Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

3 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

If hkg is really small fry in the overall China picture, den yes I can foresee them not giving a shite and letting hkg burn themselves down. 

It is very heroic and idealistic to shout "I burn, you burn!" 

But unfortunately, it is not very realistic. You cannot put food on the table with pride. 

For GDP wise HK wasnt important to China, but it need to show the world he will keep it words as a one country two system independent State. I personally dont feel HK is that much as a door to China compared to last time.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

There is an invisible hand behind all these..... 

I have strong suspicion it's the renovation contractors who are reaping millions after every weekend of riots! 

Event organisers working together with renovation contractors? Haha.....

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

15 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

If hkg is really small fry in the overall China picture, den yes I can foresee them not giving a shite and letting hkg burn themselves down. 

It is very heroic and idealistic to shout "I burn, you burn!" 

But unfortunately, it is not very realistic. You cannot put food on the table with pride. 

put food on the table? I bet 80% of them still take money from their parents everyday so that they can go out to fight for their freedom (please dun insult say they were paid ok).

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

18 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I have strong suspicion it's the renovation contractors who are reaping millions after every weekend of riots! 

No la, Is the rich corrupted hkg uncles who scared extradited to China. 

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Dfx16 said:

My neighbourhood got a HK couple wear full black clothes and put on black mask on daily basis going around telling neighbours the HK police murdered the peaceful protesters 😓 it’s a matter of time they might crash with China neighbours 😓

Dear all.

Overheard at a Safra place today. Sure cctv got it.

ATB sitting so pretty complaining she was rudely spoken to in Cantonese to her, i assumed, SGPbil and sister. 

Our govt has to speak soon. It is understandable SGP do not have fondness for PRC, the sisters who abused the condo manager thing, leaves bad memories.

Whatever the ethnic historical memories, our country should not be involved. The PRC have no rights here, the Singapore citizens have the right for their interest and rights to be protected, from our SGP emotions or bad choices.

Must be firm and hard.

Edited by Datsun366
  • Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

put food on the table? I bet 80% of them still take money from their parents everyday so that they can go out to fight for their freedom (please dun insult say they were paid ok).

Some people break into some shops, the yoshinoya in Central, break in for what? 

Beef bowl?

Protection money?

Si bey jialat.

Edited by Datsun366

1 hour ago, PSP415 said:

I am persuaded by very persuasive sharings by some bros here that there are "foreign" intervention.

I asked myself just 1 question :

1. Who stand to benefit the most from such riots and unrest in HK?

A. China?

B. TW?

C. USA?

D. UK?

E. Russia?

F. Guess who?

I hope those hands can be chopped off, regardless whose. 😅

Innocent ppl must be allowed to live peaceful lives.

I suppose lives of HKers are getting cheaper by the days. So much so that pending serious repercussions are not enuff to motivate the majority to stand up to say "Enough! Everyone take off your masks! Stop killing each other!"

I look forward to this naive thought coming to planet earth instead of in "Fat Hope Land".

Just my tots. 

Safe ride

Cheers 

1 Taiwan: election in jan 2020

2 USA to slow down china economy growth and give more blows to china

3 China internal to bring down Xi

4 UK but they themselves in deep shit, where got time to play unless hand in hand work with uncle sam

and don’t think russia, japan, vietnam, india is involved. 

• Praise 1

33 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

LOL..  I am sure the umbrella makers are in it too.

• Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Sx4falcon said:

If they want 2 systems, they better start recognise the 1 country first.

If the don't recognise the 1 country first, then there won't be 2 systems. because China will never allow it to become 2 countries.

It will be 1 country 1 system.

Read my post properly.

There are recognition of 1 country on both side.

It is the order of emphasis that's difference.

28 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

No la, Is the rich corrupted hkg uncles who scared extradited to China. 

Who probably also invested in renovation ND construction companies recently.... Double gain! 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Tianmo said:

I never knew who he is until i went to check out the 2 videos. Like I mentioned to @Davidtch, the start of the presentation was impressive and have to agree that he is a good speaker, but as I listen into it, not paying full attention tho, I kind of starting to question the agendas that comes with the presentation. 

Some points I agree with him, but some I have my reserves. We also have to remember that he is a Taiwanese professor major in the study of CCP, and his insider contact from PRC cannot be pro-CCP. If what  @Somewhat1975 mentioned of his relationship with Falungong is legit, then there are reasons to wonder his prediction towards Jiang Zemin. 

From his presentation, it seems as though XJP is in a very dangerous position, and power weaken. Jiang is been projected as the Mighty hand. I believe XJP is not as strong as he projected and wanted to be, but Jiang is also not as mighty as projected. 

I will have to watch the 2 videos a few more times, because every time I watch i will pick up something different, then I will form my own judgement. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Thanks to CL, I know him accidentally.  He sounds like salesman as he works/own https://sinoinsider.com/.  I send his youtube video on HK to you earlier.

I watched some of his talk previously.  I can get some context on what he said.  Some of his points during the 2 hr lecture was a repeat for me.

We can exchange notes the next time we come together.

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Datsun366 said:

The students remind me of the chung cheng and other chinese schools. I remember a boy got paraded until expired.

Terrible.

You tok what sia

21 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

That one singapore only. I think more funds going to USA, aussie and europe

"Red" fund will stays in Singapore.

↡ Advertisement