Confinement nanny almost kills baby!

Kopites

Supersonic
(edited)

My adopted baby son is fed exclusively with formula milk, for obvious reason.

What we've learned is that if the nipple teat hole is too small and not milk flowing out, he will cry.

When he's fed enough, he will push the bottle away.

How to force feed a baby, I'm not sure, unless you use brute strength ?

I'm not supporting the confinement nanny, but some might just cut the hole, if not enough milk is flowing.

For me, I just buy one with a bigger hole.

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

glad to see the baby is healthy and happy now.

Those who are new parents or to be, in addition to hiring a confinement lady or having a maid, it will be good to have a grandparents to help, dont turn down your own parents or in law'soffer just because of generation gap and ideal differences, they are the most trusted helpers in the world. One should count himself fortunate and blessed to have his/her parents or in law to help.

true.. but usually part of the reason is to prevent WW3 as Lala81 mentioned.. 

What we've learned is that if the nipple teat hole is too small and not milk flowing out, he will cry.

I'm not supporting the confinement nanny, but some might just cut the hole, if not enough milk is flowing.

how old was your adopted baby son then? had no problems with first stage teats and first stage formula.. 

usually new born won't push the bottle away

No. 1 rule of hiring confinement nanny, don't get someone who's getting on in age.

The one who did for my boy in 2015 was OK. Was very highly recommended by my maternal side cousin. Then subsequently became a bad one. Was asked to leave early by my friend and also my parental side cousin.

They can't deal with the fatigue and start doing all kinds of shortcuts or taking the parents for a ride.

This cutting teat confinement nanny is terribly negligent. Best is dunno but still insist she knows.

In this day and age, just get the catered confinement food at most. Better off hiring a helper earlier if u can afford one.

i think the market now to hire a helper is cheaper than hiring a confinement nanny if you look into per month rates..

however not every domestic helper may have experience of handling new borns.. hence people often still turn to confinement nanny..

what if your domestic helper is like the one in below link?

http://theindependent.sg/foreign-domestic-worker-abandons-crying-toddler-at-employers-home/

Confinement nannies know got different sized teats one lah. lol.

Mine told me to change teat after the 2nd or 3rd week.

Usually quite typical is they start sucking a lot of air or very noisy sucking.

And the holes are really small. It's just 1 hole vs 2 vs 3 vs 4 tiny ones. There is zero way u can CUT it to make it up 1 grade. In fact u will move all the way from grade 1 to grade 4.

I know cos my son when he's older tended to bite open a tiny hole in his teats. The flow is a lot more even if u are using the maximum grade teat.

(edited)

true.. but usually part of the reason is to prevent WW3 as Lala81 mentioned..

Understand, in some cases just does not work out, but as much as possible, think win-win, embrace, accomodate, usually the benefits outweigh many other challenges. Edited by Ct3833

Supercharged

Understand, in some cases just does not work out, but as much as possible, think win-win, embrace, accomodate, usually the benefits outweigh many other challenges.

To ask a woman be rationale may already be quite a challenge for some. Moreover after giving birth!!
  • Praise 2

(edited)

I employed 3 different confinement nannies in 9 years. Never really had any problems with them.

As long end of the day, the mother was well rested, well fed and happy. The child was well taken care of and happy too. These are the most important of all. But mayb we are the chin cai type of family, so ppl come to us also tend to be chin cai ppl. 

Employing confinement nannies are no different from employing maids, they are human beings and we cannot expect to throw everything at them. I always believe in I take care of you so you will take care of ppl ard me. 

We had bed for the nannies, and made sure they were comfortable resting in that bed, they were all allowed to take afternoon naps when the baby sleeps with the mother. This is because the nannies have to wake up in the middle of the night to take care of the baby while the parents sleep, so we have to make sure she has enough rest in the day so she can do her job at night. 

They ate whatever the mother ate, or whatever they want to eat I bought for them. Although usually they will ask if i want to eat this or that, and can cook for me. I just buy the raw stuffs and get them to prepare. 

Nanny only do washing via washing machine, sweep and mop the floor, other house cleaning I do, and I do the ironing myself. 

Her job is to take care of the baby and the mother full time. 

The ang bao upon arrival play an important part too, at least to me played a part in how the nannies will behave. 

To me the most important thing is for the nannies to take good care of the mother and child in that 28 days, anything else take 2nd place.   ^_^  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

the one i hired. The reason i recommended to my friend, was that she was saying how long it took for my son to drink milk. 

But she still lie in her bed and continued to feed. She said one of the slowest drinking babies she ever met.

When she left, we tried feeding my son from bottle. Took him 2 hrs to finish 45ml.  -_-

Arm literally cramp holding the bottle. That's a 4 week old baby liao.

Bo pian cos the breast milk wasn't enough also.

And she did this every night throughout. And she managed to feed 90mls during that time which is amaaaazing (without cutting teats haha)

but 2 years down the line, kana sacked haha

my confinement nanny wasn't atrocious but it does make me feel like they are in it for the money without caring on their own service delivery that is consummate with the fees paid.

hence when i read this report of the derelict confinement nanny, i can immediately identify with such a feeling and perception.

my confinement nanny wasn't atrocious but it does make me feel like they are in it for the money without caring on their own service delivery that is consummate with the fees paid.

hence when i read this report of the derelict confinement nanny, i can immediately identify with such a feeling and perception.

Like i said my cousin had a very good relationship with the one i hired.

She was even invited to and attended the birthday celebrations.

Nowadays got confinement nanny agency, so i guess there will be some pressure there. If these agencies adopt a feedback mechanism thing.

Supercharged

Like i said my cousin had a very good relationship with the one i hired.

She was even invited to and attended the birthday celebrations.

Nowadays got confinement nanny agency, so i guess there will be some pressure there. If these agencies adopt a feedback mechanism thing.

how long ago did your cousin hired?

last time i hear less complaints but these days almost all i heard of are complaint cases.

but to be fair, could be also the hirer expectations have gone up these days. hehe

my only wish is that people discharge their duties professionally.  as the chinese idiom, 拿人钱财,予人消灾

how long ago did your cousin hired?

last time i hear less complaints but these days almost all i heard of are complaint cases.

but to be fair, could be also the hirer expectations have gone up these days. hehe

my only wish is that people discharge their duties professionally.  as the chinese idiom, 拿人钱财,予人消灾

Lol the boy is now p5. 

My own son is 4 years old.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Lol the boy is now p5. 

My own son is 4 years old.

haha ok, considered case quite some time ago to me haha.....

my brother had a reasonably good one also..........his kid p3 and p1....we actually tried to hire this one when my youngest boy but the timing just couldn't match with hers.

then thereafter, directly experiencing or hearings accounts of the one hired for my youngest boy, my cousin and another friend....just gave me very bad impression of their attitude and skills for the job.

Twincharged

me and wife didn't engage any nanny for my boy.

food wise we engaged Thomson medical catering.

my wife and mom took turn to look after the baby. There were some occasions of disagreements between mum and wife on how to care for the baby. my wife modern English speaking while my mum old traditional practices. Can imagine my mum anguish when wife came home from hospital straight head for shower and hair wash. 2nd day already walking around the house (probably due to her physic as she was a seasond half marathon runner) after One week she and my boy already out to the shopping mall. ð

My wife better still, showered and washed hair as soon as she could get off the hospital bed.

No confinement lady for us. For sure will have confrontation, our logic is why bother to pay someone to tell you what you can and cannot do. Baffles me..... hahah

Turbocharged

Our first kid has confinement nanny. But even with the nanny, we try to feed the baby as much as we could. The nanny is to prepare meals, bath the kid, change diaper, etc. Feeding do yourself lah.

Second kid, just order confinement food.

↡ Advertisement