Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

CCP can and will chop off HK if it has to do it. Been there done that. Make no mistake. People who try to play Russian roulette with them will not win.

The only reason why they are not taking immediate action is due mainly to the existing Bigger problem with Trump plus slowing domestic growth.

Understand XJP position is not as secured as it may seem. Many internal factions waiting to pounce. He has amassed many enemies.

Top priority is for these sort of unrest to not spread beyond HK into the mainland. Once that happens it is gonna be shitty. The CCP has studied enough of how the Soviet blocs and Arab uprising etc to be fearful.

Like I say. Bloodshed is inevitable. Course of no return already set.

Once the rank and file policeman gets fed up from these daily hammering they will simply walk away and leave it to the PLA to SOLVE the problem and we all know how the latter solves problem.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Did hear that this bill was supposed to be a move by CL to win brownie points from Beijing and the reason why she tried to get it done in record time is to have the bill pushed thru before Xi / Trump meeting at G20 .

Lots of US flights transits in HKG , so this bill actually targets the US citizens , a response to the arrest of HW Ms Meng .

No idea why the HKG students got so work up over it ....

She tried to play shi San yao.. but her cards not even near.

Now all players bao colour, plus bao big cards ... she dunno how to play liao.

airport 50% down, MTR and buses more than 50% down, gov departments non-emergency mostly down, emergency still operating. 

CL and senior leaders  call for press conference, still as soft as jelly, kena hammer by reporters.

police and all gov departments will call for press conference every day from today onwards. 

I think the main reason the CL led HK gov is still going soft, and hoping for the majority of the HK citizens to stand up and save HK from this disasters, is because the HK gov has already activated all the forces they can within their control. 

HK has no military, and therefore she has no tanks even if she wanted to roll them in, the police is their only force, but not mighty enough ( and I think if this drag on, the police will be wear out real soon). 

Beijing will not act until and unless CL ask for help, but the moment CL ask for help from Beijing, she is as good as pressing the reset button for HK. Everyone in the HK gov will lose their job, PLA will move in, and HK will become communist rule.

Until and unless she is pushed to the edge, and her life and her family's life is in great danger, she will try very hard to stay away from the reset button. But that doesnt mean it will not happen.  -_-

• Praise 2

wah siao liao...boss just asked me go hk next week

[dizzy]  [sweatdrop] 

your boss so supportive, as you go there to protest ?

• Praise 2

[dizzy]  [sweatdrop] 

you obviously do not see that your boss does not like you...thats a big hint aldy

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

your boss so supportive, as you go there to protest ?

i planned to go there 买东西 吃东西

now cannot go le...

:mellow:  [smallcry] 

[dizzy][sweatdrop]

Boss see you last time combat unit, attended ICT for chemical warfare.

Don't send you send who

The problem, and solution, is carrie lam... it started there, it should end there. There has been speculation she started this due to her political deafness, dragging in Beijing, and she is the tail that's now wagging the big dog.

She fxxked up the whole thing, pure and simple.

But as usual, just like Tian Ann men many people may eventually die in order to preserve face for some.

just to TCSS, what if in theory (regardless how unlikely), CL had amended the proposed bill at the first push back from the public?

If CL had removed china from the list of extradition countries, would the protests have died down or would public anger switch to other issues?

I say this while knowing china is the main reason for the new extradition bill but just wonder how the public would react.

Hypersonic

you obviously do not see that your boss does not like you...thats a big hint aldy

can tell ah?

he say very safe

[bigcry] 

just to TCSS, what if in theory (regardless how unlikely), CL had amended the proposed bill at the first push back from the public?

If CL had removed china from the list of extradition countries, would the protests have died down or would public anger switch to other issues?

I say this while knowing china is the main reason for the new extradition bill but just wonder how the public would react.

Just as likely was a better explanation......HK already has treaties with ~20+ countries worldwide for extradition so why should just "China" make a difference if explained correctly and clearly advise cross-checks and limits, which came much later.

Turbocharged

if like article 23 that was withdrawn (撤回) then maybe not as bad as now.

Ok.

The key word is after WW2.

British lost its Super power status. They even need US to help their economy. They can’t manage their colonies anymore.

Perhaps it is US that wanted British to give democracy in HK.

Surely this is a plot by the west.

OK. Part of the history after WW1 and WW2 is that both times after USA and the allies won the war, the USA wanted to grant the right of independence/autonomy to all colonies held by western powers. 

Generally speaking, the USA has been quite pro autonomy or independence so that more trade could happen. And also her own ideological reasons.

However after WW2, the cold war erupted, so that quickly turned into an anti-communist fight which the USA could not afford to antagonise France or Britain too much. Hence the French didn't give up indochina and still continued to fight until they gave up in early 1950s.

With relationship to HK and china, that would have been more sensitive especially since KMT lost to CCP in 1949.

Not sure what the USA recommended.

Edited by Lala81

last week civil servants and med profession also

heard airport today jialat, airport express also shutdown

and CL's press con all about daily press cons from police and govt dept; and that strikes hurt working class.

I guess the ivory tower is really comfortable inside.

she can't give them what they want. So what to do? Just do the minimum lor.

Yup probably. That was just the spark. Though since Occupy, it's always been simmering below.

Life is tough in HK and has been incredibly tough for non property owners considering their income/housing ratio.

Lol i wonder if housing prices have started to come down cos of the protests

Edited by Lala81

PRC will wait for public opinion to turn on the protesters before acting. Confirm.

I agree. If that does not happen before the riot completely destroy HK, they still have plan B which is to take tougher action upon HK's request.

I believe the rioter may lose steam before China need to take tougher action. It is a marathon and China have a lot more stamina...she can temporary live without HK on short/mid term but HK cannot live with a much lowered income without China's support. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2