Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

7 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Reason is simple, hongkie feel they atas species, see tiong as lowly species, how can a lower species become their mother? Why macau nvr do protest as much as hk and why so many anti china sentiment in hk as compared to macau? 

By the way its not scare but they know hk media are provocateur, come in stir shit to gather support for hk protest. Why would macau allow such selfish thing happen? 

When you have a HK Doctorate professor saying petrol bomb not really petrol bomb and breaking into shop justifiable because it belongs to somebody, then this is not riot. You know the education system is at what stage liao. Media and education need total revamp to save the future generations.  I wish them well.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

From the beedeo of HKP gunshot...I believe the fallen policeman dropped his gun when he was attacked...his comrade had to fire warning shots to ward off further attack on him. Then some of the rests of maybe 10-12 of them drew as well. The fallen one was seen picking up the gun from the ground and started pointing at his attackers while appeared in shock.

that hypocrite rioter in singlet who knee before them urging them not to shoot anymore was seen throwing either a ham or old winter Mellon in close range at the police earlier during the assault. One policeman probably recognized him and gave him a kick on the chest... Orh bee good 

• Praise 2

30 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

From the beedeo of HKP gunshot...I believe the fallen policeman dropped his gun when he was attacked...his comrade had to fire warning shots to ward off further attack on him. Then some of the rests of maybe 10-12 of them drew as well. The fallen one was seen picking up the gun from the ground and started pointing at his attackers while appeared in shock.

that hypocrite rioter in singlet who knee before them urging them not to shoot anymore was seen throwing either a ham or old winter Mellon in close range at the police earlier during the assault. One policeman probably recognized him and gave him a kick on the chest... Orh bee good 

lucky no one dare to pick it up 😅

0cebd7d0-c798-11e9-aefb-f439c62349dc.png

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, RadX said:

Image may contain: one or more people and text

I thought media in yellow? So she is part of another media? Haha her expression very funny, must have done something she is very guilty of.

1 minute ago, mersaylee said:

She might had also said in Cantonese 我係蘑菇的 instead of 我係无辜的 besides peeing in her jeans...

this is her normally hahahaha

Image result for wei du cna

There are few certainties in life. One of them is this: The common law system underpinning Hong Kong’s “core values” is destined to expire in 27 years’ time. The One Country Two Systems formula was designed to last for 50 years and no more. Hence Article 5 of the Basic Law. There is no mechanism in the Basic Law for the system to continue beyond 30 June 2047.
All the calls for Freedom, Democracy etc have no meaning if the common law crumbles.
If the protesters truly value their professed aims, their focus should be on demonstrating to Beijing and to the rest of the world that the One Country Two Systems formula works, and to promote an atmosphere in which Beijing feels comfortable with the system – and when the time comes, to extend the Basic Law for another 50 years, 100 years. Then liberal democratic norms and values might have a chance to flourish.
Crunch time is not 27 years away. It is just round the corner. For Hong Kong to continue as one of the world’s greatest financial and trading centres, planning for the future must necessarily look 20 -30 years ahead. So the hard question will soon be asked: is the common law system to continue beyond June 2047 ? The answer lies in Beijing and nowhere else.
The last time this issue arose – back in 1982 – Hong Kong had the backing of Great Britain. This time Hong Kong stands alone. And, up to this point, Hong Kong has demonstrated for all the world to see that the One Country Two Systems formula is extremely fragile: and, if the unrest continues, it would surely fracture beyond any hope of recall.
It is beyond the power of the Hong Kong SAR government to devise the governing model for the future. Pressing the Hong Kong government to promote greater democracy is futile. Rightly or wrongly, that power lies in Beijing. Nowhere else. Hong Kong enjoys freedoms found nowhere else in China. To think that unlawful assemblies and demonstrations, and violence in the streets, would soften Beijing’s attitude towards Hong Kong is absurd. Common sense suggests it would have the opposite effect.
But there are deep social issues which the SAR government can redress, having regard in particular to the huge foreign currency reserves it holds:USD425 billion – by far the largest in the world, enough to guarantee public servants’ pensions hundreds of times over. And yet Hong Kong’s social services are crumbling, hospitals are understaffed, public education is poor, teachers are ill-paid, young people cannot afford to rent even the most substandard apartment, the gap between rich and poor is ever-widening.
The laissez-faire policy of the colonial government has been carried to extremes by the SAR government in the past 20-odd years. The rich have prospered in the meanwhile whilst the bulk of the people suffered. The influx of Mainlanders under the One-Way Permit system has caused great strain on all services. The people’s needs have been neglected. The young see little prospect of a fulfilling future and even university graduates find difficulty in meaningful employment.
These, I suggest, are the deep-seated ills which sustain the fire of discontent in the wider community, and bring hundreds of thousands to march in the streets. These are not matters which a commission of inquiry can resolve.
The media here is full of Hong Kong stories, and of course footage of the riotous behaviour on the streets: what empty slogans, meaningless rhetoric the protesters display ……….In watching these events I am reminded of the prayer attributed to Saint Francis:
Pray God give me the courage to change the things I can change, the fortitude to bear the things I cannot change, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Praise 8

I’m really amuse with the news the mainlanders was being exposed in China. I’ll be meeting with my China business associate in Taipei next week. And she telling me she will be transferring her flight through HK. I warn her about HK because she’s a mainlander. She replied no worry  lah, the next thing surprised me is she ask me is Taipei safe or not. She’s more concern with her safety in Taiwan over HK 

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, mersaylee said:

In this incident, both sides are at fault.

On rioter side, no need mentioned.

On police side, police keep on calling them cockroach.  This doesn't help the situation.

6 hours ago, mersaylee said:

She might had also said in Cantonese 我係蘑菇的 instead of 我係无辜的 besides peeing in her jeans...

Not sure whether she has press pass or not.  If got, can always complain to HKPF internal affair for police brutality.

On Sunday, there are a lot of report that police siao liao.  A lot of passerby kenna search.

2 hours ago, Dfx16 said:

I’m really amuse with the news the mainlanders was being exposed in China. I’ll be meeting with my China business associate in Taipei next week. And she telling me she will be transferring her flight through HK. I warn her about HK because she’s a mainlander. She replied no worry  lah, the next thing surprised me is she ask me is Taipei safe or not. She’s more concern with her safety in Taiwan over HK 

Currently, HKIA has court injunction against any form of protest. Any protest in HKIA = Contempt of Court.  It's immediate jail.

That's why she feel safe in HKIA.

On the other hand, Beijing taking so much hostile measure against Taiwan.  She scare retaliation from Taiwanese.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Davidtch said:

On police side, police keep on calling them cockroach.  This doesn't help the situation.

Funny, I was talking to my wife about this at weekend and still agreed the police have been quite restrained.

There's worse things to be called. I mean, the old joke where only Cockroaches and Kieth Richards will survive a nuclear war...…..

16 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Funny, I was talking to my wife about this at weekend and still agreed the police have been quite restrained.

There's worse things to be called. I mean, the old joke where only Cockroaches and Kieth Richards will survive a nuclear war...…..

HKPF is expected to act professionally.

With so many camera around police, they can’t overreact.

On Sunday, a lot of passerby Kenna stopped and searched including CNA reporter.

Nowadays, all police on operation don’t wear warrant card and police number. This is a clear violation of police regulation.

Edited by Davidtch

44 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

HKPF is expected to act professionally.

With so many camera around police, they can’t overreact.

On Sunday, a lot of passerby Kenna stopped and searched including CNA reporter.

Nowadays, all police on operation don’t wear warrant card and police number. This is a clear violation of police regulation.

By the time read their rights and see their warrant cards, rioters, protesters all run liao.

Desperate times call for desperate improvisation of procedures. Not happy or unsure can always take photo or video of that policeman. And make complaint.

Dun think protesters mind much when they themselves are so blatantly hammering and creating havoc at the HKPF.

Just my tots. Regardless the outcome, these are terrible days for HK. Hope peace returns.

Safe ride

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1