Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

Those rioters will say blame the govt for luring us out to riot

No, those rioters will say - we are even willing to give our lives to fight for your future freedom, you should feel proud to sacrify your income to support our protest because we are fighting for you and your future generations.

↡ Advertisement

to be honest, if HK call for a referendum to “exit” china

they might not win for sure [sly]

but why would PRC even allow such referendum ... lol

in this protest ... does protesters represent the majority of hker and what they want?

Edited by Wt_know

As a PRC citizen working in a foreign consulate, he should've been aware that he is a vulnerable target for blackmail, thus should've curtailed his cheong-ing [laugh]

In fact, luckily the PRC authorities now come clean about it after the hoo-hah by the international community. Else they could've "turned" this guy to work for them as a plant in the foreign consulate.

Quote from article:

"Dr Victor Zheng Wan-tai, assistant director of the Hong Kong Institute of Asia-Pacific Studies at Chinese University, said that young Hongkongers face “downward mobility”. “Although they have high educational achievements, they find their work, job advancement and income not very promising,” he said. “They feel disappointed and therefore try to find a way out.”

Many young people here also feel the same way actually! [laugh]

Youth these days so lucky ... lots of HK xmm will be looking for SG guys to quickly migrate here.

I think he is a British National.  Knowing PRC justice system, i don't believe those charges lo.

Read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kong_Boys_and_Kong_Girls

in this protest ... does protesters represent the majority of hker and what they want?

1 of the biggest problem of democratic society is everybody could be wrong.

Donald Trump is prime example.

1 of the biggest problem of democratic society is everybody could be wrong.

Donald Trump is prime example.

Personally, regardless the terminology, as long as the country is stable, peaceful and ppl not deprived of basic needs, if its name is communism (for eg), it is a "right" model of governance.

To many, democracy is freedom of speech, thought, lifestyle etc. But it often seems like anarchy with human rights rojak together. Its each man's to their own and heck care what the society thinks or mandates. Pls dun label this as democracy.

No man is an island.

You can have your human or personal rights but as a community of multi-human rights, the community's system of law and order collectively endorsed for peaceful existence must take precedence otherwise cock say cock right, hen say hen right, donkey say monkey wrong, monkey say donkey stupid and wrong etc etc. If purely democracy, everything becomes a must to be put to a vote. Every decision must come thru voting. Daily dun need do much but queue to drop your vote into ballot box. Cos every one insist on their rights to every sxxx and knowledge of every action.

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 1

This drags on, its still HKers vs HKers. China and its ppl still enjoying their weekends and "freedom".

Frankly if the protests had continue to be peaceful and gathering strength in numbers each time, there may be a stronger ground for negotiations. Afterall, 50 years still not up yet. China can afford to be seen as a benevolent natural father.

But once violent, they risked affecting only themselves, the country they so called love because investors and businesses interested only in making money. And only during peaceful times. Like the articles kept repeating, summer is their PEAK for making money for HK. Their aim is to let all HKers have early retirement and stay at home? That's freedom?

Yada-ing

Safe ride

Cheers

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 2

Motherland very busy with own housework so now's a good time to play pranks.

I understand why the HK ppl are so upset about. China is breaking its promise to let HK run its legal system like b4 without intervention. But this new law when passed will be the first intervention iirc. If no strong protests, more interventions will come in.

Like one person sums it up, i paraphrased "may as well wipe HK from the map and call it China".

Iirc, China promised no earth-shaking changes in HK for next 50 years from date of return from British rule. I guess they forgot to tell the HK ppl they rescheduled to an earlier time.

50 years may be put there to pacify the HK ppl and allow them more time to adapt and change mindset. But the ppl desire to be free and independent. Democracy is rearing its head with more urgency and intensity.

Will the extradition laws be scrapped so that peace returns? Or will peace really return and instead gather more steam for a full outright defiant stand against China?

Personally, i have a foreboding. I see Tiananmen and i fear for HK. A few innocent blood will be shed to silence millions, again.

That invisible line cannot be crossed.

Hopefully, events will not erupt further into unnecessary loss of innocent lives. Why can't China just tax HK a yearly tribute and treat it as a vassal type state. Semi-democratic. But China's face very big, very hard to cover.

Haiz

Safe ride

Cheers

Dun mind me saying, but u do know that hong kong is part of china right? So there is nothing wrong if hong kong is eventually wipe off from world map. Hong kong is but a province of china just like shenzhen, shanghai...etc.

The people from hong kong need to understand that there is no such things as democracy in a communist setting. Having this imprint into their head earlier is better than a sudden change when 50 years is up. If they are unable to accept a communist setting, best to migrate elsewhere.

PS : I dun support communist, but i do support cold hard facts.

• Praise 3

Dun mind me saying, but u do know that hong kong is part of china right? So there is nothing wrong if hong kong is eventually wipe off from world map. Hong kong is but a province of china just like shenzhen, shanghai...etc.

The people from hong kong need to understand that there is no such things as democracy in a communist setting. Having this imprint into their head earlier is better than a sudden change when 50 years is up. If they are unable to accept a communist setting, best to migrate elsewhere.

PS : I dun support communist, but i do support cold hard facts.

Yes, i am aware. Thanks for sharing.

That was a tongue-in-cheek post about HKers expectations for full democracy.

But there is a workable communism with democratic characteristics which bro David shared that is very insightful. May i recommend u to watch it. U will not find the speaker boring, in fact she's a Singaporean.

There are alot of history in this thread and many pov which i find interesting and i learnt a few facts as well from the different ones.

I love HK and hope HKers will come to terms with things beyond their control to change. Not an advocate of violence hence i hope they will calm down and go to the talking table, i mean negotiating table.

More public housing is a major grouse. Yet they voted against the likes of it before even the handover to China. Complicated. But definitely human greed and selfishness in full force.

Just yada-ing

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 2

What is wrong with communism?

I like communism.

You have no money, your friend has a lot.

You take half his money for yourself.

Who don't like that idea? 

:D

I also like communism because its all about controlling people.

You control what they think, you control what they say.

You control everything.

The world is so messed up because there is no enough control.

If people put me in charge as king of the world I will clear up all the mess.

Anyone that disagrees with me I will chop off their heads.

Until no one disagrees with me or there is no one left.

Either way there will be order.  [thumbsup]

This extradition bill is really a waste of time.

Why bother to extradite people from HK to China

and put them in front of a mickey mouse court.

Just secretly catch them and bring them into China lah.

And then no one will know where they are.

As for the mickey mouse court don't waste time just chop their heads off.

You all don't know but when I wrote to my fren Fatty Kim

he said he loved all my ideas. He said some of hos general just don't understand him.

I told him chop their heads off. Don't waste time with toxic people like that.

061118-kim-jong-un-feature.jpg?quality=9

The protests have been going too long.

Its time to send in the tanks and crush the rebellion.

Beijing making YouTube videos pretending its from Hong Kong

is just silly and a waste of time.

Firstly Google has closed all their fake accounts cos they all have Beijing IP addresses .

So no one will ever see the videos, They think people at Google are dumb.

Do it the Darth Vader way. He knows how to crush a rebellion.  [thumbsup]

hyperreal-darth-vader-tall.jpg

Edited by Jamesc

i agree with you.

the protestors/rioters are minority.....its funny that they claim they are fighting for HK but actually only fighting for themselves and expecting the others to sacrifice for them.

their democracy freedom is not democratic... but those who are not on their side must obey their requests.

it is actually "you do what I request"... is this democratic ????

i say cannot work... you must stay at home...

i say stop the traffic... you must not go anywhere...

i say block the flights.... you must not fly home to your family....

is this Democracy ???

one young man being interviewed said..." freedom comes with a price... and someone must sacrifice their livelihood "..... but who are those that livelihood being affected now...

Edited by Firehorse
  • Praise 1

Personally, regardless the terminology, as long as the country is stable, peaceful and ppl not deprived of basic needs, if its name is communism (for eg), it is a "right" model of governance.

To many, democracy is freedom of speech, thought, lifestyle etc. But it often seems like anarchy with human rights rojak together. Its each man's to their own and heck care what the society thinks or mandates. Pls dun label this as democracy.

No man is an island.

You can have your human or personal rights but as a community of multi-human rights, the community's system of law and order collectively endorsed for peaceful existence must take precedence otherwise cock say cock right, hen say hen right, donkey say monkey wrong, monkey say donkey stupid and wrong etc etc. If purely democracy, everything becomes a must to be put to a vote. Every decision must come thru voting. Daily dun need do much but queue to drop your vote into ballot box. Cos every one insist on their rights to every sxxx and knowledge of every action.

Bros, what do you mean by might? It is like Sister Island wanted to be independent from Singapore.  Need to ask the 5 million singapreans can or not. Cannot then got to take a sampan to Indonesia lor

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1