Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

8 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

You should forget about it before replying.

Because when I realised some other of your answers to fellow forumers, for example how the HK police needs to treat the rioters or to do  before getting on with the rioters. I decided to give up and stop here. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

The increase in violence is in tandem with govt reaction.

hard to disagree with this.

Not sure how this brinkmanship will end.

4 minutes ago, Renegade777 said:

Because when I realised some other of your answers to fellow forumers, for example how the HK police needs to treat the rioters or to do  before getting on with the rioters. I decided to give up and stop here. 

That’s based on Police internal SOP hor.

3 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

But didn't work in 1MDB Jho Lo case though he was in HK.... 

somehow i get the impression that china would not want JLO to start talking too much... and maybe also hold him as a chip against malaysia.

while JLO also scare assasination or extradition.. so stay in china.

My neighbourhood got a HK couple wear full black clothes and put on black mask on daily basis going around telling neighbours the HK police murdered the peaceful protesters 😓 it’s a matter of time they might crash with China neighbours 😓

Edited by Dfx16
  • Haha! 2

35 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

That’s based on Police internal SOP hor.

In reality, if followed to the letter, coma and full stop, there will be bodies of HKP to collect.

Till now no dead HKers cos of police action is an admirable feat compared to protests in the western world,  a testament of the extra care taken on the part of HKPF.

Rules are dead, human minds are alive. Mobs of rioters gone bonkers, only a fool will quote SOP and a dead one if choose to follow. Staying alive is more important than following SOPs which offer no way to do so if followed.  Its called self defense.

Hence, the rioters must be treated as rioters. No longer peaceful methods because they heck care the laws. Police are law enforcers. They are not robots. They are just as vulnerable as any human beings.

Choose life not meaningless acts of "bravery". Zeroes aplenty.

Just my tots 

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 2

8 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

In reality, if followed to the letter, coma and full stop, there will be bodies of HKP to collect.

Till now no dead HKers cos of police action is an admirable feat compared to protests in the western world,  a testament of the extra care taken on the part of HKPF.

Rules are dead, human minds are alive. Mobs of rioters gone bonkers, only a fool will quote SOP and a dead one if choose to follow. Staying alive is more important than following SOPs which offer no way to do so if followed.  Its called self defense.

Hence, the rioters must be treated as rioters. No longer peaceful methods because they heck care the laws. Police are law enforcers. They are not robots. They are just as vulnerable as any human beings.

Just my tots 

Safe ride

Cheers

This is political problem that should be resolve politically.

HKPF is merely a helpless hand in resolving a political mess.

If SOP is not to be followed, what’s the point of having an SOP?

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Not questioning the need of SOPs but the timing to use them. Ultimately the HKP have a bigger SOP hanging over all other SOPs. That is, to maintain law and order.

While the political forces are yet to resolve their issues, the HKPF must still carry out their duties.

Like i said, kudos to them for zero death, even when SOPs were not followed under certain circumstances. At the end, they are not punching bags for rioters to let out their frustrations.

Self defense is a SOP too. Those HKPF who discharged their gun followed it. Nothing wrong. They are also someone's son, dad, hubby or brother. And a HKer.

Political issues must be solved politically. Riots must be solved riots way, one cant wait while destruction is underway. SOPs can be overruled if lives are threatened. 

Dun be selective ya. HKPF have my utmost respect. They are forced to be professional as humanely as possible. Not at all easy.

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 3

11 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Riot can be a result of political problem, but Riot itself is not a political problem. Riot must be stopped before anyone can look into resolving the political problem.

SOP is a guide but there are situations that that need to be deviate from the SOP.  书是死的,人是活的。

If everything can follow strictly, then there isn't a need for judge, just let the computers decide everything in court.

• Praise 2

42 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Just my tots 

Safe ride

Cheers

I read got one lao ah pek died at hospital after rioters beat him 

but media wont give a damn. Media care about that reporter and boys tio shot, wishing the boys died then can type more exciting news

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 2
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

Riot can be a result of political problem, but Riot itself is not a political problem. Riot must be stopped before anyone can look into resolving the political problem.

SOP is a guide but there are situations that that need to be deviate from the SOP.  书是死的,人是活的。

If everything can follow strictly, then there isn't a need for judge, just let the computers decide everything in court.

It takes political acumen to stop riot. Not HKPF.

If 書是死的,人是活的,does it mean that we could bend the law if necessary?

I am just questioning our mindset of law by law ho.

53 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

but media wont give a damn. Media care about that reporter and boys tio shot, wishing the boys died then can type more exciting news

This is the best quote I read

”中共展出這麼多飛彈,可能不比上香港一顆子彈”

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Got video being shared. One young woman even used a metal chair to whack his head after he sort of recovered and standing after first round of wacking on the floor. 

• Praise 2
  • Angry 2

14 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

It takes political acumen to stop riot. Not HKPF.

If 書是死的,人是活的,does it mean that we could bend the law if necessary?

I am just questioning our mindset of law by law ho.

The rule of law.

What does it mean?

Are rioters following this? Have they bend it or broken it by their violence?

The HKPF. Are they following rule of law? When they try to maintain law and order, are they bending the law or broken it?

SOPs. These are guidelines and procedures when shxt hits the fan.

When confronted with mobs of rioters who threw petrol bombs, went about with hammers, spears and wrenches. Which SOP of the police applies when a group of them whacked a lone policeman to the ground and he is near death. Which SOP says he is to continue to lie down and be beaten to death?

Political acumen? All behind the scenes. What is known to the rioters in full glory or truth? If its known they are just pieces of chess in hands of political acumen-ful ppl, will they still riot? Being used and later to be discarded?

Facts are riots need to stop. While the politicians are having a bargaining session, HKPF is trying its best to contain damages. And avoid lives lost. They are not nannies. They are not punching bags. Worse, one or more policemen may be confronting a son or a brother in the face off. Cant be easy. 

Come up with NEW demands that focus on immediate or most practical improvements to their lives first. Discard the obsolete 4. 

Make those demands reasonable. U unite the whole nation quicker. Dun blame the HKPF just as u dun want to be labelled as rioters.

Start afresh. Housing is important and something everyone not rich like LKS can identify with. Economic benefits that can be bargained from China to make HK less irrelevant.

Improving lives for as much levels of society, not just youth or students.

Stay under China's 2 system. Its a lifeline in a bad time of world troubles. Democracy cant put a bowl of rice on the table or create a good job.

Haiz

Clueless foreigner thinking how best to milk ccp for HK and HKers. If only they stop getting stuck in meaningless blame games using SOPs and slogans.

Just yada-ing 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Got video being shared. One young woman even used a metal chair to whack his head after he sort of recovered and standing after first round of wacking on the floor. 

Saw that video.

I wonder whose father or son or uncle he was to anyone. Or homeless and estranged. 

The way they attacked him is senseless and cruel, like hitting a dog. A grown old frail man set upon by a mob much much stronger and should have more brains from all that education. 

But no. He must be killed for exercising his democratic and human rights to his own choice. He must be killed so that these can continue to be in denial. Killed by HKers not the HKPF.

Haiz. 

• Praise 2
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Yes that one i shared but not that old man. 

Another old man, skinny one. Kena beaten until pengsan. Main media never report one

↡ Advertisement
  • Angry 3