Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

31 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

Solving the underlying issues takes time.

If the protests don't stop, nobody have time to solve the issues.

If nobody have time to solve the issues, the issues remain unsolved.

If issues remain unsolved, then protests don't stop.

Go back to 1st If. This become infinite loop.

If i got a solution, i might not be sitting here TCSS.

A simple solution for me is stop mobilising any police.

I know it's a crazy idea.

Just look at how the situation has developed.

Any hardening stance taken by HKPF is retaliated with more guerrilla-style riot.

Does it help the situation?

Beijing needs to get a politician to be CE and not some lackey who takes order.

↡ Advertisement

One of the toughest problem to solve is housing. With a long history of high property prices, it will be very expensive for the gov to:-
- acquire land
-  to fund housing projects

- make properties affordable and making sure current homeowners owners do not suffer too much losses  

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

If i got a solution, i might not be sitting here TCSS.

A simple solution for me is stop mobilising any police.

I know it's a crazy idea.

Just look at how the situation has developed.

Any hardening stance taken by HKPF is retaliated with more guerrilla-style riot.

Does it help the situation?

Beijing needs to get a politician to be CE and not some lackey who takes order.

Beijing will only get someone that's pro-beijing to be the CE. He will still takes order from beijing. What diff does it make?

Protesters wanted their CE to be elected by the people which is impossible in the first place.

Still dead lock.

10 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

One of the toughest problem to solve is housing. With a long history of high property prices, it will be very expensive for the gov to:-
- acquire land

- make properties affordable and making sure current homeowners owners do not suffer too much losses  

I wrote a simple solution previously.

Will pro-beijing/business community legco member approves it?

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

Beijing will only get someone that's pro-beijing to be the CE. He will still takes order from beijing. What diff does it make?

Protesters wanted their CE to be elected by the people which is impossible in the first place.

Still dead lock.

Beijing has to recognise that there is a vast difference in governing an open and a closed society.

In mainland PRC, once Great firewall is up, nothing can escape it.  During critical time, the most powderful VPN also fail.

On the other hand, HK is even more open than US of A.  The American way also will not work in HK.

When the 50 years is up, very likely it will be further extended.  CNY and CNH will continue to exist concurrently.

CNY will continue to be controlled due to continued massive outflow.

1 minute ago, Davidtch said:

Beijing has to recognise that there is a vast difference in governing an open and a closed society.

In mainland PRC, once Great firewall is up, nothing can escape it.  During critical time, the most powderful VPN also fail.

On the other hand, HK is even more open than US of A.  The American way also will not work in HK.

When the 50 years is up, very likely it will be further extended.  CNY and CNH will continue to exist concurrently.

CNY will continue to be controlled due to continued massive outflow.

Will Beijing allow HK to continue to be open society? Don't think so. It is just a matter of time. 

They will never allow another Taiwan.

• Praise 1

37 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

- acquire land

Once there will be cheaper housing for everyone, property price will eventually drop and they will still hit the street because u cant appease everyone

• Praise 3

7 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Once there will be cheaper housing for everyone, property price will eventually drop and they will still hit the street because u cant appease everyone

Protest is in their blood. Even if no issues, they will still go out to protest.

Protest against no issues. Protest against no protest. Haha...

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

24 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

Will Beijing allow HK to continue to be open society? Don't think so. It is just a matter of time. 

They will never allow another Taiwan.

China can change too much of status quo.  It is against their interest.

China is mindful of US HK relation act.

Taiwan is never in the equation here as ROC a country.  HK is not a country.

HK was a colony of British.

HK is SAR of China.

15 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

Protest is in their blood. Even if no issues, they will still go out to protest.

Protest against no issues. Protest against no protest. Haha...

That's true.

Look at the number of protest in 20th century.

1925/26 Conton-HK riot

1967 leftist riot

1977 police riot

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

Side track abit. Recently during a student exchange programme sharing by a vendor, he mentioned that subscribers of local telco overseas data roaming services can bypass China's firewall thus allowing the banned apps like Gmail and Google map to work normally. My girl proved that with subscribed Singtel data roaming service. So there is still a way haha.

15 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Side track abit. Recently during a student exchange programme sharing by a vendor, he mentioned that subscribers of local telco overseas data roaming services can bypass China's firewall thus allowing the banned apps like Gmail and Google map to work normally. My girl proved that with subscribed Singtel data roaming service. So there is still a way haha.

That’s a well known bypass.

If your kid has wechat, better check whether it’s linked to FB (I know kids nowadays don’t use FB).

There is Singaporean student in China group call OSG.

https://www.facebook.com/overseasSG/

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 1

I think for people who kept thinking china will stay status quo while the world changed need to think again. But to expect china to change immediately and accept whatever thrown at them, it is impossible and suicidal for them. It will cost millions of life.

HK will be forever be part of china. This is not going to change. So, if anyone expects they will be different and 1.4  billion people to agree. Not only that 1.4 people in china, will people in Asia agree too because it is going to affect them too. Do we aisan want to be back to the colonised days? For the rioters, they either run if they could or hide now. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

I think for people who kept thinking china will stay status quo while the world changed need to think again. But to expect china to change immediately and accept whatever thrown at them, it is impossible and suicidal for them. It will cost millions of life.

HK will be forever be part of china. This is not going to change. So, if anyone expects they will be different and 1.4  billion people to agree. Not only that 1.4 people in china, will people in Asia agree too because it is going to affect them too. Do we aisan want to be back to the colonised days? For the rioters, they either run if they could or hide now. 

The AMDK or banana-skin commentators will lament that HK used to be so free, can talk anything, can read anything, now "freedoms eroding".

But reality is that all these old HK characteristics will end and become zero in 2047. Any person with a brain in HK will know they need to prepare and adapt to it slowly by assimilating to the mainland.

If really hate it, then have to migrate to holy land like U.S.A to become 2nd class citizens.

Since there is an entire batch of a few million china-haters now in HK, my prediction is that China will cut-off this area, starve it to death economically to eliminate this group of people. Then reborn with a new batch of immigrants from mainland.

• Praise 2

James, being thinking about 人人有企屋  idea you espoused. And those silly people flying the red white and blue. 

A person with autism or asperger's would never appreciate their mother. To them their mother is akin to a drawer where candy is kept, when these people want it, they activate it.  This apparent lack of  human respect seem to be AI, cold and inhuman.

Unless the protesters plan to change China PRC into a pseudo Russian democratic system, they will not get what they want. Meaning a security guard as the face of the Presidency with a commitee behind it to ensure the safety of Mother Russia.

CCP is not even ready to entertain the KMT to recruit party members in China. If the 中国国民党 does not have China members then it does not live up to its name...

There are many ways to solve the hong kong problem, how do you calm an autistic tantrum?

Back to the property thing, why should ccp assist or even allow hkg have a good residwntial program when they (the autistic hkgers) are everready to leave.

Moral of the story, when you take back your children after being fostered, they are no longer yours.

What ccp can do humanely is to promote the emptying of hong kong behind the scenes and redevelop after quietly and efficiently.

鬼叫你自闭, 没人帮, 还用你去害你老老母。

↡ Advertisement