Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

(edited)

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-businesses-pledge-closures-as-extradition-anger-builds-11614526

the organiser up the level. another March coming with business shutting down to allow staffs to go for the March.

even our mfa advise Singaporean to stay away from the March...hmm

Motherland very busy with own housework so now's a good time to play pranks.

I understand why the HK ppl are so upset about. China is breaking its promise to let HK run its legal system like b4 without intervention. But this new law when passed will be the first intervention iirc. If no strong protests, more interventions will come in.

Like one person sums it up, i paraphrased "may as well wipe HK from the map and call it China".

Iirc, China promised no earth-shaking changes in HK for next 50 years from date of return from British rule. I guess they forgot to tell the HK ppl they rescheduled to an earlier time.

50 years may be put there to pacify the HK ppl and allow them more time to adapt and change mindset. But the ppl desire to be free and independent. Democracy is rearing its head with more urgency and intensity.

Will the extradition laws be scrapped so that peace returns? Or will peace really return and instead gather more steam for a full outright defiant stand against China?

Personally, i have a foreboding. I see Tiananmen and i fear for HK. A few innocent blood will be shed to silence millions, again.

That invisible line cannot be crossed.

Hopefully, events will not erupt further into unnecessary loss of innocent lives. Why can't China just tax HK a yearly tribute and treat it as a vassal type state. Semi-democratic. But China's face very big, very hard to cover.

Haiz

Safe ride

Cheers

Edited by PSP415
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I have a different point of view with regards to this extradition laws which only affect those who commit crimes ....   :a-aggressive:

If one is a law abiding citizen, so what if the police / army wants to extradite some criminal back to main land China to prosecute them.      :wut:

Never heard of countries who extradite a good citizen.    :slow:

Hypersonic

vid, is it true tomorrow no school. businesses shutting down?

Major protest planned for tomorrow. Probably lots of students will miss school just to be there. Many businesses are letting their workers go too.

Expect another showdown with the police.

Anyway, here's a funny one

(edited)

Major protest planned for tomorrow. Probably lots of students will miss school just to be there. Many businesses are letting their workers go too.

You tracking along tomorrow just for the fun ... [sly]

Have the ground feeling.... [cool]

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

(edited)

You cannot trust the communists.

:D

We will bury you is a phrase that was used by Soviet First Secretary Nikita Khrushchev while addressing Western ambassadors at a reception at the Polish embassy in Moscow.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

that what my relatives/ friends told me through whatapps. apparently momentum is gathering with many businesses pull down the shutter.

sigh ...

Hypersonic
(edited)

You tracking along tomorrow just for the fun ... [sly]

Have the ground feeling.... [cool]

Road on Sunday was very quiet. My drive to HK Island was the smoothest I could remember. Maybe I'll drive there again tomorrow since no cars on the road [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Vid
  • Praise 1

Nope....

You must trust your MIL. :yuush:

She's never wrong but you that chose her daughter as your wife .. :XD:

I should have chosen an orphan.

• Praise 1

It's never too late [lipsrsealed]

Yeah get one from Vietnam.

I should have chosen an orphan.

One of my frens got married 3 times.

He said it was my fault.

I asked him how is it my fault?

And he said I told him he should get married more often.

I said no I told him to marry an orphan.

• Praise 3

Road on Sunday was very quiet. My drive to HK Island was the smoothest I could remember. Maybe I'll drive there again tomorrow since no cars on the road [laugh] [laugh]

you didn't drive around admiralty. haha

will the HK gov send in our terrex tomorrow? [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

you didn't drive around admiralty. haha

I had lunch at Admiralty on Sunday [laugh] [laugh]

Lots of police around though