Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

57 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kong-protester-shot-in-the-chest-by-a-live-round-media

If really life and death situation, in self defense, that shot is warranted.

Who knows what's in the hand of the attacker to solicit such a response from the policeman. If dead, that policeman is also human and fellow HKer. His life is no less precious than the attacker's.

Saw lots of warnings given plus black flag raised to indicate heaven's tear coming down soon.

Nonetheless, hope he will recover and had time to do deep reflection.

Just yada-ing 

You are yada-ing here the HK youth yolo-ing there like no tomorrow 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

15 minutes ago, bsswan said:

I have a couple of friends in HKPF and I'm heading over about 5wks from now. Been helping them recently to work out education options for their daughter, out of HK.

The guy shot by police, Form Five high school only. That's a burden to endure.

Indeed.

In such a chaotic situation and with masks on, violence is no respector of persons, age or gender or whatever. 

But yes, too young to shoulder burdens of grown ups and not the place to be in the first place.

Hope he will recover soon. And seriously have time to reconsider options available to one his age. If future is truly in one's hands, then one can find a peaceful and meaningful way to create that path. This path of violence is not his or HKers.

Just my tots 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

You are yada-ing here the HK youth yolo-ing there like no tomorrow 

Haiz.

All of us are. All clueless foreigners. Welcome.

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

I wonder who would like to volunteer to be in the place of this police who fire the shot looking at the video. He/she still has plenty of chance to do this job. Try being surrounded with heavily armed rioters and being hit. Even if killed, you get a flag over your coffin. If you want to riot, be prepared. 

Do you know why HKPF always have more candidate application than available slot?

This is a politIcal crisis that should have been solved politically rather than sacrificing HKPF.

Maybe HKPF just following XBB advice: 鬥爭再鬥爭

10 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

tiananmen-square.jpg

Atb!!! 

Discharge their own weapon is ok.

If she help you discharge your weapon, charge you $50 ...

48 minutes ago, bsswan said:

I have a couple of friends in HKPF and I'm heading over about 5wks from now. Been helping them recently to work out education options for their daughter, out of HK.

The guy shot by police, Form Five high school only. That's a burden to endure.

That's what? 17?

18 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Do you know why HKPF always have more candidate application than available slot?

This is a politIcal crisis that should have been solved politically rather than sacrificing HKPF.

Maybe HKPF just following XBB advice: 鬥爭再鬥爭

Please stop saying "political crisis that should have been solved politically".

In current state, how to solve politically? The protesters/riotors are not interested.

You tell me, are ALL the remaining 4 demands reasonable? Will the protester stop even if all the 4 demands were accepted? 

Ask all the HKPF to take 1 month no pay leave and let the rioters burn HK to ashes?

The rioting must stop before anything can be done.

• Praise 2
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

Trying to use metal pipe to strike at the officer who's carrying a firearm. 

I dunno the lead up to this event but can see the officer also bit "shit" reaction. Cos he backed up and wasn't trying to follow up or point it at the poor kid anymore. 

11 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

That's what? 17?

Yes, something like that..... need to feel sorry for the HKPF as well in this circumstance.

5 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Trying to use metal pipe to strike at the officer who's carrying a firearm. 

I dunno the lead up to this event but can see the officer also bit "shit" reaction. Cos he backed up and wasn't trying to follow up or point it at the poor kid anymore. 

Police take out gun point at people that shows he will shoot anytime

that stupid boy think he in movie, use rod to smack police hand so that police lose grip of the gun? 

• Praise 2
  • Angry 1

10 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

Please stop saying "political crisis that should have been solved politically".

In current state, how to solve politically? The protesters/riotors are not interested.

You tell me, are ALL the remaining 4 demands reasonable? Will the protester stop even if all the 4 demands were accepted? 

Ask all the HKPF to take 1 month no pay leave and let the rioters burn HK to ashes?

The rioting must stop before anything can be done.

Does use of HKPF helps?

With the arrest of close to 2,000 ppl, does it help to stop the riot?

2 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Does use of HKPF helps?

With the arrest of close to 2,000 ppl, does it help to stop the riot?

So you are suggesting all HKPF go on 1 month holiday will help?

They had been too nice already. If they had arrested 20,000 people, maybe no more riot now.

• Praise 1

Seems massive ict in progress.

HKP dun wan to hurt rioters but using both live and suppressive ammunition. A bit dumbass.

Maybe, a show by HKP what happens if they use paintball guns ala Gwangju.  Fire into the crowd, back away let skirmishers hold the line. Live ammo far far away like 500metres.

Then publicize to rioters over news that they are dead if they force the HKP hand.

Its like a real life game of airsoft for the rioters per se and the HKP are providing the entertainment as per eunuchs entertaining princelings. The policeman's best weapon is respect, now it is the shield and a thick skin for the HKP.

Dun play the violent games. Dun show up. Or show up reading newspapers and magazines.

Their order is either lethal or non lethal. Its the classical game between parent and child of escalation. You can smack it into submission or wear it out.

Let the rioters tire themselves out, not fun, they wont play anymore. 

Dun so on the ball do the police thing

Must think out of the box.

No limpeh gah li gong, but no, you are not getting what you want even if you pull a hissy fit and die right here. Go ahead. I just stand here and be embarrassed. Its ok.

In the real world, there is wu jian dao, vested interest to escalate it into tiananmen. Especially subdued political factions from the CCP.

I hope Ah yat gor has all his brothers on the level.

1 minute ago, Sx4falcon said:

So you are suggesting all HKPF go on 1 month holiday will help?

They had been too nice already. If they had arrested 20,000 people, maybe no more riot now.

It is alway easy to say arrest 20k ppl.  Does that put unnecessary workload on judicial system?

Maybe your idea is a good idea.  

Some may not like to hear this,

but police also has the right to defend themselves.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9