Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

Hypersonic
(edited)

Displeasure about our ‘(s)elected’ president also LLST.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 4

actually we are blessed in certain extent that we don't see such demonstration in Singapore.

my opinion only. I am more anti pap policy.

• Praise 4

China will never let HK or Taiwan be a sovereign nation on their own. Regardless democratic or communist.

The "best" offer from their "motherland" is selective democracy or freedom of governance.

Personally, i feel HK and Taiwan will do well on their own. But rarely in history will one see countries securing own sovereignty without a drop of blood shed.

In one of those wondering moments, i thought how nice if China is not communist. Then we may have USC. United States of China.

• Praise 3

China will never let HK or Taiwan be a sovereign nation on their own. Regardless democratic or communist.

The "best" offer from their "motherland" is selective democracy or freedom of governance.

Personally, i feel HK and Taiwan will do well on their own. But rarely in history will one see countries securing own sovereignty without a drop of blood shed.

In one of those wondering moments, i thought how nice if China is not communist. Then we may have USC. United States of China.

• Praise 2

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-48572130

didn't want to create a new thread so lump it up here.

BBC article did embedded a video of the scuffle happened at the end March.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-leader-says-extradition-bill-will-not-be-scrapped-11611188

look like the protest no effect

Hong Kong leader says extradition bill will not be scrapped

• Praise 1

actually we are blessed in certain extent that we don't see such demonstration in Singapore.

my opinion only. I am more anti pap policy.

• Praise 1

(edited)

HK is Special Administrative Region of PRC. PRC can do whatever shit they want with it.

Despite claiming Taiwan part of PRC, PRC has never exercise its sovereign rights over Taiwan.

Taiwan sovereign rights belongs to ROC which is the opposing political force of greater China.

Unless PRC is able to exercise its sovereign rights over Taiwan, ppl of Taiwan can do whatever shit that they deem right for them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/International/wireStory/china-vows-military-action-taiwan-sea-claims-opposed-63428250

However and whatever the taiwanese ppl may or want to feel or do, "motherland" is getting more aggressive these days. So personally, Taiwan's days of doing what they deemed right, shit or otherwise are numbered.

Power hungry China is a force to be beckoned.

Though i was taken aback initially at Taiwanese parliament throwing punches at one another. HK triads are getting bolder and complicated. That's history in the making per se. Who knows, real force maybe exerted over these 2 territories in our lifetime.

Safe ride

Cheers

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/International/wireStory/china-vows-military-action-taiwan-sea-claims-opposed-63428250

However and whatever the taiwanese ppl may or want to feel or do, "motherland" is getting more aggressive these days. So personally, Taiwan's days of doing what they deemed right, shit or otherwise are numbered.

Power hungry China is a force to be beckoned.

Though i was taken aback initially at Taiwanese parliament throwing punches at one another. HK triads are getting bolder and complicated. That's history in the making per se. Who knows, real force maybe exerted over these 2 territories in our lifetime.

Safe ride

Cheers

These comments are no surprise if you know what's XJP powerbase is.

Despite all the gungho talk, PRC will not take any action to reclaim Taiwan knowing the economic impact.

All HK triad 坐館 want is $$$.  They will not cause unnecessary conflict.

These comments are no surprise if you know what's XJP powerbase is.

Despite all the gungho talk, PRC will not take any action to reclaim Taiwan knowing the economic impact.

All HK triad å館 want is $$$. They will not cause unnecessary conflict.

There's an invisible line. Both sides know where it is.

As long as not crossed, all's status quo. Try crossing, then force will be exerted. Can take many forms, not necessarily a physical war but economic weapons which may actually be in place liao.

Guess if money is not very important, most countries need not worry at all.

HK triads very much a part of life in HK. If big bro wants a cut from all the $ made, then stir stir they will. Hearsay China triads quite scary, greedy and ruthless one. But tiagong only. Between them, who will get more of the $.

XJP is not the same guy like b4. He's lifetime President. Got time, power and money. Keep to the invisible lines, all's well. Push him and suddenly one's life from white page can become grey or black. He generally goes after the neck that supports the head. Subtle. Deadly though.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

In the 19th century, foreign diplomats questioned why China is still continuing with barbaric practices like chopping off heads. Empress Dowager Cixi had this to say .. â中å人åä½ å西æ´äººä¸ä¸æ¨£ï¼ä¸ç é ­ä¸­åæ¯æäºçãâ This was documented by botn Chinese and foreign diplomats.

I think still got countries that practice punishment by dismemberment death.

There's an invisible line. Both sides know where it is.

As long as not crossed, all's status quo. Try crossing, then force will be exerted. Can take many forms, not necessarily a physical war but economic weapons which may actually be in place liao.

Guess if money is not very important, most countries need not worry at all.

HK triads very much a part of life in HK. If big bro wants a cut from all the $ made, then stir stir they will. Hearsay China triads quite scary, greedy and ruthless one. But tiagong only. Between them, who will get more of the $.

XJP is not the same guy like b4. He's lifetime President. Got time, power and money. Keep to the invisible lines, all's well. Push him and suddenly one's life from white page can become grey or black. He generally goes after the neck that supports the head. Subtle. Deadly though.

ððððð he's a master chess player. China is not the same "backward" country. Dun know why but i feel they are much more advanced in many ways than they let out. Cunning.

I wait to be surprised or shocked then.

Just my tots

Safe ride

Cheers

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-businesses-pledge-closures-as-extradition-anger-builds-11614526

the organiser up the level. another March coming with business shutting down to allow staffs to go for the March.

even our mfa advise Singaporean to stay away from the March...hmm