Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

We grew up watching heroic HK mata drama

Wherever the suspects run the mata had no problem laying ambush and round them up

But in reality HK mata seem lost and always being outsmarted

Perhaps it may be better for the HK movie director to direct the mata, they can predict the rioters next storyline better

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Old HK directors didn't have FB or WhatsApp.

HKPF very hard job.....and the people that support them are too much the Silent Majority.

Edited by bsswan
  • Praise 1

We grew up watching heroic HK mata drama

Wherever the suspects run the mata had no problem laying ambush and round them up

But in reality HK mata seem lost and always being outsmarted

Perhaps it may be better for the HK movie director to direct the mata, they can predict the rioters next storyline better

I think is not that the HK mata seem lost and outsmarted. It is more to do with directive and orders top down. Current lot of HK leaders are all weak, and nobody wants to take the role of the iron fist man, including current head of HKPF, all in the name of democracy. 

Going hard on criminals is different, because nobody will defense those criminals except their paid lawyers. 

If now top down order is go hard on protesters, play hard ball, and disregard whatever other HK residents opposition, the reaction from the HKPF would very much be different.

Their hands are all tied down, thats the problem .... -_-  [laugh]  [laugh]

I think is not that the HK mata seem lost and outsmarted. It is more to do with directive and orders top down. Current lot of HK leaders are all weak, and nobody wants to take the role of the iron fist man, including current head of HKPF, all in the name of democracy.

Going hard on criminals is different, because nobody will defense those criminals except their paid lawyers.

If now top down order is go hard on protesters, play hard ball, and disregard whatever other HK residents opposition, the reaction from the HKPF would very much be different.

Their hands are all tied down, thats the problem .... -_-[laugh][laugh]

They may not be willing also to go to that level.

I'm sure that a substantial percentage in the hkpf are also sympathetic to the civil protest (given how widespread the 5th Aug strikes were among the civil service). Will they enforce iron fist? Maybe not.

Very divisive lah the current situation. Cos if u go the hardcore route, also this battle will be over years. In China, They would have shut down Internet and just sent all the ringleaders to re-education camps.

In democracy, at least u can vote in anger next elections. In a half here half there situation, until the populace itself turn against the protestors, how to win.

So no quick solution in sight then.

Good I can send my MIL there holiday.

I was worried send here there and it all goes back to normal.

Waste my money only.

Now economy not so good spend money

must get the biggest bang for buck.  [thumbsup]

:D

bang.jpg

• Praise 2

The Hakkas are the original people of Hong Kong lor. They are not from Meizhou, and Meizhou is not the only place to have Hakkas. I may not have studied much but I won't anyhow say things I'm not familiar with.

Did I say the hong kong hakkas are from meizhou?

Did I say meizhou is the only place to have hakkas?

I may not have study much, but I sure know not to anyhow shoot my mouth if I cannot understand what others are trying to say lor...

Last time I like to pick bones in eggs because i cannot speak  logic, later i became smart because I learn there is no bone in egg lor...

• Praise 1

So no quick solution in sight then.

Good I can send my MIL there holiday.

I was worried send here there and it all goes back to normal.

Waste my money only.

Now economy not so good spend money

must get the biggest bang for buck. [thumbsup]

:D

bang.jpg

Unless u have business in the city, who the hell will go there now. Suka Suka block the tunnel. If mtr strike or is overloaded when the cross harbour tunnel is blocked/protest etc, u want to walk?

Get your MIL to go walk into hk airport with "林郑是no。1" better bet. Sure got some hooligan will slap her on the head.

So you like to see more violence ? That's what you are cheering on isn't it ? You prefer nobody speak on the matter but you then so be it.

Do I want to see more violence? So do you want to see more violence from the rioters? And What is more violence to you? rioters attack police everyday, burn police station, hammer anyone that disagree with them, is peaceful to you? 

Is the actions of these rioters what you are cheering on? 

Is an open forum, anyone can put forward their opinion, I dont control the forum, how am I to prefer nobody speaks on the matter? As it is, there are so many ppl here speaking on the topic, did i stop them? 

Its logic, not so be it..

They may not be willing also to go to that level.

I'm sure that a substantial percentage in the hkpf are also sympathetic to the civil protest (given how widespread the 5th Aug strikes were among the civil service). Will they enforce iron fist? Maybe not.

Very divisive lah the current situation. Cos if u go the hardcore route, also this battle will be over years. In China, They would have shut down Internet and just sent all the ringleaders to re-education camps.

In democracy, at least u can vote in anger next elections. In a half here half there situation, until the populace itself turn against the protestors, how to win.

yah, like I did mentioned much earlier, they didnt kill the fire when it was small, now the fire has gotten out of hand, and quite ugly already. 

Tough job for anyone put in charge now, unless like some mentioned, let the fuel ( funds) dry up, if there really is funding going on. Like burning forest, when all the trees are done burning and no more fuel to support the fire, it will die down slowly. 

This is what pro-democracy can do to a society.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

yah, like I did mentioned much earlier, they didnt kill the fire when it was small, now the fire has gotten out of hand, and quite ugly already.

Tough job for anyone put in charge now, unless like some mentioned, let the fuel ( funds) dry up, if there really is funding going on. Like burning forest, when all the trees are done burning and no more fuel to support the fire, it will die down slowly.

This is what pro-democracy can do to a society. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I'm watching the documentary on Vietnam War protests. In Chicago, the policemen were beating the anti war protestors with clubs.

The protestors were doing the same thing. Vandalising throwing rocks at the police.

Hong Kong protestors want a ‘solution’... Hong Kong gahmen want to draw out and make them sick of protesting... protestors know that.. will keep escalating till something gives... let just wait and see.. don’t go if no real biz there...

• Praise 1

Not necessarily.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-protests-police-fire-tear-gas-tai-wai-11799012

The cna reporter also says the residents are hostile towards the riot police.

The specific area of Tai Wai where I watched "residents" shouting at police on TV..... there's no housing.

One side is a construction site, the other a school and a temple. The police left as they walked towards one large tower block and closer to Shatin.

Edited by bsswan
↡ Advertisement