Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

1 hour ago, t0y0ta said:

I can take out an advert and say the advert represent all men age between 10-50....

Feels like someone spending CIA budget

When are you taking out that advert?

Must put names of signatories.

Mind you, this is not Apple Daily.  So, it is not paid by 肥佬黎.

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

秀才遇到兵 is like that one, thats why sometimes, you need someone with an iron fist to get the job done. 

everything go by the book, end up get eaten by the book. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Please tell SPF.

🤭

6 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

When are you taking out that advert?

Must put names of signatories.

Mind you, this is not Apple Daily.  So, it is not paid by 肥佬黎.

How many names were there? Is it a good representation of the whole HK medical professionals?

4 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

How many names were there? Is it a good representation of the whole HK medical professionals?

What is good representation of HK medical professionals?

I did not count.  No idea.

Previously, there was a similar ad posted by 屯門hospital medical personnel

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

What is good representation of HK medical professionals?

I did not count.  No idea.

Previously, there was a similar ad posted by 屯門hospital medical personnel

If the number is at least 30-40%, then it can consider as good representation. The number of healthcare professionals as at end of 2016 is about 100K. I guess now should be higher.

image.thumb.png.e78baf9846e1240c584ff7799b22f22d.png

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

I am not following the hk forums. Curious if anybody calling for the property tycoons to donate their landbanks or sell them cheaply to the government for redistribution back to the hk people yet? They have benefitted so much from this unfair practice over the years, and this housing being one of the fundamental issues that push the people out to protest. To me they stuck out like sore thumbs yet seems like no one is tossing them into the pan to fry.

If I am a property tycoon in hk, I will, with great urgency, either donate the remaining landbank to the government or sell them cheaply to avoid being a prime target come 2047, or quietly move my asets out of hk and run road soon after. I do not predict good ending for the tycoons if they are to hang around after 2047 if they not doing anything with their wealth or assets.

• Praise 3

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/hong-kong-economy/article/3027064/hong-kong-developers-who-are-hoarding-land-profit?utm_content=article&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1568362163

Hong Kong developers who are ‘hoarding land for profit’ should have it seized by government, says article in Beijing mouthpiece People’s Daily

@HeartlanderThis should answer your question liao

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Thanks for the fast reply. But this is from official Beijing mouthpiece, I am wondering how the ordinary hk citizens feel about the tycoons. Are they standing with them despite knowing that they have a important role to play resulting in current shithole? Now they just focusing on hkpf but the tycoons are one of the main culprit in the sense and should be harassed accordingly.

After reading the article, I find it made sense and the property tycoons really have a lot to worry now, maybe breaking into cold sweat. For sure, the future in hk does not look bright for them even in near future, no need to wait till 2047. CL will be pressured to act fast and might even be forced to do the dirty act on behalf of CCP to invoke the LRO to recover the rural landbanks to build houses. That is by legal means, no less.

Edited by Heartlander
Added last senstence.
  • Praise 1

1 minute ago, Heartlander said:

Thanks for the fast reply. But this is from official Beijing mouthpiece, I am wondering how the ordinary hk citizens feel about the tycoons. Are they standing with them despite knowing that they have a important role to play resulting in current shithole? Now they just focusing on hkpf but the tycoons are one of the main culprit in the sense and should be harassed accordingly.

Based on what i had read, ppl primary grief is against the govt.

There are legislative tools that govt can enact like our land premium.

• Praise 1

CL miraculously got a solution to HK deadly housing issues?

this means demonstrations and disruptions and shouting DLLM do work to push govt to solve problem? [laugh]

2019-09-13_173329.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

1 hour ago, Hoseyboh said:

Father can forsee future, son only knows how to talk about pork rib soup in China...

https://itahanyouverylongalready.wordpress.com/

Screenshot_20190913-183425_Samsung Internet~2.jpg

Fantastic article.

Thank u very much for sharing. 

The young in HK have so much to lose if they continue with senseless protests and robbing themselves of US$445 Billions in reserves saved over donkey years thru sheer hard work by their parents, grandparents and forefathers. History is never useless or irrelevant to those who are wise and strong.

Appreciate the insights shared by the author. 

Safe ride and restful, peaceful weekend to all. Dun take for granted.

Cheers

• Praise 2