Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

1 hour ago, PSP415 said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/us-company-supplying-tear-gas-to-hong-kong-police-faces-mounting-criticism

They should produce more so that protests will be peaceful. 

Tell rioters there are never ending supply so will stop violence and start peaceful talks.😅

Yada-ing. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

Maybe someone can go CSI the 2 bullets and pistols that shot the 2 rioters to identify the manufacturer and condemn them?

Also how come nobody condemn the suppliers that supply police uniform to HKPF?

🤣🤣🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

30 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

We don't really care about minus points cos we been here so long. +-1 point can't get NTUC voucher anyway...

But newbies posting something that elicits anger at the current affairs act reported might be sensitive to the minus points...  Especially all those reckless driver videos, i expect a lot of angry emoticons there...

Yups... Doesn't make a difference to me. 

But also think the emoticons can be clearer... Maybe a small -1,-1, 0, +1,+1 at bottom of each emoticons. 

Or as you suggested earlier, only have points for Thumbs up or down. Rest of facial expression emoticons to be neutral. 

• Praise 3

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/hong-kong-police-vow-to-investigate-protester-sex-assault-claim

Call me bias.

I guess next, the claimed victim will said she will not make a formal police report and refuse to give statement to police because she don't trust the police.

Then this will become a case where police have no leads to investigate and have to take 100% of what the victim claimed.

Another tactics to force the so call independence inquiry committee?

Like the protester who claimed her eyes were injured by police but refuse police to access her medical report.

Edited by Sx4falcon
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, PSP415 said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/us-company-supplying-tear-gas-to-hong-kong-police-faces-mounting-criticism

Tell rioters there are never ending supply so will stop violence and start peaceful talks.😅

Yada-ing. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

No.... To be the contrarian here.... Just stop all non-lethal ammunition export sales to Hong-Kong. 

When the supply runs out, the HKPF has all the right to use their store of lethal real bullets and grenades... 😜

Problem solved. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

"Do you know when we got beaten up, the MTR staff looked at us and didn't do anything?" Ms Ng said. "I like CUHK. I wish this home can give us true care and protect us."

I laughed at this statement. 🤣

After they vandalized the MTR stations and disrupt the MTR services,  they still expect the MTR staff to stop the police from perform their duties?

• Haha! 5

2 hours ago, PSP415 said:

Yada-ing. 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

Also.... What is senator from the country that has runaway unopposed gun law/powerful pro-gun lobbyists got to say about supplying non-lethal riot suppression devices to HKPF? 😂

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

No.... To be the contrarian here.... Just stop all non-lethal ammunition export sales to Hong-Kong. 

When the supply runs out, the HKPF has all the right to use their store of lethal real bullets and grenades... 😜

Problem solved. 

Not just stop export, need to recall all previouly sold supplies. 🤣

• Haha! 2

52 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Switching chinese language medium schools here to English, took a better part of 1 decade. And that's only school teaching curriculum. Not even societal issues.

This one I cam concur as I was a 'victim' of this system change. Not many here old enough to have gone through it, I believe.

I used to be in Chinese stream since primary school, learning most of my subjects in Chinese. So naturally my English is very lousy, can't even speak proper English even at P6, which was the norm among my peers haha. But my Chinese had been fantastic, not paiseh one, as I was reading all the 古龙金庸小说 in P6 finishing those thick novels in less than a day each. Imagine the horror when we were told at mid of Sec one that there would be no more Chinese stream from following year, all change to English medium compulsory. Many of us were really fearful of our future then, as our English standard was literally half-past-six. We were given concession to take CL2 at Sec 3 and to use EL2 as substitute for EL1 during O levels, but many of us really did very badly. But of course, as with everything in life, with hard work, future turns out well for those who willing to embrace change and move on. I am quite thankful for the move as future under Chinese stream had already been a bit bleak back then, so the change was sort of good for me. But many of those affected have only bad things to say about this, even to this day. The change is good, until it affects you then it is not so good as you have to put in lots of efforts to try to make it. End of sharing.

• Praise 9

12 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

This one I cam concur as I was a 'victim' of this system change. Not many here old enough to have gone through it, I believe.

I used to be in Chinese stream since primary school, learning most of my subjects in Chinese. So naturally my English is very lousy, can't even speak proper English even at P6, which was the norm among my peers haha. But my Chinese had been fantastic, not paiseh one, as I was reading all the 古龙金庸小说 in P6 finishing those thick novels in less than a day each. Imagine the horror when we were told at mid of Sec one that there would be no more Chinese stream from following year, all change to English medium compulsory. Many of us were really fearful of our future then, as our English standard was literally half-past-six. We were given concession to take CL2 at Sec 3 and to use EL2 as substitute for EL1 during O levels, but many of us really did very badly. But of course, as with everything in life, with hard work, future turns out well for those who willing to embrace change and move on. I am quite thankful for the move as future under Chinese stream had already been a bit bleak back then, so the change was sort of good for me. But many of those affected have only bad things to say about this, even to this day. The change is good, until it affects you then it is not so good as you have to put in lots of efforts to try to make it. End of sharing.

Yes it's the resetting of mindset. Well at least for us, it was very clear that English would be beneficial in the new world of singapore being a gateway for foreign investment. So even conservative Chinese educated parents could see the sense of it. 
Fan Ti vs Jian Ti is less so, since HK been using Fan Ti since they were formed and Cantonese superseded all other dialects eg teochew. 

Most of their primary schools are Chinese medium, but putonghua based schools are the minority from what i gather from this report

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2018/10/14/promoting-putonghua-schools-not-giving-hong-kong-edge-political/

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

We don't really care about minus points cos we been here so long. +-1 point can't get NTUC voucher anyway...

But newbies posting something that elicits anger at the current affairs act reported might be sensitive to the minus points...  Especially all those reckless driver videos, i expect a lot of angry emoticons there...

Will sad and shocked emoticons minus points too? Hope I'm not saboing too many people lately with my emoticons.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Superior???

What tell you speaking canto and use of traditional Chinese feel superior???🤣

"Their thought of speaking" so you seem to understand them very well....enough to speak on their behalf.. you are their spokesperson isis?🤣

Remember faye wong when she first reach hk, she cant speak canto, kena look down by hker. 

Seems like u are cantonese or from hongkong? :D

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Remember faye wong when she first reach hk, she cant speak canto, kena look down by hker. 

Seems like u are cantonese or from hongkong? :D

Global citizenship https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_citizenship 😂

Faye Wong https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faye_Wong Born in Beijing leh.... not HK leh, if she did feel "look down" (if the is real) then why feel so look down about can't speak canto, just stay in China and speak Putonghua (beautiful language too) lor..  But hor, she turns a Diva and start making money at HK...😁

Edited by Odyssey2011

40 minutes ago, Odyssey2011 said:

Global citizenship https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_citizenship 😂

Faye Wong https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faye_Wong Born in Beijing leh.... not HK leh, if she did feel "look down" (if the is real) then why feel so look down about can't speak canto, just stay in China and speak Putonghua (beautiful language too) lor..  But hor, she turns a Diva and start making money at HK...😁

The point is hongkie look down on tiong is a truth. Try to speak putonghua at hk and see whats their treatment to u. They will even reply u in canto. 

But if u speak english they will reply u in english, not canto. See the point here. 

But ok la since u cantonese u no problem in integrating with hongkie :D

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Now add new accusations of police molest lol

Think she later clarified she not the one ganna, she just speaking on behalf. But her acting really bombastic siah.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

36 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

The point is hongkie look down on tiong is a truth. Try to speak putonghua at hk and see whats their treatment to u. They will even reply u in canto. 

not unique to HKG.

Even Shanghainese tend to look down on other PRC people who are not from Shanghai.

Also, Singaporeans look down on Msians that come to SG to work n ride their bikes around, causing traffic headache

Msians look down on Singaporeans for going JB to pump cheap petrol

Human nature la

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, JohnSHL said:

not unique to HKG.

Even Shanghainese tend to look down on other PRC people who are not from Shanghai.

Also, Singaporeans look down on Msians that come to SG to work n ride their bikes around, causing traffic headache

Msians look down on Singaporeans for going JB to pump cheap petrol

Human nature la

Superiority syndrome lol

but this mindset has reach to a point of hate and cant accept the truth that china is parent of hk. 

Add on with so many rumours and fake news, thats the reason why many hongkie head down the street and go against china. Its not about extradition but its about “i am not china” march

↡ Advertisement