HK stock market collapse already? 

Hope collapse faster

Then can go and buy cheap shares. 

:D

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Have circle of friends in China and informed that currently, the sales of US made vehicles have plunged....   [sweatdrop]

That's trade war, not related to HK and the protests.

Auto sales from EU also plunged in China.

18 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Have circle of friends in China and informed that currently, the sales of US made vehicles have plunged....   [sweatdrop]

Yah lah RMB fall to the lowest level in history.  

Cannot afford to buy any foreign products not only from USA. 

China tourists stop going to Bali end Phuket also.

They all really no money to spend now.

So many factories close in China and people have no jobs.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

35 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

I think DT had mentioned before to include HK as part of trade negotiation.

In addition, with passing of Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act, the overstretching US law can do more damage to China indirectly.

What so special about Hong Kong is that United States-Hong Kong Policy Act of 1992 allows Hong Kong to be treated differently from PRC.

Even if he want to include, also need PRC to agree lor. Doubt PRC will ever agree to it. It is their internal affairs.

I don't know what's in the ACT and what can US do to impose their own Act to another country. I am just a simple person eating popcorn, watching the show and commenting whatever i feel like.

To me, this is just like setting a rules in my house to decide what my neighbour next door can do. Like I set a rule in my house to decide my neighbour cannot discipline their kids. If they disobey my rule I will do something to inconvenience them. 

I call this busybody. Eat full, nothing to do, go around shitting.

Edited by Sx4falcon

36 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

I think DT had mentioned before to include HK as part of trade negotiation.

In addition, with passing of Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act, the overstretching US law can do more damage to China indirectly.

What so special about Hong Kong is that United States-Hong Kong Policy Act of 1992 allows Hong Kong to be treated differently from PRC.

If DT can’t be bothered about Puerto Rico which is a US territory, what do you think about Hong Kong’s chances?

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

Even if he want to include, also need PRC to agree lor. Doubt PRC will ever agree to it. It is their internal affairs.

I don't know what's in the ACT and what can US do to impose their own Act to another country. I am just a simple person eating popcorn, watching the show and commenting whatever i feel like.

To me, this is just like setting a rules in my house to decide what my neighbour next door can do. Like I set a rule in my house to decide my neighbour cannot discipline their kids. If they disobey my rule I will do something to inconvenience them. 

I call this busybody. Eat full, nothing to do, go around shitting.

There are US law which affects Singapore like Foreign Corrupt Practice Act.

8 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

If DT can’t be bothered about Puerto Rico which is a US territory, what do you think about Hong Kong’s chances?

HK is important to PRC.

Puerto Rico important to US?

26 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

HK is important to PRC.

Puerto Rico important to US?

I read some comments on quora ... 

One of the comments I read was that China has been developing shenzhen and shanghai to replace hkg for some time already. So hkg can be considered just a pawn on the chess board to China. Have don't have also nvmd. 

**not I say one hor... I just chanced upon it on my feeds.**

• Praise 1

Aiyo, why got people think so highly of US and you really think they are still in the position to tell everybody what to to do today? Maybe Britain,  Japan and Taiwan are the few that still obediently do.

The world is changing and money talks. Did US really care about treaty and what they signed especially with DT? Now US is not friendly with so many countries and economy is so bad, without their weapons, they are gone. It is like a drowning man clinging to the straw but they do managed to hold on to some pieces of wood lah.

• Praise 2

14 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

One of the comments I read was that China has been developing shenzhen and shanghai to replace hkg for some time already. So hkg can be considered just a pawn on the chess board to China. Have don't have also nvmd. 

Watch this short video. Maybe its biased, but it has a point.

It explains why none of the other up and rising cities can never replace hong kong, and why they are lacking, basically it is the 6 freedoms.

This nonsense have been going on far too long. 

Why isn't Carrie Lam doing anything. 

I think she don't know what to do. 

Any one else think so? 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

Beijing started Shanghai FTZ at Waigaoqiao in 2013.  It is not flying yet.

Free flow of RMB is 1 of the major hindrance.

Currently, the biggest centre for CNH is Hong Kong, which is 70% of CNH in circulation.

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

Aiyo, why got people think so highly of US and you really think they are still in the position to tell everybody what to to do today? Maybe Britain,  Japan and Taiwan are the few that still obediently do.

The world is changing and money talks. Did US really care about treaty and what they signed especially with DT? Now US is not friendly with so many countries and economy is so bad, without their weapons, they are gone. It is like a drowning man clinging to the straw but they do managed to hold on to some pieces of wood lah.

Don't talk so much hor.

How many companies in Singapore has to comply to the likes of FATCA, FCPA?

Keppel Brazil corruption blown up because of FCPA.

2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

HK stock market collapse already? 

Hope collapse faster

Then can go and buy cheap shares. 

Go in then company close down, jin song haha

maybe ask ur MIL buy first

• Praise 2

Secondary school students skip class to protest

i mean at such age, did they really know politics well or they are just influenced? 

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kong-school-students-form-human-chain-after-weekend-of-protests?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=STFB&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1567995540

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1