Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

during their first umbrella movement all came unprepared. They were treated with baton, canon water jet, pepper spray, smoke grenade.

I don't think anyone here wishes singapore to be like Hong Kong now. we have empathy and support the hK children does not mean we want such event to happen in Singapore.

I am not referring u but there are some people even commenting on fb that they wish opposition in sg does the same.

I think normally police wont do anything unless the protesters try to barge in the legislative house

Those whom insist that China is ruthless in handling these riots , should go read up what the USA did when faced with such issues ....

https://www.wwno.org/post/katrina-files-arkansas-army-national-guard-and-shoot-kill-order

USA still dare to talk so much about China human rights abuses Lor ....

Normally usa will shoot then declare emergency lol

if government do listen to the people..I mean 1 million on the street such event won't happened.

like what I have said yesterday night this time round not organiser. Mid night 2am plus to 3am plus most protest sites cleared.

10.30 am HK parliament debate will reopen. as if now admiralty station still close though. only allow to board no alighting.

a government that are oblivious to her citizen safety/view.

Turbocharged

a government that are chooses to be oblivious to her citizen safety/view.

correct for u

• Praise 2

(edited)

Those whom insist that China is ruthless in handling these riots , should go read up what the USA did when faced with such issues ....

https://www.wwno.org/post/katrina-files-arkansas-army-national-guard-and-shoot-kill-order

USA still dare to talk so much about China human rights abuses Lor ....

if human right so big and protest got use.

barcelona independent already .

hk had too much freedom for their own good.

try doing the same stuff and see how the police treat u ,

i think hk police already being very nice compare to other place.

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 3

during their first umbrella movement all came unprepared. They were treated with baton, canon water jet, pepper spray, smoke grenade.

I don't think anyone here wishes singapore to be like Hong Kong now. we have empathy and support the hK children does not mean we want such event to happen in Singapore.

They aren't children lah. They are university students or around that age group.

From time immemorial, these are the people most easily stoked up by protest organisers.

Seldom see uncles like us at the frontline  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Can cancel meh? Don't need travel advisory to be issued first?

why cannot cancel? why need travel advisory to be issued first? 

if government do listen to the people..I mean 1 million on the street such event won't happened.

like what I have said yesterday night this time round not organiser. Mid night 2am plus to 3am plus most protest sites cleared.

10.30 am HK parliament debate will reopen. as if now admiralty station still close though. only allow to board no alighting.

a government that are oblivious to her citizen safety/view.

They listen ... to the mainland people  [laugh]

Turbocharged

They aren't children lah. They are university students or around that age group.

From time immemorial, these are the people most easily stoked up by protest organisers.

Seldom see uncles like us at the frontline  [laugh]

from what I read, unlike the brollie this time round not just students but adults, professional bodies and businesses too.

I think without travel advisory, cannot get "free" cancellation or flight change date.

they are just kids.

poor children.

if they know they are kids, they sld not have gotten involved in the first place. 

one has to take responsibilities of ones action, being a kid doesnt give one a passport to "unlawful" action.  

There are  kids in middle east carry weapons, if they start shooting at you, what will be your thoughts? 

Supersonic
(edited)

claim insurance lor...

people with no $ like me will have to consider all this.

Edited by Kusje

from what I read, unlike the brollie this time round not just students but adults, professional bodies and businesses too.

The protest earlier had more adults. The outside LegCo one, from media reports, i thought is mostly youngsters.

Of course, this is media representation from my cursory viewing.

if they know they are kids, they sld not have gotten involved in the first place. 

one has to take responsibilities of ones action, being a kid doesnt give one a passport to "unlawful" action.  

There are  kids in middle east carry weapons, if they start shooting at you, what will be your thoughts? 

aiyah, can understand their frustration.

So many people come out protest, still adminstration don't give two hoots.

What to do ... pah/hoot lor....  [laugh]

Its really funny, if you read the law, its very reasonable and correct.

Why are the people protesting?

Its hilarious, its actually oppo PRC governance in disguise.

What the PRC CCCP needs to do is to satisfy the ethnic belief in able to conduct Justice.

Shan maybe can become foreign talent in China....

Beijing should listen to this and how short their trust level is.

They should name it the Bao Qing Tian Law.

I think without travel advisory, cannot get "free" cancellation or flight change date.

a few years back ( i think was 2 years ago), my daughter was suppose to go to Bali for a school exchange program. 2 weeks before departure, there was a volcano eruption nearby and the situation there became unclear. The airport did not shut down, but many frights were cancelled. 

There was no travel advisory given, and nobody knew was the trip going to be cancelled. 1 week before the trip and there was still no updates, and I told her, "you are not going" and I explained to her the possible situation and how dangerous it could be, and I am not prepared to send her into unknown danger.  She accepted my order, not willingly and not very happy of course. 

I wrote an email to the teacher in change, pull her out and forget about the fee. 

No money can buy the safety of my love ones. I can live with losing some money, but I cannot afford the inconvenience and worrying of her safety if she really goes, not to mentioned the thought of she getting stuck there for months or ending up not coming back. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Come out to protest doesn't mean they are violent. 

Sometimes violence can be from false flags. Who knows who planted the fellows that throw the first bricks?

Could be China, USA or even Singapore?

claim insurance lor...

people with no $ like me will have to consider all this.

so no travel advisory given you will go ahead knowing the danger? 

you dont make decision for your own safety? 

If you cannot forgo that money and need to claim insurance against making a decision on your own safety, you sld not even have bought that ticket in the first place. So dont use no money as an excuse. 

↡ Advertisement