and hungry for some nice Thai food.

Found this wonderful restaurant, just opposite `sashimi lover`.

The pork was so tender, never tasted such tenderness before.. claypot steamboat Thai style. Cost 350 baht for 3 dishes, 2 rice and coke..

No wonder everyone love thailand

IMG_20191221_165157.jpg

IMG_20191221_195705.jpg

Edited by Kurty
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Kurty said:

Next stop, monkey temple. Another disappointment as the place is pretty run down, smell and badly littered.. monkeys are everywhere.. and they are not human shy, they will just come upon your body and snatch for any edible stuff..

Only spent 15 mins at the temple and continue to head to our first night, B2 nakhonsawon. Kinda like a chinatown, Nearby a shopping mall call v square.. no chance to shop as it's turning dark and hungry for some nice Thai food.

The pork was so tender, never tasted such tenderness before.. claypot steamboat Thai style. Cost 350 baht for 3 dishes, 2 rice and coke..

No wonder everyone love thailand

IMG_20191221_165157.jpg

IMG_20191221_195705.jpg

Stayed at B2 Chiang Rai, nice clean hotel.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Kurty said:

I think the price difference for 91 and 95 is minimal, esp after conversion to SGD.

MCD - some branches can add bacon strips to burgers [:p]

Nakhon Sawan - I've stayed at B2 Premier. Lobby for check in is at 2nd floor. Ground floor is all carpark. it's just a few min walk from Sashimi lover and fairyland plaza. Pls share pic of the pork steamboat shop signboard or shop name if you have it :wub: Will go check it out too. Last time I was there, I walked to BurgerLab for dinner. Abt 10min walk but cooling at night.

Have they put up the CNY decorations in Nakhon Sawan? there's a street where they hang lots of lanterns and also light up the Dechatiwong bridge.

9 hours ago, JohnSHL said:

I think the price difference for 91 and 95 is minimal, esp after conversion to SGD.

MCD - some branches can add bacon strips to burgers [:p]

Nakhon Sawan - I've stayed at B2 Premier. Lobby for check in is at 2nd floor. Ground floor is all carpark. it's just a few min walk from Sashimi lover and fairyland plaza. Pls share pic of the pork steamboat shop signboard or shop name if you have it :wub: Will go check it out too. Last time I was there, I walked to BurgerLab for dinner. Abt 10min walk but cooling at night.

Have they put up the CNY decorations in Nakhon Sawan? there's a street where they hang lots of lanterns and also light up the Dechatiwong bridge.

Yeah,

B2 is nice and decent, room is clean and spacious for us. Only $22 for the night.

Amazing, you can still recall fairyland plaza, good memory you got there.

cny deco are up and here you go, the picture of the wonder claypot steamboat. I called it the 4G restaurant, operating from 1600 to 2200. Just remember, it's opposite sashimi lover.

IMG-20191222-WA0000.jpg

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Kurty said:

Yeah,

B2 is nice and decent, room is clean and spacious for us. Only $22 for the night.

Amazing, you can still recall fairyland plaza, good memory you got there.

cny deco are up and here you go, the picture of the wonder claypot steamboat. I called it the 4G restaurant, operating from 1600 to 2200. Just remember, it's opposite sashimi lover.

IMG-20191222-WA0000.jpg

Share more pic leh.

Hit the road early in the morning, road conditions are poor and rough as we hit to phitsanulok and khao kho.

It's hot in the day while chilling at night. Food cost slightly higher and night activities are minimum..

Screenshot_20191222_202643.jpg

IMG_20191222_173614.jpg

IMG_20191222_121329.jpg

Khao kho is steep and only dual lane.

The vios had a hard time going up, it's like going to genting.

Mu kratha are common in khao kho, strongly recommend to download the photo translator. It simply convert the Thai menu to something we are familiar of.

Drive safe as we saw an accident while heading to the wind turbines attraction.

IMG-20191222-WA0196.jpg

IMG_20191222_153554.jpg

Edited by Kurty
  • Praise 3

2 hours ago, Kurty said:

Drive safe as we saw an accident while heading to the wind turbines attraction

https://www.todayonline.com/world/16-singaporean-tourists-injured-thailand-road-accident

SING BURI (Thailand) — Sixteen Singaporeans were injured in an accident in Thailand’s Sing Buri province on Friday (Dec 20) night after their tour bus skidded off the road, Thai media reported.

All injured passengers were taken to a provincial hospital by rescue workers, local broadcaster Thai PBS reported.

Local police were quoted saying that the tourists had been on a tour visiting a local church and a market in the Bang Rachan district of central Thailand prior to the accident. 

While on their way back to their hotel, the bus driver attempted to avoid a collision with a vehicle travelling in the opposite direction, the police added.

However, the bus driver lost control of the bus, which tipped over onto its side after ploughing into bushes on the roadside.

When contacted, Singapore's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) said it was aware of accident and the Singapore embassy in Bangkok has been in touch with members of the group as well as the local hospital to render assistance. 

It is understood that the injured Singaporeans have all since been discharged. MFA's spokesperson said the embassy has maintained contact with the Singaporeans and will provide the necessary assistance to facilitate their return to Singapore.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2