Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

12 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Who has the bigger gun talks. Law is set by the guy with the biggest barrel.

You want HK to be independent? then someone needs to take up arms, hide in jungle and start an uprising - and prepare to face the PLA with real bullets.

No balls or guns, then go back home... and play by the rules set.

You know you just described how this is not about law about all.. 

↡ Advertisement

I am pretty surprise that many are rudely shocked by what is happening in China with regards to missing persons due to political reasons.

If you think it is bad, wait till you read about Russia. The reason why Russia is NOT in the lime line is because it is NOT trying or ever going to be No 1 Super Power anytime soon. 

USA are doing similar and even worse because of their long history, recall CIA and other covert activities.

I am just being impartial.

In the last 100 or 200 years, China had never shot a single bullet or drop any bomb in another sovereign country BUT the USA had dropped at least 30,000 bombs on foreign soil.

USA - violated the sovereignty of Iraq leading to devastation of her people, killing thousands (country unable to provide medical and sanitation) even today with many suffering from the after math of the "fake" reason for invasion.

USA - different country progress differently, USA a developed country while China is still a developing country, how to compare. Don't forget USA had slavery not just from Continent of Africa but also slavery involving Chinese. Do remember there are racial issues even today the white supremacy and etc. 

USA - a war mongering country - without which their GDP would plunge with poor sales of their military weapons. China is smarter bringing progress and development to countries she visit and become involved.

Locally, Singapore, speak to those who are still exile outside Singapore for holding different political opinions. Those released from detention without trial for decades, you must sure know it is not Nelson Mandela who had the long servicing record as a political prisoner, it is one of ours in Singapore. The authorities should come clean and if they made a mistake or not, let the mature citizens know and then move forward.

Don't be bias by Western news media.

• Praise 6

14 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

I am pretty surprise that many are rudely shocked by what is happening in China with regards to missing persons due to political reasons.

If you think it is bad, wait till you read about Russia. The reason why Russia is NOT in the lime line is because it is NOT trying or ever going to be No 1 Super Power anytime soon. 

USA are doing similar and even worse because of their long history, recall CIA and other covert activities.

I am just being impartial.

In the last 100 or 200 years, China had never shot a single bullet or drop any bomb in another sovereign country BUT the USA had dropped at least 30,000 bombs on foreign soil.

USA - violated the sovereignty of Iraq leading to devastation of her people, killing thousands (country unable to provide medical and sanitation) even today with many suffering from the after math of the "fake" reason for invasion.

USA - different country progress differently, USA a developed country while China is still a developing country, how to compare. Don't forget USA had slavery not just from Continent of Africa but also slavery involving Chinese. Do remember there are racial issues even today the white supremacy and etc. 

USA - a war mongering country - without which their GDP would plunge with poor sales of their military weapons. China is smarter bringing progress and development to countries she visit and become involved.

Locally, Singapore, speak to those who are still exile outside Singapore for holding different political opinions. Those released from detention without trial for decades, you must sure know it is not Nelson Mandela who had the long servicing record as a political prisoner, it is one of ours in Singapore. The authorities should come clean and if they made a mistake or not, let the mature citizens know and then move forward.

Don't be bias by Western news media.

To add on, there is actually not much freedom even in USA with regards to free speech.  My observation there is people practice a lot of self censorship over there.  And their priorities are different.

In America you are free to scold the political leaders - and people consider this to be freedom.  Comment wrongly regarding race or sexual orientation issues and you are in big big trouble.  So there are lots of things you cant say even in america.  It's just that we value the right to criticise the political leaders and we take that as freedom of speech, conveniently forgetting there are other OB markers.

In China and Russia people can disappear without a trace. In USA?  I dont know but they still have Guantanamo bay to house "dangerous criminals" which is beyond normal legal oversight.  So who knows actually?

Every country has its problems.  I just find westerners very double standard.  One standard for them but another standard for others.  

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Ash2017 said:

In the last 100 or 200 years, China had never shot a single bullet or drop any bomb in another sovereign country 

China in the Vietnam War https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_in_the_Vietnam_War

China intervenes in Korean War https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War#China_intervenes_(October–December_1950)

Sino-soviet border conflict https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_border_conflict#Western_border:_Xinjiang_(1969)

Sino-indian war https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Indian_War

Edited by Odyssey2011
  • Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

China in the Vietnam War https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_in_the_Vietnam_War 

China intervenes in Korean War https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War#China_intervenes_(October–December_1950)

Sino-soviet border conflict https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_border_conflict#Western_border:_Xinjiang_(1969)

Sino-indian war https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Indian_War

Sino-Indian War

Appreciate if you read before you quote and post.

There is clear difference between assisting providing eg money to your friend versus you yourself go and whack the enemy yourself

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

China did shot a single bullet in another sovereign country.

http://www.china.org.cn/china/2010-06/28/content_20365659.htm

A total of 180,000 Chinese soldiers were killed while they fought with North Korea against US aggression in the early 1950s, a Chinese major general said ahead of the 60th anniversary of the Korean War, which fell last Friday.

I think you missed the point, China did not ever shot a single shot as an aggressor. 

As I mentioned previously, please read carefully before posting. I do not have time to reply. I am arranging sending off party for Radx and friends. Already a bit late. I still want to be the caterer next year as I am not sure if business would be bad or good.

• Praise 2

permit or no permit

allow or not allow

song or beh song

black shirt do what they like ... where they want ... when they song on weekends!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

It was so peaceful but don't know why got fire. Someone smoke lah. Just another day for hkers. 

news reported there is always 20% “hardcore protesters”

who believe no “violence” no talk .... 

8 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

It was so peaceful but don't know why got fire. Someone smoke lah. Just another day for hkers. 

Must be police playing with fire. Protesters very peaceful and innocent one. Petrol bomb also undercover police throw one

• Praise 2

There was a blooper clip in last weekend’s face off in the street...one anti riot polis fired a tear gas only to land right in between his comrades and the rioters. 

I rewinded a few times to find out how that’s possible...then went frame by frame only to see how he misfired the shot and hit the helmet of his mate in front of him.🤣🤣🤣 bobo firer spotted...

• Praise 2

26 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Must be police playing with fire. Protesters very peaceful and innocent one. Petrol bomb also undercover police throw one

Maybe somebody charging PMD ?

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

38 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Not surprising since everyone (polices & rioters) is in mask.

Rem the 10 policeman who incite riot.  Once police riot, they immediately catch.

14 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

There was a blooper clip in last weekend’s face off in the street...one anti riot polis fired a tear gas only to land right in between his comrades and the rioters. 

I rewinded a few times to find out how that’s possible...then went frame by frame only to see how he misfired the shot and hit the helmet of his mate in front of him.🤣🤣🤣 bobo firer spotted...

Last week, police was facing the wind.  Once tear gas was fired, tear gas blew back to them.

This afternoon, i saw photo of rioter threw smoking tear gas cannister into PLA barrack.

↡ Advertisement