New Bicentennial commemorative $20 notes

Will_I_Am

My Dad asked me to change for him but it seems to be sold out everywhere.

Don't ask me to get from Carousell. Disgusting mark up.

RadX must have bought alot. No need to Q.  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Some banks still have so no need buy from Carousell.

Even if really all issued, don’t see the need to buy from scalpers as these notes won’t appreciate much in later years. It’s more for collection. I have lots of commemorative coins from the 80s n 90s n they get tarnished over time. Feel like it was money wasted.

• Praise 8

Twincharged

I still rem the time the new current $1 coins came out …

I went to the hawker centre and got two of the $1 coins as change for my meal … then I went to buy TOTO with the coins.

the TOTO lady even confirm with me if I really want to use the new coins ??!!

I just told her "one week later, these coins will be everywhere."

money is money and is meant to be earned and spent.

not kept in a stupid album.

• Praise 1

The old $20 notes maybe next time worth more, cos it's not v common by now.

The old $25 notes confirmed worth more, as it's even more rare... I should have kept them those years ago when i came across them  [laugh]

(edited)

The old $25 notes confirmed worth more, as it's even more rare... I should have kept them those years ago when i came across them  [laugh]

i have... but the appreciation is like 25 for 30ish 

its those defect notes.. or special serial numbers that are worth a whole lot more...  

commemorative notes or coins are USELESS since the volume they print/make is so high... that people buy to keep...

if supply is high ... then how to speculate? IF sgp cease to exist.... thats a different story ... 

Edited by SuPerBoRed

i have... but the appreciation is like 25 for 30ish 

its those defect notes.. or special serial numbers that are worth a whole lot more...  

commemorative notes or coins are USELESS since the volume they print/make is so high... that people buy to keep...

if supply is high ... then how to speculate? IF sgp cease to exist.... thats a different story ... 

Waiting for Singapore to have something like 

https://www.ccn.com/an-embarrassing-typo-on-400-million-50-australian-currency-notes-went-unnoticed-for-six-months

to happen here... Then will have chance: MAS sure desperate to replace them, then if can get some of them, will be good...  [laugh]

Waiting for Singapore to have something like 

https://www.ccn.com/an-embarrassing-typo-on-400-million-50-australian-currency-notes-went-unnoticed-for-six-months

to happen here... Then will have chance: MAS sure desperate to replace them, then if can get some of them, will be good...  [laugh]

meah... u dont understand la bro...  high volume mistakes are worth nothing... since so common... 

i came across serial numbers that are all same digits... even a couple where the print is tilted abit 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

The old $25 notes confirmed worth more, as it's even more rare... I should have kept them those years ago when i came across them [laugh]

Beauty in the eyes of the beholder.

meah... u dont understand la bro...  high volume mistakes are worth nothing... since so common... 

i came across serial numbers that are all same digits... even a couple where the print is tilted abit 

But SG si bey want face, will sure try to keep all/any wrong ones quickly mah, and they will straightaway become not common anymore.

You actually look through all your $$ notes to check out their numbers and the printing??  [shocked]

You the man!  [bounce1]

• Praise 1

How much can old 50 cents appreciate ah?

lion fish 50 cents only 1975 got higher demand

the rest can go Candy Shop buy Lollipop 

PS. must be uncirculated   [thumbsup]

(edited)

this one won't appreciate much, those uncut one worth more.

Uncut ones are sold at a premium already! How much can you earn? [rolleyes]

Edited by Fitvip
↡ Advertisement