New Bicentennial commemorative $20 notes

Will_I_Am

SG50 already had a few sets (sorta forced by my parents and sister to buy) even though i wasn't keen.

Cos my son is also a SG50 kid...

I find it's not much point. 

This bicentennial thing is really can't be bothered.

↡ Advertisement

But SG si bey want face, will sure try to keep all/any wrong ones quickly mah, and they will straightaway become not common anymore.

You actually look through all your $$ notes to check out their numbers and the printing??  [shocked]

You the man!  [bounce1]

Lol.. i learn my stuff at those flea market currency vendors...  

Cos my son is also a SG50 kid...

OT: SG50 got national day or not?

My son SG40 on national day. Pizza hut gave 40 pan pizzas so it was better than any (potential/minimal if any) appreciation of these commemorative notes  [laugh]

• Praise 1

OT: SG50 got national day or not?

My son SG40 on national day. Pizza hut gave 40 pan pizzas so it was better than any (potential/minimal if any) appreciation of these commemorative notes  [laugh]

1st Jan 2015. But 8pm lah.

One of the first to get the SG50 package lol  [laugh]

• Praise 1

1st Jan 2015. But 8pm lah.

One of the first to get the SG50 package lol  [laugh]

Wah 1st Jan sure got lots of freebies right?

Mine was just as all the NDP performances were finishing. And what coincidence, it's so close, my son came out at 7.55 pm. The gynae was joking with the nurses in the delivery suite and looking at the NDP live telecast, saying the baby wanna come out and see NDP in time  :D

Waiting for Singapore to have something like 

https://www.ccn.com/an-embarrassing-typo-on-400-million-50-australian-currency-notes-went-unnoticed-for-six-months

to happen here... Then will have chance: MAS sure desperate to replace them, then if can get some of them, will be good...  [laugh]

The SG50 set has a version that they misspell the name of the nation's first president.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/mas-sorry-for-typo-on-sg50-notes-set-packaging

• Praise 2

aiyah... this one is on the packaging, which they can sticker over...

if it was the notes themselves, then sure jialat...

thats true...even the first polymer SG25 fifty dollars also not much demand :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Turbocharged

lion fish 50 cents only 1975 got higher demand

the rest can go Candy Shop buy Lollipop

PS. must be uncirculated [thumbsup]

Talking about old coins brought sad memories... A small chest of $1 lion coins given me as gift by my late grandad was stolen when my previous house was broken into.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

When i go pearl centre or Zhen Zhu Fang hawker centre i always see this stall selling old dollar notes. But business like not very good.

Twincharged

When i go pearl centre or Zhen Zhu Fang hawker centre i always see this stall selling old dollar notes. But business like not very good.

Turbocharged

my father spent a lot of money on his stamps and coins collection and used to go through them every night .... but since he fell sick 6 years ago, he has never look at this collection since then.

Must be worth a fortune now..the collection..

To be honest, all these currencies have little value other than its original value. You can keep as collection for sure, but only your future generation will get to reap its benefits. Very much like old paintings. Many good artists still die a poor man, and their paintings appreciate after they are gone. Haha.

• Praise 1

my father spent a lot of money on his stamps and coins collection and used to go through them every night .... but since he fell sick 6 years ago, he has never look at this collection since then.

Stamp n Coin collection like started to die off in the 80’s , gotta keep them for another 50 years and may appreciate as people will all be using e-stamps and electronic form of payments by then and will be sought after, neither do my kids appreciate them too for now
  • Praise 1

I still have ancient Chinese coins and notes from the Straits Settlement from my grandma. The value did not appreciate much but that is not the most important thing to me. The emotional attachment is greater than any value these can fetch. 

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Changed the SG50 notes and now still in my cabinet. I would rather keep old notes. Luckily I got a habit to keep old and nice notes and coins.

Twincharged

Must be worth a fortune now..the collection..

i really hate his collection to the core … so much so like feeling like burning all of it ! caused so much unhappiness in the family.

↡ Advertisement