Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

28 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I find it quite funny - the rioters sabotage the MTR tracks, stations etc and now complain it is not working! 

Next time they will complain ATM no working cos they burn it, or buses not running cos another group has block the the roads.

You know what's funnier?

The protestors are against the MTR because they think the police use it to get around.

The protesters never use the MTR to move like water meh?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 4

14 minutes ago, adrian140180 said:

You know what's funnier?

The protestors are against the MTR because they think the police use it to get around.

The protesters never use the MTR to move like water meh?

Yah that part damn funny but maybe they are right. Police take mrt cos police vehicles all in workshop after kena smashed and petrol bomb

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Vratenza said:

I always say.... If you have the balls to enact a law.... Always make sure you have the capacity and verve to enforce it.....😑 

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/thousands-march-in-hong-kong-despite-ban-on-face-masks-and-the-city-in-lockdown

waiting for some policeman to whack some hijab lady ..... will sure happen.... 

10 hours ago, adrian140180 said:

If you watch carefully, the thrown bin never reaches the ground. That is how many doctored videos are on the net used to discredit real information.

Did you watch the complete footage? Isn't there an orange bin around 30 sec into that video or it was another bin place there later? Why did you think this video was doctored? Interesting to hear from your perspective. 

10 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I find SCMP very pro rioters. These media are the reason why rioters still out there and also having support from the population. 

Publishing an article like this blaming govt and MTR for closing the system. Why nobody use their brain to think that if system remain open, rioters would set more fire at stations, rails and train cars. 

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/politics/article/3031709/hong-kong-protests-many-residents-blame-government-shopping?utm_content=article&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1570286885

You think HKer only read SCMP meh

There are so many news media in HK.

Edited by Davidtch

5 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

You think HKer only read SCMP meh

Scmp is one of them. Add on with fake news spreading hate against police. Do u think its okay for media to fuel hate against police? 

Just now, Thaiyotakamli said:

Scmp is one of them. Add on with fake news spreading hate against police. Do u think its okay for media to fuel hate against police? 

If there is no fire, what to fuel?
so which are 1 that is also spreading hate against police?

14 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

If there is no fire, what to fuel?
so which are 1 that is also spreading hate against police?

U can see the media being biased, posting only how police catching the rioters but failed to show how rioters do damage and attack police. These kind of media reporting doesnt help to stabilise situation but continue to widen gap and trust between police and rioters. 

Also there are so many fake journalists running around, blocking police and assist rioters to do what they want. For example will be that angmoh reporter that closed the class door. 

So problem at hk is not only so called housing and employment but education and media that continue to spread hate against govt esp against china. Creating a separate identity and turned those young rioters into today state. 

7 minutes ago, Boringchap said:

I enjoyed learning new facts.  Saw this on Facebook.  If the facts are wrong, please highlight.

71655300_10157686256986214_8427160841924640768_n.jpg

I saw in taiwan tvbs news that this face mask ban also happened in the west. 

But in any way, those rioters will just make any excuses just to justify their actions. As i said their ever growing demand will not end 

Saw a masked interview of a Postgrad China student studying in HK... He brought up one point that I feel is poignant:

Hong Kong has extradition pacts with 30 other countries around the world.....just not with motherland and closest economical and geographical neighbour China. 

Screenshot_20191006-094436_Chrome.thumb.jpg.949afc0f2075774638bc61da1e8a228d.jpg

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2019-china-hong-kong-extradition-pacts/

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 4

3 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Saw a masked interview of a Postgrad China student studying in HK... He brought up one point that I feel is poignant:

Hong Kong has extradition pacts with 30 other countries around the world.....just not with motherland and closest economical and geographical neighbour China. 

Screenshot_20191006-094436_Chrome.thumb.jpg.949afc0f2075774638bc61da1e8a228d.jpg

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2019-china-hong-kong-extradition-pacts/

I did mention in june or july during first few protests. Its funny that even malaysia have extradition treaty with hk. 

46 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Did you watch the complete footage? Isn't there an orange bin around 30 sec into that video or it was another bin place there later? Why did you think this video was doctored? Interesting to hear from your perspective. 

At 12sec the bin was thrown and magically disappears behind the signboard. From the trajectory, that thrown bin would have been in the middle of the road. At 30seconds the smoke clears and you see the bin at the side of the road. That bin was already there.

• Praise 3