Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

'Now or never': Hong Kong protesters say they have nothing to lose

https://www.malaymail.com/news/world/2019/08/28/now-or-never-hong-kong-protesters-say-they-have-nothing-to-lose/1784871?utm_source=izooto&utm_medium=push_notifications&utm_campaign=Now or never Hong Kong protesters say they have nothing to lose&utm_content=&utm_

Do these protesters know the meaning of genocide? Since when did China & Hong Kong Govt committed the crime of genocide?

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Civic2000 said:

'Now or never': Hong Kong protesters say they have nothing to lose

https://www.malaymail.com/news/world/2019/08/28/now-or-never-hong-kong-protesters-say-they-have-nothing-to-lose/1784871?utm_source=izooto&utm_medium=push_notifications&utm_campaign=Now or never Hong Kong protesters say they have nothing to lose&utm_content=&utm_

Do these protesters know the meaning of genocide? Since when did China & Hong Kong Govt committed the crime of genocide?

Just throw any word they can think off like genocide, massacre, dictatorship lol

protesters can do anything they like in hk coz the judges are at their side to protect them.

if those judges still remain unchanged, no one can help hk.

• Praise 3

10 minutes ago, Lava said:

protesters can do anything they like in hk coz the judges are at their side to protect them.

Lower court HK judges has been inconsistent with their judgement.  This is evidence in 7 policeman case & Donald Tsang.

For those who are charged, if kenna caught again, definitely go Stanley.

Mind you, HKPF has not been helpful in procedural lapse.  If suspect does not have access to legal assistance prior to interrogation, confirm judge will go ez on suspect.

18 minutes ago, Lava said:

Even universities and teachers side with them, universities will ensure that their legal fee will be borne by the school

7 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Even universities and teachers side with them, universities will ensure that their legal fee will be borne by the school

There is a group of Pro-Bono lawyer on standby.

Extract of editorial piece from Global Times Editor.

https://www.hk01.com/議事廳/368811/環時-取消香港高度自治不符國家利益-一國一制-當前不現實

環時:取消香港高度自治不符國家利益 「一國一制」當前不現實

Global Times: Cancellation of Hong Kong autonomous did not serve country benefit.  1 country 1 system not realistic

13 hours ago, Lava said:

I heard alot of Judges are from British...[Angmo].

This time around HK is totally naked. You see their NGO, Education, Media, have deteriorated to this level. To turn around around require the entire population and time to change. So sad for them as we grew together with them. Hope Singapore learn a big lesson from this episode. 

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

This time around HK is totally naked. You see their NGO, Education, Media, have deteriorated to this level. To turn around around require the entire population and time to change. So sad for them as we grew together with them. Hope Singapore learn a big lesson from this episode. 

Actually more than that.  Early 2019 all was peaceful.   In fact my Hong Kong friend even told me Hong Kongers are very "xian shi" or practical people and wont thrash their own economy.   That was just in July but just a few days before the sit in at airport.  Now he has left Hong Kong and cannot say if it will get better pr worse......

So Singapore should learn from this.  And that things can change very very fast.

I would like to share a story I think I told before.

During the three kingdom's era, zhuge liang was pursued by sima yi.  Zhuge Liang was in a city.  He evacuated the soldiers, opened the gate while sitting at the top of the gates smiling at sima yi.   Sima yi could see the villagers in the city through the open doors.  They were living life as per normal.  So he suspected a trap and retreated.  This was the "empty city strategy".

The point of this story is Hong Kong has been called on this strategy.  Prior to this unrest, people thought that business, education, judiciary, legislative and such were strong in Hong Kong.   Yea there are faults but it is stable.  Some protestors just started the protest and it kept snowballing and suddenly, it seems like everything was just a facade.  It's like what would happen if sima yi had advanced into the city instead of retreating.

Singapore is a bit like that.  We have citizens who know when or when not to test the boundary.  But we cannot say this is a perpetual fact.  Some may one day test the system and I hope if they do, they dont find an empty city as well.

• Praise 1

On 8/27/2019 at 6:01 PM, Davidtch said:

Nowadays, all police on operation don’t wear warrant card and police number. This is a clear violation of police regulation.

Flip side:

The press was focusing on police ID cards and numbers early on during the protests, leading trolls to find their names and detail, post online and attack their families.

• Praise 2

Wonder why the media is always in front of police impeding them from doing 5heir work and not infront of the rioters so that they cannot cause damages or harm public? Very strange media or they are just part of the riots?

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Actually more than that.  Early 2019 all was peaceful.   In fact my Hong Kong friend even told me Hong Kongers are very "xian shi" or practical people and wont thrash their own economy.   That was just in July but just a few days before the sit in at airport.  Now he has left Hong Kong and cannot say if it will get better pr worse......

So Singapore should learn from this.  And that things can change very very fast.

I would like to share a story I think I told before.

During the three kingdom's era, zhuge liang was pursued by sima yi.  Zhuge Liang was in a city.  He evacuated the soldiers, opened the gate while sitting at the top of the gates smiling at sima yi.   Sima yi could see the villagers in the city through the open doors.  They were living life as per normal.  So he suspected a trap and retreated.  This was the "empty city strategy".

The point of this story is Hong Kong has been called on this strategy.  Prior to this unrest, people thought that business, education, judiciary, legislative and such were strong in Hong Kong.   Yea there are faults but it is stable.  Some protestors just started the protest and it kept snowballing and suddenly, it seems like everything was just a facade.  It's like what would happen if sima yi had advanced into the city instead of retreating.

Singapore is a bit like that.  We have citizens who know when or when not to test the boundary.  But we cannot say this is a perpetual fact.  Some may one day test the system and I hope if they do, they dont find an empty city as well.

Any nation is vulnerable to internal unrest. Institutions can be built up and also quickly dismantled if there's a "revolution".

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

Wonder why the media is always in front of police impeding them from doing 5heir work and not infront of the rioters so that they cannot cause damages or harm public? Very strange media or they are just part of the riots?

They are, generally, more on the side of the protestors, so led to last week's protest against RTHK, the government owned broadcaster, for also being bias...towards the protestors. My wife watched the HKPF press conference most days, and the quality of questioning is questionable, amateur and laughable at best but a sad indictment on valid investigative journalism to get to the truth from HKPF.

The HKPF are in a tough position, and I believe doing the best any group of under-pressure humans can do.

• Praise 1

On 8/28/2019 at 12:17 PM, Mustank said:

Please go and support Taiwan mei meis.

😀

Image result for taiwan betel nut sellers

• Praise 2

On 8/28/2019 at 5:31 PM, Lava said:

So unfair.

Should capture all the protesters and take them to China and charge them in a China court.

You see if the China judges will play with them or not.

Lousy Hong Kong judges.

Charge them in China courts and then they know. 👍

😀

• Praise 2

I hope Beijing bans PRC from Japan too and not just Taiwan.

I want to go Japan holiday and don't want to see any PRCs.

😀

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2