Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

2 minutes ago, JohnSHL said:

not excusing the crowd's behaviour (esp that loser that went to punch him), but...

to me, he's not much more intelligent than someone that deliberately goes into a lion's enclosure in a zoo to take a closer look at the lions and perhaps take a close up selfie with the kitties.

Isn't he just speaking the truth? Does the Chinese flag not fly in HK? HK is a SAR within china.

He's a man going to work right? 

Anyway the imagery isn't right. They are just hyenas at best [:p]

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Isn't he just speaking the truth? Does the Chinese flag not fly in HK? HK is a SAR within china.

He's a man going to work right? 

Anyway the imagery isn't right. They are just hyenas at best [:p]

correct but there's an appropriate time and place. Saying those words when he's grossly outnumbered shows he didn't assess the situation. Or perhaps he was just taking a stand for what he believed in. Freedom of speech n all...

edit: that's why i mentioned it's an intelligence issue, not a matter of principles.

Edited by JohnSHL
  • Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I don't believe XJP is as weak as he portrays as well. Even LKY is impressed by XJP and knowing the old man ...  it's not fu yan talk.
I think it's good to read about how they interprete chinese official media report and piece some stuff together. 

Don't forget that many of the Taiwan spies in CCP were eradicated after mistakes made by their Presidents in announcing intelligence data. It was estimated at one point most of their major intelligence sources were wiped out. This is corrobated by  ex Taiwanese spies themselves

yup, XJP may not be as strong as he himself wanted now, but definitely very strong, otherwise he would be out already.  Those interpretation of media photos, I think depend on how ppl wants to read into it, but I dont see it that it was telling ppl who they are going after, it is more of telling the rest to stay away from those involve.  However, it is true that every political photo that appear in the media has a message, they dont post a picture for no reason, but those posted by the HK reporters on the riot is  different...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

With how strong XJP is, and how much control he has over the army, I wont be surprise those TW spies are now mostly POWs...[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

HKeee mind really mess up

they keep claiming One Country, Two Systems (they want 2 systems)

but the singular word in the statement is one country ... hk & china = one country

why they want the tail but cut the head? how to survive with a tail when the head is chopped off?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Just now, JohnSHL said:

correct but there's an appropriate time and place. Saying those words when he's grossly outnumbered shows he didn't assess the situation. Or perhaps he was just taking a stand for what he believed in. Freedom of speech n all...

Young man. Angry. Shout a few angry words of defiance.

Old man kana whacked. Also angry. And really kana whacked until now dunno dead or alive. 

Bravery often gets you killed or hurt badly. That's reality. Just like the first man to jump out of the trench and shout charge at the opposing trench.

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

HKeee mind really mess up

they keep claiming One Country, Two Systems (they want 2 systems)

but the singular word in the statement is one country ... hk & china = one country

why they want the tail but cut the head? how to survive with a tail when the head is chopped off?

In the context of 1 country 2 system, there is a vast difference interpretation on both sides.

From PRC perspective, emphasize 1 country.

From HK perspective, emphasize 2 system.

How to reconcile?

8 minutes ago, Beregond said:

some this will say this is politics.

but we agree to disagree even if it bulls.

It goes down to basic empathy. Some people has more empathy while others are born without much of it. Eg is watching this video, most decent humans with reasonable level of empathy will condemn and say this is an atrocious act, regardless of political or religious belief. But I'm sure there'll always some unfortunate few who is able to justify with logical acrobatics on why this is the way it is. Shockingly, there's many such people in HK right now revealing their true nature, either born this way or as a result of their unfortunate conditioning. 

Empathy is one of the great distinction between humans and animals. 

• Praise 5

2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Young man. Angry. Shout a few angry words of defiance.

Old man kana whacked. Also angry. And really kana whacked until now dunno dead or alive. 

Bravery often gets you killed or hurt badly. That's reality. Just like the first man to jump out of the trench and shout charge at the opposing trench.

perhaps that's how the "keyboard warrior" was born - people realise it's easier to comment online (usually anonymously) and give suggestions on solving issues they feel strongly about, but don't actually have to do anything about it.

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Jellandross said:

It goes down to basic empathy. Some people has more empathy while others are born without much of it. Eg is watching this video, most decent humans with reasonable level of empathy will condemn and say this is an atrocious act, regardless of political or religious belief. But I'm sure there'll always some unfortunate few who is able to justify with logical acrobatics on why this is the way it is. Shockingly, there's many such people in HK right now revealing their true nature, either born this way or as a result of their unfortunate conditioning. 

I think these young protesters (should be classified as rioters by now) grew up in very crowded and small home. Then seeing that the housing prices is insane and out of reach, they where  have empathy? Its like the environment that mold them to be like this..

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Jellandross said:

empathy works both ways

empathy for the people in HK whose lives/fortunes are being disrupted by the massive protests/riots, as well as those HKPF who kena hantam by the rioters while trying to quell the protests.

and there's also an issue of empathy for the HKGers (esp the youth?) whose futures seem bleak due to high housing costs and a govt that has not been able to solve their housing crisis. (This however does not justify the level of senseless violence by the rioters)

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

I think these young protesters (should be classified as rioters by now) grew up in very crowded and small home. Then seeing that the housing prices is insane and out of reach, they where  have empathy? Its like the environment that mold them to be like this..

yes I think there are deep-seated issues in HKG that we foreigners may not fully comprehend.

and to make things worse, they have a govt/CE that seems distanced fm the ground situation and have been ignoring some issues while stubbornly trying to push thru new laws that the public object to.

1 minute ago, Yewheng said:

Urbanites typically have less empathy than rural folks. That's one.

That being said, it's not really an excuse.

Protest, even routine vandalism I can understand. Fight against police, sure ... since they are the "supporters of your Oppressors".
Beating up a mouthy old man with a f**king hammer? I mean come on ... that's dog shit low. Not even worth dog shit.

• Praise 6

33 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Look like he is very engross in texting GF or wife by judging from his smile in the 1st few seconds and also holding a gift proberly later going to meet gf/wife to celebrate some happy occasion. That he did not realised that the reporters start to gather around him and took picture of what he typed in the message.

What the.. This is intruding privacy sia. He did nothing wrong just stand there engross in texting gf/wife also kanna crowded and worst still want to take picture of what he type to his gf/wife. Nowonder he so angry and then later shout we all Chinese.. Darn these irritating reporters and protesters.. 

Should ask the entire Shenzhen to Wack the hell out of these young HK farkers .

Edited by No_worries
  • Angry 1