Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

I didn't agree or disagree with the action.

I am just explaining the rationale.

I'm just pointing out the rationale also.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

I'm just pointing out the rationale also.

I don't think any side has any moral high-ground now, but CL and gang should be doing something to de-escalate the situation rather than letting it go on.

Right now her strategy seems to be just let the police and protester hoot it out till it spiral out of control, then pick up the pieces.

• Praise 2

then must be hantu (undertaker)

please stop showing off you got strong teeth, trying to compete with Lion King for the next sequel is it?

Walt Disney pictures just contacted me, wanted to make a movie "Tianmo arrive", I still considering.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Only vehicle from this media will be attacked.  CCTVB.

RTHK journalist has no issue.

what do you think will happen if lets say one new bird reporter from RTHK qiu cheng go write something against the rioters?  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I don't think any side has any moral high-ground now, but CL and gang should be doing something to de-escalate the situation rather than letting it go on.

Right now her strategy seems to be just let the police and protester hoot it out till it spiral out of control, then pick up the pieces.

Pro-Beijing has been "told" to support CL after yesterday conference.

Simple mah, after 2047, ang moh law no more apply in HK. These lawyers will either have to retired from practicing law or go back to school to learn how to argue their case in 是不是. How are they going to complete with the big massive numbers of lawyers in mainland?

If HK break away now, their life will be so much easier than having everything in 是不是.

But if they turn ard and think abt it, if they start to learn PRC law now, it would be easy for them to convert later while also able to act for both HK and China clients. Many of them just refuse to accept the fact that China has a market the size HK cannot even smell.

Well, even smart ppl look at short, immediate benefits. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Not just lawyer will be out of job.

Even judges (incl Chief Justice of HK Final Court of Appeal) will be out of job.

what do you think will happen if lets say one new bird reporter from RTHK qiu cheng go write something against the rioters?  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

It is up to Editor whether to allow it or not.

Based on what has been published so far, unlikely it will slip through.

It's a war of attrition lor.

These are early days yet. Not just protest a few times then expect something to have a quick solution.

Even in democratic countries. Protests and strikes may last on-off for several years before it's died down or one side is satisfied.

Granted the first major blow was in 2014. It will still take many years for accumulative damage. 

The only quick way is for govt to come down like a hail of bricks on the people with force and violence. Any time such large scale protests with militancy happen, it doesn't come down quick unless it's due to violence on the administration part.

Granted, CL and administration hasn't explained what's their action plan.

• Praise 1

Not just lawyer will be out of job.

Even judges (incl Chief Justice of HK Final Court of Appeal) will be out of job.

exactly !!!  [thumbsup]  [laugh]  [laugh]

It is up to Editor whether to allow it or not.

Based on what has been published so far, unlikely it will slip through.

I also think chances low to zero. But if it really does happen, I think their Van also up lorry by the rioters..... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I haven't seen anyone agreeing to violence on this thread, except a few who are promoting gunning people down and sending in tanks -- can you imagine what would such comments look like if it was on religious dispute ?

Whoever performed an act of crime should be arrested and charged as legally required. This is the general understanding I think most have but not necessarily happening.

Some have Short memories... or amnesia..

Forgotten that a few short decades ago, KL could have sent down the troops to do a tian an padang ..

Forgotten that even lky needed the brits to maintain forces here for security against KL.

Forgot that things aren't that different for Singapore back in the day.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

it's just tiresome to see the same rhetoric over and over again. foreign forces foreign forces. Oh well, guess almost every common man there are foreigners or just plain dumb puppets.

There can no wrong done by those in power, but it's all about foreign forces.

I haven't seen anyone agreeing to violence on this thread, except a few who are promoting gunning people down and sending in tanks -- can you imagine what would such comments look like if it was on religious dispute ?

Whoever performed an act of crime should be arrested and charged as legally required. This is the general understanding I think most have but not necessarily happening. 

The HKPF will be very happy to arrest the black shirts involved.

Except they have too many fish to catch and only catch the hardcore ones.

Similarly the Yuen Long white shirts came out once, the black shirts come out 10 times, then the prosecutors and DOJ complain the HKPF never catch them only catch the black shirts? Who's the dog wagging the tail in front of the policemen?

Go besiege police stations, have pitched battles with the police then u expect police response to be fast to prevent u from being beaten up? (minus the innocent bystanders at the MTR station).

When these fine HK youth are charged for rioting and sentenced to jail for 5 years. Will the protest movement quietly accept this state of affairs? Right now they are just charged. 

I mean when u cross the line, the line is crossed. Consequences have to be borne lah.

If the protestors say, yeah all these militant idiots deserved it, don't lump us with you, u clowns are giving us a bad name...

And continue your peaceful protests then i would say they have some moral high ground to talk about. At least the prosecutors march is the appropriate response.

Forgotten that a few short decades ago, KL could have sent down the troops to do a tian an padang ..

Forgotten that even lky needed the brits to maintain forces here for security against KL.

we have even more potential fault lines cos of race.

Oh ok. That time still got the British to ensure some sense of fair play to go on.

In a sense, the communal riots we experienced (and also in malaysia) aren't that far off from these type of protests. All are tinder boxes.

Edited by Lala81

waiting game will be the better strategy at this stage, and this is what cl and china is doing now.

you can't have a good deal to talk with the rioters now, just wait for awhile.

This is an interesting article full of sarcasm

https://www.cup.com.hk/2019/08/08/hk-finance-and-protest/

carrie lam's chinese name is Lin zheng. Didn't know that. Lol reading all these fan ti bit painstaking.

Ah. But it was more politically expedient for KL to kick us out.

Lol PRC is like those hoarders, never want to let one item go  [laugh]

carrie lam's chinese name is Lin zheng. Didn't know that. Lol reading all these fan ti bit painstaking.

Zheng is her maiden surname.

Lin is hubby surname.

It is widely used in HK & TW.

↡ Advertisement