Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

Then usa will say its instigated by china, those students are funded by CCP and aim to threaten democracy and freedom in america lol

well.... if one fine day.. prc students in our Unis (or FTs) start some protest here about SCS or any thing else.. i hope they get deported like the myammar fellas.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

well.... if one fine day.. prc students in our Unis (or FTs) start some protest here about SCS or any thing else.. i hope they get deported like the myammar fellas.

Yeah, every foreigner should be deported if they involved in protest of politics
  • Praise 1

Chinese fight Chinese while the westerners instigated, laughed at us and made worthless comments.

争气点 leh...haiz.

not very fair la....

Malayan Emergency how?

Operation Coldstore too.. though this case some dispute about cause and effect.

the protesters decided to occupy the airport for another 4 days  [sweatdrop]  

looks like @Enye won't be coming back so soon   [laugh]  [laugh]

Ok mah, if they stick / keep to only airport, means Central, and other shopping area is safe. 

Treat as free holiday paid by company. 

• Praise 1

It is always easier to force to clear up the rioter.  How to reconcile the community again after that?

As i told you numerous time, this is a divided community.

Currently, RMB is under strict FX control.  The largest offshore RMB market is in HK.

Whether it is 1 country 1 system or not, depends on whether RMB freely traded.

Nope, its not always easy to use force to clear up rioters, but it is the most effective way to clear rioters.  I have not seen any riot in the world to go away peacefully after violent started, it almost always end up with police force clear. So what so different abt HK? 

Name me 1 riot that was not cleared by force? And we talking about riot not protest. Protest, yes, it can end peacefully. Riot? never!

You dont have to keep telling me is a divided community, because all communities are divided.  Thats why there is such a thing call " majority wins", and in "democracy" there is votes to decide. It is not exclusive or unique to HK.   Both you and I dont know exactly the numbers, but base on reports these past 2.5 months, there is a total of 2 million out of 7.5 million out protesting, which means 5.5 million did not agree.

Isnt 5.5 more than 2?  It is not even a 4 vs 3 kind of close division, so you tell me how divided is the community?  Just because there are riots everyday and reporters reporting lopsided news means the division is bad?   Just because 3 person come to my office every day saying they want to change start week to sunday means the whole office agree?

You name me 1 community that is not divided, that everyone agrees on every single thing. 

RMB sticky controlled didnt happen overnight, it was held at 9.25 for the longest time before it starts to free up many years ago. So whats stopping it from being control again? Isnt bank intervention a form of control also? Do central banks not intervene in the FX market when their currency is targeted? is that a form of FX control? 

1 country 1 system or not dont depends on how RMB trades freely in HK, RMB will automatic be the official  local currency use when it is 1 country 1 system. 

As it is now, RMB is already accepted in many countries to use as payment ( including SG) and traded,  soon RMB will be  openly accepted and traded, HK will not be the largest "offshone" anymore.  If trade war persist, who is going to stop PRC from moving RMB back to 9.25? it will offset whatever taxes ang moh president places on its goods. But this is another topic totally.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

mayb door finally close when he is there, and then he becomes HKee.... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

the protesters decided to occupy the airport for another 4 days [sweatdrop]

looks like @Enye won't be coming back so soon [laugh][laugh]

Paging for enye :grin:
  • Praise 1

saw the way they block the departure hall to prevent traveller from going to the departure hall, really disgusting, PUI!

• Praise 2

saw the way they block the departure hall to prevent traveller from going to the departure hall, really disgusting, PUI!

guess best way to leave HK now is to take a ferry / bus to Macau or Shenzhen and take a plane from there. 

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

Not many people outside of HK really understood the situation Hongkongers are facing. They have been suppressed badly and the extradition bill is merely a catalyst that triggered all the emotions within them.

Singaporeans can work hard to afford a HDB and with grants. However, Hong Kong govt sold their soul to property moguls for money. No matter how hard the younger gen work, many will never ever be able to afford to buy their own house. That's including professionals. If they are lucky, a shoebox apt. That's only maybe. Queue for public housing is years and years, almost impossible.

Since HK returned to China, 150 mainlanders are shipped to HK everyday. That is no small number. They are given the benefits and accommodation that were meant for ordinary citizens.

For many, the future is already bleak. With China on the horizon, future gen will have it even tougher. Maybe no future to speak of liao.

This extradition bill is just CL's way of sucking up to Beijing. Failed sensationally and no way back for her anymore.

It is a miracle Hongkongers took so long to oppose the govt. I agree with everybody that they have no chance of winning against Beijing but they are making their voices heard as much as possible.

• Praise 11

Twincharged

Ya. I was lucky to arrive in HKIA on 12 aug at 1230. Missed the crowd completely. It was just a few tens of people there.

Blocking people is too much.

Like I said earlier, the faster the hongkees recognize they belong to China the better. No way will China ever give in the whatever crap they try to pull.

↡ Advertisement