Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

Surprisingly today's TST protest was cleared out so fast.

Can see the HKPF's increased aggression after the new commander took over. Previous strategy was keep shooting tear gas but never push forward so dragging out the whole night. Maybe protestors also changing their strategy choosing to avoid head-on conflict.

https://www.facebook.com/RTHKVNEWS/videos/405450666763752/

I guess many went into hiding after the backfires at airport incident.

Some parents who initially support their kids may stop them from now on.

• Praise 1

The one who always cut my hair got this funny conspiracy theory.

She said CCP is behind all this and purposely created all this mess so that they can ‘take back’ HK earlier and by legal means..hahaha.

• Praise 2

When those countries did well, they credited democracy as main reason for success.

But when china govt lifted 700m out of poverty, its called exaggeration

Amdk don't come sell opium, invade and treat people as 2nd class citizens, we can count our blessings already.

Jia lat.. Even teachers also join in the protest. Looks like the protest gonna last much longer time. Hope it don't last for 3 months and above..

“Deng admired what Lee had accomplished in Singapore, and Lee admired how Deng was dealing with problems in China. Before Deng’s visit to Singapore, the Chinese press had referred to Singaporeans as the ‘running dogs of American imperialism.’

A few weeks after Deng visited Singapore, however, this description of Singapore disappeared from the Chinese press. Instead, Singapore was described as a place worth studying .….

Deng found orderly Singapore an appealing model for reform, and he was ready to send people there to learn about city planning, public management, and controlling corruption.”

https://www.newmandala.org/how-deng-and-his-heirs-misunderstood-singapore/

Singapore-China Foundation chairman Alan Chan Heng Loon noted that since Mr Deng's call, some 56,000 Chinese civil servants have been trained by Singapore.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/lee-kuan-yew-lauded-for-critical-role-in-chinas-reform-and-opening-up

If 56 thousand Chinese civil servants were not trained by Singapore

do you think 700 million Chinese could have been lifted out of poverty?

:D  

Edited by Jamesc

Supercharged

Oh its no exaggeration the 700m were moved out of poverty.

Exaggeration is saying it's the ccp credit without acknowledging massive weastern economic input.

What's no exaggeration is the sorry state of China before that was fully ccp credit.

I have to disagree with you.

China was in bad state because of Qing dynasty decline and the western powers coming in to rape/pilage; then the Japanese invasion and subsequent civil war. Imagine a land in constant war and revolution for over 50 years. CCP took over what was effectively a wasteland. KMT had even shipped over the entire remaining gold reserves from mainland over to Taiwan.

That is why there are majority Chinese in Singapore now, cos our forefathers had to leave China for economic survival in the 1800s and 1900s. You are probably not ethnic chinese so you probably do not have the same insights into how terrible conditions were in the pre-CCP days which our ancestors had told us.

• Praise 3

The one who always cut my hair got this funny conspiracy theory.

She said CCP is behind all this and purposely created all this mess so that they can âtake backâ HK earlier and by legal means..hahaha.

Hk ald belong to china

Hk is not taiwan la

Jia lat.. Even teachers also join in the protest. Looks like the protest gonna last much longer time. Hope it don't last for 3 months and above..

It was teachers that encouraged students to join the protest in beginning.

Teachers also part of the march but this time exclusively teacher march only

China was in bad state because of Qing dynasty decline and the western powers coming in to rape/pilage; then the Japanese invasion and subsequent civil war. Imagine a land in constant war and revolution for over 50 years. CCP took over what was effectively a wasteland. KMT had even shipped over the entire remaining gold reserves from mainland over to Taiwan.

That is why there are majority Chinese in Singapore now, cos our forefathers had to leave China for economic survival in the 1800s and 1900s. You are probably not ethnic chinese so you probably do not have the same insights into how terrible conditions were in the pre-CCP days which our ancestors had told us.

My grandparent left china to nanyang before ccp took over china, they did that because china was in devastated condition after fall of Qing, 8 nation, japan invasions and civil war

And even under mao china economy still in bottom low

public opinion changing liao? time for China big brother to come in and help liao.

Today at tamar park organiser claimed 476k joining pro govt and police rally

https://www.facebook.com/355665009819/posts/10157456991194820/

Ermm... I see it as they kept 700mil people IN poverty by remaining communist... its is indeed that when they decided to open up then they came out of that...

Russia tried to do so but failed and led to soviet breakup in 1991

So that 56k chinese civil servants should have a chance to join the Men in White group, its been proven they can lift 700m tiong out of poverty. Pay them same amount but in RMB will do :D

if lawyers, civil servants, and even teachers (traditionally some of the MOST conservative folks) come out... the accusation that its some young punks just dont add up... never has.

• Praise 1

this should answer your question about my ethnicity, and yes its in mandarin.

unless you say you are even more qualified than the lecturer about chinese history.

listen to what the young lady said vs the lecturer.

see the mentality of the young lady totally buying in to ccp propaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSdJlJACKwc

also, japan, korea, germany etc were REALLY wastelands compared to china. japan never took over the whole of china.

these  rebuilt their countries.. ccp govt destroyed china while in FULL POWER until western countries came in with economic help.

its not saying the ccp has no credit, but... vastly exaggerated.

I think lky drinking tea with one deng convincing him to open up has more impact than the 56k trained.

But.. saying any of that to prc today would be rather brave

• Praise 1

Hk ald belong to china

Hk is not taiwan la

It was teachers that encouraged students to join the protest in beginning.

Teachers also part of the march but this time exclusively teacher march only

My grandparent left china to nanyang before ccp took over china, they did that because china was in devastated condition after fall of Qing, 8 nation, japan invasions and civil war

And even under mao china economy still in bottom low

Today at tamar park organiser claimed 476k joining pro govt and police rally

https://www.facebook.com/355665009819/posts/10157456991194820/

Russia tried to do so but failed and led to soviet breakup in 1991

So that 56k chinese civil servants should have a chance to join the Men in White group, its been proven they can lift 700m tiong out of poverty. Pay them same amount but in RMB will do :D

She meant taking it back before 2047. 

• Praise 1

The origin protests and current riots are totally different. Some people have ride on the original protest to create a new monster that continue to fan for personal selfish reasons.

Before even going further,  HKers must come to reality,. What do they expect HK to be? Status quo as HK or be another Shanghai,  Beijing,  Wuhan,  etc? There are no other options. Once this is clear, then you think over how these riots can go to which direction.  The housing, economy, etc are issues that HKers have to vote and decide. These instigators going to solve them for you? Their leaders are now in the west safely enjoying tea.

this should answer your question about my ethnicity, and yes its in mandarin.

unless you say you are even more qualified than the lecturer about chinese history.

listen to what the young lady said vs the lecturer.

see the mentality of the young lady totally buying in to ccp propaganda.

also, japan, korea, germany etc were REALLY wastelands compared to china. japan never took over the whole of china.

these rebuilt their countries.. ccp govt destroyed china while in FULL POWER until western countries came in with economic help.

its not saying the ccp has no credit, but... vastly exaggerated.

I don't understand your rhetoric of CCP destroying China and Western countries coming to China for economic help.

In fact, I see the opposite. Westerners pillaged and plundered the Chinese with multiple invasions. Now they are trying hard to stir trouble with the emergence of China. The french has riots just 30 miles from UK, and it almost has no press coverage in the UK. Comparatively, UK press reports the "peaceful protests" in HK thousand of miles away almost 24/7. And then the various speeches of American politicians over the HK situation, exerting pressure on China on Chinese domestic matters. Remember, all these trading with China are mutually beneficial relationship. Buying cheap from Chinese companies are not "investing in China", hello.

And looking at 2019, why kind of "destruction" has CCP done to China? China is now the 2nd biggest economy in the world, on the cusp of the BRI, and probably will be able to overtake US as the leading economic power in a decade. What kind of "destroy" are you talking about?

Ermm... I see it as they kept 700mil people IN poverty by remaining communist... its is indeed that when they decided to open up then they came out of that...

They are still communist in 2019, are they in poverty now? Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 3

I don't think Singapore should think too highly of ourselves. LKY did give advice but he was never direct involve in anything. Ultimately,  it is their own internal development that suit their needs. Can simply cut and paste, this world everything settled liao.

That is also what the western failed badly. Always thinking their way is the best and only way. They do have many strengths but they must know they are novice in many aspects too.

• Praise 1

I think lky drinking tea with one deng convincing him to open up has more impact than the 56k trained.

But.. saying any of that to prc today would be rather brave

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3