Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

I understand one of the objectives of the protesters is full autonomy over the CE's election. Under a communist umbrella, is that remotely possible? Would the Chinese Politburo allow the appointment of a pro-democracy "loose cannon" to run the HK SAR? I seriously doubt it.

Hong Kong's governors before 1997 were all appointed by UK, and were all uniformly amdk. After 1997, the likes of Tung Chee-hwa, Donald Tsang, Leung Chun-ying and Carrie Lam are appointed as CE, though they are backed by Beijing. Does the populace really prefer unelected amdk to run their region instead of their own people? 

Do Hong Kongers really prefer those brits who invaded China after having their opium supply to the Chinese stopped? [mad]

Or are they looking for full independence, an event which will never be granted? Tibet and Xinjiang have much better case for independence and see what happened to them now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

no such grp lah, anger is brewing in the whole of HK, not shatin residents only, and within shatin residents, there are also pro-protesters and pro police, but as usual only pro-protesters ones will be telecast, pro police ones all deleted.

Pro protesters ones police still have to protect them, pro police ones will be harassed later with all the diu lei lo mo and ham ka chan and whatever from protesters and their emotional neighbors, so better keep quiet lah. 

Ppl who are rule by the head ( ppl like me) , will never understand how a person ruled by the heart can get so emotional affected until they can lose their mind...  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Really?  :a-fun:

Thot you have also got excited over issues before in this forum?  [:p]

what the hell..this CL either come out to solve the mess of shit or continue to hide in her turtle shell.

Visiting the injured police leave it to the PR and chief. Her visit is like adding fuel to fire. Using the police for her own political agenda.

Bad. wicked aunty "I don't betray the police!" is like putting the HKPF onto the prayer table.

this weekend 721 will be big of the anger don't subside. we will be seeing more kongKonger beating up hongkonger.

CL enjoying her champagne!

I may seem to be picking on you, but seriously I am not.

I can understand why you are emotionally very attached to the protesters, and thus being rule by the heart, but bro, I think you are stepping too deep into it, you are almost behaving like one of those rioters, except you not fighting the police physically. 

I am not pro CL and I am cfm anti CCP, but lets face some facts and at least be just to CL.

Now, how and what do you expect CL to do to solve the whole issue? The protesters have 5 requests, namely

1) to abolish the bill.

2) to declare  the 9 June Riot ( or is it the 12 June, I have to go refresh) as  a protest and not a riot.

3) to release all those arrested in the riot.

4) to set up an independent panel to investigate if the police had abused power during the arrest.

5) to have CL step down as CE. 

CL offered to talk, but was rejected. The deal from the protesters is take all or no deal, there is really no room for negotiation. The protesters even threaten more protests and more riots if their condition not met, and more riots did happen. 

CL did declared the bill dead, but was rejected by the protesters. She offer her resignation but was rejected by CCP.  She tried to solve the issue by agreeing to some of these requests, but some things are beyond her. 

She cannot accept point 2 because there was indeed a riot, and the police did their job.  There is no way she can interfere with what the law states, otherwise she is deem to be abusing her power to over ride the law for her own interest. If she did that, she will be charge by the law ministry when she step down. If you were her, would you be stupid  enough to do it? 

If she cannot do point 2, point 3 and 4 are out of discussion because they are linked. 

As the CE, visiting gov officers who are hurt in the course of work is normal. She was doing her part of her job. Which President or PM doesnt visit their gov officers who are injured due to work? Her visit has nothing to do with  any political agenda, her political career is consider over. 

And calling her a bad wicked aunty really make you sound like a little girl, seriously reminds me of snow white or little red riding hood, and I am serious.  -_-

• Praise 2

(edited)

Really?  :a-fun:

Thot you have also got excited over issues before in this forum?  [:p]

KNN, those times I on human mode mah, and most times I speak logic hor, which is rule by the head...

The mind speaks logic, the heart speaks emotion. 

My mind still stronger than my heart... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo

Supercharged

I understand one of the objectives of the protesters is full autonomy over the CE's election. Under a communist umbrella, is that remotely possible? Would the Chinese Politburo allow the appointment of a pro-democracy "loose cannon" to run the HK SAR? I seriously doubt it.

Hong Kong's governors before 1997 were all appointed by UK, and were all uniformly amdk. After 1997, the likes of Tung Chee-hwa, Donald Tsang, Leung Chun-ying and Carrie Lam are appointed as CE, though they are backed by Beijing. Does the populace really prefer unelected amdk to run their region instead of their own people? 

Do Hong Kongers really prefer those brits who invaded China after having their opium supply to the Chinese stopped? [mad]

Or are they looking for full independence, an event which will never be granted? Tibet and Xinjiang have much better case for independence and see what happened to them now.

i think these disgruntled hong kongers are seriously delusional.

they are starting to make a lot of unreasonable demands like as if they are the spoilt brat of the house, demanding their parents to do things to the brat's whim and fancy.  this isn't democracy.  no one will listen to headless motley crew just because they have been vociferous and even violent.

• Praise 5

I may seem to be picking on you, but seriously I am not.

I can understand why you are emotionally very attached to the protesters, and thus being rule by the heart, but bro, I think you are stepping too deep into it, you are almost behaving like one of those rioters, except you not fighting the police physically.

I am not pro CL and I am cfm anti CCP, but lets face some facts and at least be just to CL.

Now, how and what do you expect CL to do to solve the whole issue? The protesters have 5 requests, namely

1) to abolish the bill.

2) to declare the 9 June Riot ( or is it the 12 June, I have to go refresh) as a protest and not a riot.

3) to release all those arrested in the riot.

4) to set up an independent panel to investigate if the police had abused power during the arrest.

5) to have CL step down as CE.

CL offered to talk, but was rejected. The deal from the protesters is take all or no deal, there is really no room for negotiation. The protesters even threaten more protests and more riots if their condition not met, and more riots did happen.

CL did declared the bill dead, but was rejected by the protesters. She offer her resignation but was rejected by CCP. She tried to solve the issue by agreeing to some of these requests, but some things are beyond her.

She cannot accept point 2 because there was indeed a riot, and the police did their job. There is no way she can interfere with what the law states, otherwise she is deem to be abusing her power to over ride the law for her own interest. If she did that, she will be charge by the law ministry when she step down. If you were her, would you be stupid enough to do it?

If she cannot do point 2, point 3 and 4 are out of discussion because they are linked.

As the CE, visiting gov officers who are hurt in the course of work is normal. She was doing her part of her job. Which President or PM doesnt visit their gov officers who are injured due to work? Her visit has nothing to do with any political agenda, her political career is consider over.

And calling her a bad wicked aunty really make you sound like a little girl, seriously reminds me of snow white or little red riding hood, and I am serious. -_-

Yes, agreed.

Well thought out and i share the same posture for HK and HKers. I am anti CCP as well.

Right now, HK is getting into a turmoil that if not stopped soon, will paralyse normal living for all, including many who want to have nothing to do with the protests or police. They just want to live life in peace with a job that can at least feed mouths. Now, they need to worry if that job will still be around for long.

So, pls stop protesting. Only more will either be hurt or killed. You guys are just helping the CCP to clean up for an easier take over in time to come.

Worth it for new helmets, umbrellas and chance to show ducking skills from pepper sprays?

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 3

Qing dynasty was weaken by a useless Empress.  Can't blame Brit for invading China.  China was weak after 乾隆.

Donald Tsang and Carrie Lam was product of AMTK elitism.

(edited)

Qing dynasty was weaken by a useless Empress.  Can't blame Brit for invading China.  China was weak after 乾隆.

I don't understand your logic. Is it right to invade a weaker country? What's the by-product of any war?

Then there is nothing wrong with WW1 and WW2 where millions died because of the invasion of "stronger" countries.

Can't blame for japs and Nazi for the invasions?

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 2

I don't understand your logic. Is it right to invade a weaker country? What's the by-product of any war?

Then there is nothing wrong with WW1 and WW2 where millions died because of the invasion of "stronger" countries.

Is it right to make financial weaker country to take loan they can't afford?

Qing Dynasty faced foreign invasion since its inception. 

Rather than taking the necessary steps to strengthen itself, there are infighting within Qing Dynasty which weaken itself.

In history, there is no right or wrong.  There is lesson to be learned.

Rather than taking the necessary steps to strengthen itself, there are infighting within Qing Dynasty which weaken itself.

In history, there is no right or wrong. There is lesson to be learned.

Every time I talk of amdk, you got triggered. I know your stance. We can stop it here.

(edited)

How amusing...u cannot blame the brits for invading china...so the strong should be encourage from bullying the weak eh. And the rich should be celebrated for suppressing the poor i suppose.

Little wonder why it is the era of TRUMP now....STUPIDITY RULES  :a-happy:

Edited by maxsee333
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

In history, there is no right or wrong.  There is lesson to be learned.

When you invade, the other party is not given a choice. When you offer a loan, the party can decide if he wants to take from ah long or private bank lah.  If nobody willing to give you a loan, you should know why lor. So noble, then those against or oppose it should offer hlep

• Praise 2

Then there is nothing wrong with WW1 and WW2 where millions died because of the invasion of "stronger" countries.

What david mean china deserve it and deserve an invasion

In history, there is no right or wrong. There is lesson to be learned.

Yes nazism and imperial japanese is right, they should have invade more countries and kill more countries to give everyone a lesson here
  • Praise 1

Yes nazism and imperial japanese is right, they should have invade more countries and kill more countries to give everyone a lesson here

Read the reply above you if you are unsure about the history.

Read the reply above you if you are unsure about the history.

its like saying rape victim deserved to be raped because she wear revealing clothes thus give the right for rapist to rape her

What this guy saying is - amdk were right to invade another weaker country who refused to buy opium from her. Amdk rox.
  • Praise 2

What this guy saying is - amdk were right to invade another weaker country who refused to buy opium from her. Amdk rox.

Yes buy opium is right thing to do, take loan is wrong thing
  • Praise 1

Read #2101 or #2102 properly if you didn't study China history.

↡ Advertisement