Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

Despite what people may think about Communist China, the Chinese government does allow criticism and feedback. Individuals, however, can only focus on a ministry, an official or an individual though. These critics should also provide remedies on their feedback to get buy-in from the Chinese government.

I do understand the Chinese government is sensitive to criticism, and if their party members collectively think that the criticism is constructive, it will respond positively and act accordingly. This is maybe how a "Chinese democracy" works. Local governments thus play a very important role in listening to their people.

As someone has said, it takes only 40 years for China to bring 700m people out of poverty since opening up. Maybe people are slow to give credit or are just prejudiced against them. The system seems to work fine for them and their people collectively.

Oops, I sounds like a communist, but I promise I'm not. I also love Taiwan and her people. ISD pls give chance.

With regard to bringing 700m out of poverty in years.

I'm not sure that cam really be used as an example of ccp credit.

Relatively speaking, Korea and Japan .. among many others..suffered far worse conditions that China in 70s. They did rather well after 40 years.. probably much faster.

Most of China's dismal conditions are self pawn by ccp. Or maybe Mao the individual.

Also much of China's early rise could arguably more be western nations goodwill.. and naivety.. that trading with China will help it democratise.

Not saying Chinese govt totally no credit.. just greatly exaggerated perhaps.

But that's a completely different topic to hk protest.

↡ Advertisement

With regard to bringing 700m out of poverty in years.

I'm not sure that cam really be used as an example of ccp credit.

Relatively speaking, Korea and Japan .. among many others..suffered far worse conditions that China in 70s. They did rather well after 40 years.. probably much faster.

Most of China's dismal conditions are self pawn by ccp. Or maybe Mao the individual.

Also much of China's early rise could arguably more be western nations goodwill.. and naivety.. that trading with China will help it democratise.

Not saying Chinese govt totally no credit.. just greatly exaggerated perhaps.

But that's a completely different topic to hk protest.

When those countries did well, they credited democracy as main reason for success.

But when china govt lifted 700m out of poverty, its called exaggeration

• Praise 1

Mongkok is happening

police is clearing street

there is no “black shirts” in sight

press all confuse what is police doing

Edited by Wt_know

When those countries did well, they credited democracy as main reason for success.

Oh its no exaggeration the 700m were moved out of poverty.

Exaggeration is saying it's the ccp credit without acknowledging massive weastern economic input.

What's no exaggeration is the sorry state of China before that was fully ccp credit.

Oh its no exaggeration the 700m were moved out of poverty.

Exaggeration is saying it's the ccp credit without acknowledging massive weastern economic input.

What's no exaggeration is the sorry state of China before that was fully ccp credit.

U think u want angmoh to invest then they will invest?

Take a look at top 15 most populated countries in the world, majority are democratic but none of them receives as much as china get from the west. Look at india, brazil, indo, philippines, african countries etc. They are still in sorry state, govt no $$$, high unemployment and crime.

And the west should be thankful for china opening up their economy and provide safe investment environment whereby they can produce goods in mass number and cheap and good quality. Before china open up their economy, top 50 world richest dominated by asian from japan taiwan hk indo. But now its dominated by angmoh in top 20 list

They also get to access word largest middle income and biggest market.

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 1

Surprisingly today's TST protest was cleared out so fast.

Can see the HKPF's increased aggression after the new commander took over. Previous strategy was keep shooting tear gas but never push forward so dragging out the whole night. Maybe protestors also changing their strategy choosing to avoid head-on conflict.

https://www.facebook.com/RTHKVNEWS/videos/405450666763752/

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 1

Surprisingly today's TST protest was cleared out so fast.

Can see the HKPF's increased aggression after the new commander took over. Previous strategy was keep shooting tear gas but never push forward so dragging out the whole night. Maybe protestors also changing their strategy choosing to avoid head-on conflict.

https://www.facebook.com/RTHKVNEWS/videos/405450666763752/

At last part alot ppl cheering for the police

Glad hk police find an effective way to chase these clowns

• Praise 2

You know why took him so long? Cause he also chua sai go tiong kok lim kopi..ð

He better don't talk so much. I heard many HKers hate him coz he's one of the fellas who control the HK properties and causing the high prices, so much that many HKers can't afford to own a home.
  • Praise 3

yes. he is public no.1 enemy ... lol

He better don't talk so much. I heard many HKers hate him coz he's one of the fellas who control the HK properties and causing the high prices, so much that many HKers can't afford to own a home.

• Praise 1

Ermm... I see it as they kept 700mil people IN poverty by remaining communist... its is indeed that when they decided to open up then they came out of that...

• Praise 2

There is only one solution to the problem.

Protesters are from HK and the police are from HK.

Unity is strength.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

One country 2 system

System (1) 1.5 B .. maglev, Huawei, alibaba, housing ok for its ppl, 4G coverage even in remotest part..

System (2) expensive housing, police, legal governance aystem left by the British. Controlled by tycoons.. (sounds a bit like the barons and royalties land owners)

Now these protesters unhappy with which system huh?

They not happy why Huawei and Alibaba not open HQ in HK?!

Tencents listed but office not big enough in HK?

• Praise 1