Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

And the best thing if she changes career to be a head mistress she wouldn't have to buy any new clothes or change her hairstyle. 

It's just perfect now. 

:D

↡ Advertisement

28 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

if we could give benefit of doubts to CL ... perhaps she is a very smart woman who can lead 

but the problem is she got no power ... 

when a reporter asked her the question about the bill 

she cannot answer Yes

she cannot answer No

The chief is smart...  prefer stays hiding behind ... Poor CL, a puppet like sacrifice goat.

16 minutes ago, Showster said:

I can’t believe the sheer number of rookie mistakes she made.

First, we will not retract.

Second, we will not negotiate.

Third, we retract the treaty.

Fourth, let’s negotiate please.

Fifth, I will not quit.

Sixth, I can’t quit if I want to.

Seventh, ...

You know where I am going right?

We know...

少女时代, 老女时代  

same same 爱咋咋地。。。

FA8BB0E2-C685-47D9-800B-5981AE2D892E.jpeg

• Praise 1

38 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

if we could give benefit of doubts to CL ... perhaps she is a very smart woman who can lead

she cannot answer Yes

she cannot answer No

she cannot answer Okay, we will consider 

she can only say what is "pre-allowed" .... so how?

she would if she could says it all .... 

2019-09-03_114232.jpg

Nothing is impossible. 

Think positive

You can do it. 

We all support you. 

Procrastination is the thief of time. 

Time is of the essence. 

Strike while the iron is hot. 

Just do it. 

Be the change you want to see. 

Don't hesitate. 

You can do anything. 

Do it for the stock market. 

Just try lah. 

Don't try don't know. 

Nothing ventured nothing gain. 

It's easier than you think. 

• Praise 1

You all here can criticise poor Carry all you want but I will say the one good quality she has. 

I really like to see the back of her. 

and for perverts I don't mean her posterior. In case Ash is wondering. 

Edited by Jamesc

35 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

you think she can quit like that ... just tender resignation letter? [laugh] 

well... if she herself afraid kenna extradited.... then 🙄

40 minutes ago, Showster said:

Yes, what she is saying acknowledges the primary reason that protestors are protesting about - lack of true autonomy.

Why can’t someone quit if she really wants to?

I think you need to consider that the CE if Hongkong is placed there by Beijing and you cannot apply normal singapore standards there.  You dont simply resign if they dont let you do so.

You might say just walk away.  What can happen?

China might have threatened that if she resigned, it means the govt cannot handle the situation.  Therefore the PLA and PAP will come in shooting.  And they will blame it on her cos they were forced to do so since she has proven the govt has failed.  And they appoint a harsher CE.  So people died, she still gets blamed, and situation is now worse for all.  So what benefit is there for her to quit?  Not even a clear conscience cos all deaths are now pinned on her by China, fellow Hong Kongers and maybe even the rest of the world cos the alternative is to blame china and lose the  business.

Of cos things might be different.  But you are playing for very high stakes here.

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

she cannot answer Yes

she cannot answer No

she cannot answer Okay, we will consider 

she can only say what is "pre-allowed" .... so how?

she would if she could says it all .... 

2019-09-03_114232.jpg

Lets make her dream come true. 

I hope every one can support her. 

Let's all get behind her and give her the push she needs. 

• Praise 1

42 minutes ago, Showster said:

I can’t believe the sheer number of rookie mistakes she made.

First, we will not retract.

Second, we will not negotiate.

Third, we retract the treaty.

Fourth, let’s negotiate please.

Fifth, I will not quit.

Sixth, I can’t quit if I want to.

Seventh, ...

You know where I am going right?

It’s not a treaty.

It is amendment bill for Fugitive Offenders Ordinance.

Technically, it’s still on Legco Gazette.

22 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I think you need to consider that the CE if Hongkong is placed there by Beijing and you cannot apply normal singapore standards there.  You dont simply resign if they dont let you do so.

While I agree with you, I have to say I found it highly amusing that anyone could ever use "normal" and "Singapore" together in a political context. 

The fact that you did (and that it sorta makes sense) just shows had badly off HK is (and by implication, how bad China is). Their politics is so terrible that it can actually normalise our own. 

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

While I agree with you, I have to say I found it highly amusing that anyone could ever use "normal" and "Singapore" together in a political context. 

The fact that you did (and that it sorta makes sense) just shows had badly off HK is (and by implication, how bad China is). Their politics is so terrible that it can actually normalise our own. 

That’s why PRC every year sent officials to learn from us.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

That’s why PRC every year sent officials to learn from us.

hahahaha 

are you saying we are same same but difference ? [laugh] 

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, Davidtch said:

Hearsay there is tight security including checking for any recording devices.

This is another hearsay. She don’t listen to advice. When her “cabinet” give feedback, Kenna f upside down. This is what happens now.

Haha this could be rumors released by her cabinet members to say that it's her fault also. 

• Praise 2

45 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

As far as system go.. for a start.  I cannot see xi having his spouse put in charge of China's huge wealth. 🙄

And as far as people and civil society go.. they have more dissenting voices than we have.. not because we have less problems,  but because of climate of fear of speaking up seem bigger here. 

So,  I'm not sure we are actually the "normal" one.. we may actually be behind China even.. at the very least.. we are no real better than the PRCs so many would take offence at being likened to.

3 minutes ago, Playtime said:

As far as system go.. for a start.  I cannot see xi having his spouse put in charge of China's huge wealth. 🙄

And as far as people and civil society go.. they have more dissenting voices than we have.. not because we have less problems,  but because of climate of fear of speaking up seem bigger here. 

So,  I'm not sure we are actually the "normal" one.. we may actually be behind China even.. at the very least.. we are no real better than the PRCs so many would take offence at being likened to.

Don't like. Jump ship lor. Withdraw all your money. Take the next flight out. 

In China, u can take the flight out. But u cant take your money out. Lol unless u use shadowy means. 

Fear of speaking up is greater here? Come on. The very fact you are saying it on a forum here won't be allowed in China except in a very very obtuse manner. 

• Praise 3

13 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Don't like. Jump ship lor. Withdraw all your money. Take the next flight out. 

In China, u can take the flight out. But u cant take your money out. Lol unless u use shadowy means. 

Fear of speaking up is greater here? Come on. The very fact you are saying it on a forum here won't be allowed in China except in a very very obtuse manner. 

I posted a msg here to check whether wechat is linked to FB. Mine was done without me knowing it.

I don’t dare to post it in wechat. Scare Kenna banned. 

53 minutes ago, Playtime said:

I don't think so. We're still better off than they are, as @Lala81 points out. For the moment at least. Signs like the libel threat against a particular non mainstream media outlet editor are very worrisome. I very much fear we're on an extremely slippery slope. There is only one democratic way for a loyal citizen to express his or her dissatisfaction with what's happening with this country, and we should aim to exercise that right to full advantage lest we end up in the plight the unfortunate HKers find themselves in. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1