Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

actually never read this. Will add to my reading list. Thanks

got movie(s) too. I saw one of the movies. Didn't read the book

↡ Advertisement

4 hours ago, Sx4falcon said:

If they continue to insist their rights to wear masks, all these acts will be counted under them. Whether it is really them or not? Nobody knows.

Maybe another group will wear white and in masks too will come out to whack those in black.... Its the right to the new group too! 

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, PSP415 said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kong-protesters-gear-up-at-national-calamity-hardware-store

I hope he gets arrested and jailed. 

I am against violence and he's happy to make a profit out of it.

We are enemies for life😅😅

Hope he will consider selling proper clothings for kids and mummies next. 

Who never grows old or become weaker as age catches up?

Yada-ing 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

He said Independence. I laughed. 

Water supply get from where? Most importantly, military build from where? US provide free army ah? You expect all the current generation of young cockroaches people to willingly serve National Service? 

Edited by Jellandross
  • Haha! 5

1 hour ago, PSP415 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-mtr-legislature-open-protests-planned-weekend-11991222

Think its gonna be awhile.

Still core demands and masked. 

Hoping the rest of HKers stay indoors after their first leg of usually peaceful protests before weekend riots start.

9th or 10th week now? Years to build, months to destroy.

Safe ride

Cheers 

I checked some hotel, hotel i used to stay cost ard $240 now cost $80 nia 

then another hotel $160 now 60 plus

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

He said Independence. I laughed. 

Water supply get from where? Most importantly, military build from where? US provide free army ah? You expect all the current generation of young cockroaches people to willingly serve National Service? 

saw this somewhere

The fact is that many HKers are pragmatic and don’t want to rock the boat. HK doesn’t have a military. If HK declares independence, neither the UK nor the US could “rescue” it as China is just right there in Shenzhen and the PLA will take Hong Kong in like 2 hours and it will all be over without any firing :D .

Its true that I’d say a slight majority of HK people dislike the Mainland in some way, but that still leaves 35–40% of the population to be diehard Chinese patriots (because they DO exist in HK, ahem, despite the western media never reporting about them, but the “hardcore Chinese patriots” are at least 35% of the population here).

Right now, a lot of young students ostensibly support “independence”. Well, Hong Kong’s population of 7 million cannot be supported by the local water and food supplies alone. Logistics alone demand that we import the majority of our food and water from Guangdong, whom we actually have a decent relationship with. Cut that off and we can all go goodbye :D

Finally, an independent Hong Kong is not economically viable. The ONLY reason why western nations and the world care about Hong Kong is because of HK’s links to China, its western-based law system and its finance markets that are linked to China. Without the China link, the capital will flee. Perhaps to Macao. Or some other place, as the west does not trust Chinese law. Western companies put down HQs here to do business in the rest of China. Without the Chinese link, HK is almost useless in and of itself at this current point in time. Pre-1980, HK was the only link between China and the West, and performed that role well enough. Those days are over. Independence will cut off our economic viability.

• Praise 2

What a fruitful start to LegCo. Singapore better learn. This is how a democratic parliamentary meeting should be done. 

#NoDiuNoDemocracy

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Somewhat1975 said:

don't be naive and self-deluding. Even the Emperor Qin Shi Huang knew the power of language to define and unite a country two thousand years ago, you still want to bluff people.

秦始皇 also come out, win liao lor.

Sadly, this is an age old ways of doing things.

Nowadays, the importance of a language is dependant on its economic benefit.

Otherwise, why AMDK go Beijing learn 普通話

22 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

I checked some hotel, hotel i used to stay cost ard $240 now cost $80 nia 

then another hotel $160 now 60 plus

my indo-chinese friend went to HKG for holiday last week with family, to meet old family friends (fm HKG) there. Some days didn't go out due to the current situation. They stayed for the entire week. It was planned way in advance for the old folk, thus didn't change.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

So sad to see the video where 8 protesters set upon 2 ladies with another 10 watching and forcing one lady onto the ground to snatch her handbag. One of the ladies male friend or bf  grabbed hold of one potester and was wacked by the rest.....  [smallcry]

@Weez911 @Thaiyotakamli @PSP415

errrr guys , why u angry with the above post ? 

Incase you dont know , Angry Emoicon = Dislike ......... :grin: It is different from FB 

• Praise 5
  • Angry 1
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, PSP415 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-mtr-legislature-open-protests-planned-weekend-11991222

Think its gonna be awhile.

Still core demands and masked. 

Hoping the rest of HKers stay indoors after their first leg of usually peaceful protests before weekend riots start.

9th or 10th week now? Years to build, months to destroy.

Safe ride

Cheers 

this is the 19th week....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Let's guess how many more weeks to go

another 14 weeks, take a break after CNY and continue...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Looks like i can't go SCHKM liao even though i got a slot.

Early Feb mayb they break leh...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

but can go, you not worry wait no airport for you to come bk meh? [:p]

1 minute ago, Tianmo said:

Early Feb mayb they break leh...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

but can go, you not worry wait no airport for you to come bk meh? [:p]

I can go Macau or ShenZhen.  Worse case scenerio, take HSR to GZ.

54 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

@Weez911 @Thaiyotakamli @PSP415

errrr guys , why u angry with the above post ? 

Incase you dont know , Angry Emoicon = Dislike ......... :grin: It is different from FB 

Jialat. 

Din know sia. Thanks for pointing it out, will go change reaction nao😅😂

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

48 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

this is the 19th week....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Time flies especially when they keep rioting. 😂

When all's well and peaceful, time seems to stand still for a little while...guess i was daydreaming.

Safe ride n good weekend all.

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1