Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

45 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

When watching videos like this, please have the correct understanding. Black shirts have turned into terrorists because of Carrie Lam not because they enjoy it. If you don't understand the logic then you shall be appropriately educated until you arrive at the correct understanding. Be thankful for a precious lesson learnt.

Stand with HK! Support democracy! 

If one day, Singapore has the same situation, where our fate is sealed, some of the vocal ones may just turn this way, but I would think the ones using violence on those who does not agree, with our POV, is exactly why they are are not the ruling class.

Looking at those armed SGN whacking unarmed individuals from the back, and on lethal areas, are just out to kill.

I have not understood why would any sane person stand up for the SGNs, but to each his own.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Jellandross said:

When watching videos like this, please have the correct understanding. Black shirts have turned into terrorists because of Carrie Lam not because they enjoy it. If you don't understand the logic then you shall be appropriately educated until you arrive at the correct understanding. Be thankful for a precious lesson learnt.

What I cannot understand is they can all arm themselves with blunt objects, but cannot decently arm themselves with sharper ones like machetes, and box blades. If they are out for the kill, then go for the kill.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-protests-chater-garden-us-bill-sanction-china-11999570

Those flags machiam give permission to be violent and disregard the very laws that democracy expects all HKers to abide by.

Wearing masks oredi says they still dun get it. No one is above the laws.

Not even freedom.

Cos freedom comes with accountability and responsibility.....to the very laws that defines freedom within a human society. 

Haiz

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, adrian140180 said:

What I cannot understand is they can all arm themselves with blunt objects, but cannot decently arm themselves with sharper ones like machetes, and box blades. If they are out for the kill, then go for the kill.

Walau 😳

I still hoping no casualty lah. Would hate to see grannies, aunties and uncles killed. Cos they only know how to bully the weak, weaker and weakest. Whack quickly then run type of cowards.

But they dun deserve death. Only 10 strokes of rottan and 1 year labour to put back every brick taken out, polish every railing and read genuine history of HK from day 1. 

🤭😁

• Praise 1

At the end of the day just a huge bunch of cowards, non of them dare to take on a group of police themselves. While those individuals that choose to take a stand for what they value has so much more in them. 

Im sure not all protesters advocate violence, if the approach already drift from your original ideas. Its time to stay at home and  disassociate yourself from such Terrorist like behavior.  

When your a small bully what right do you have to complaint about bully by someone bigger?

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Jellandross said:

A fully working and functional Democracy is an illusion.

• Praise 3

Long ago, in the heady days of youth.

Drinking with ethnically similar people.

Much like Europeans, to my amusement.

Some of us had shared experiences.

The Koreans, Taiwanese and us.

The Japanese, Malaysian and Thai.

The Hongky.

The first Triad, we found it easy to communicate ideas, a uniformity of AR 15 familarity. The skillset learnt as a toy soldier.

Surprisingly, the Koreans and Taiwan Chinese have a somewhat higher assessment of us than our lowly standards. If you ever saw how the koreans and taiwanese do their battle runs and exercises, respect. They do eat better than us, our food is lousy compared to theirs.

As well, the threats to life and limb are correspondingly real.

The second triad do not have organized training then, but they are confident in their ability to defend themselves. 

The runt of the pack. Our hongkys were shorter than us, even the japanese. Small giants who had a bleak assessment of their future.  

Basically we told them to come to us. The Hongkys then were shying from National service, say no good this and that. We told them that organized training is good, as potential troublemakers are identified early, these days even before enlistment (hahaha), and managed.

You might even be lucky to have illustrious section mates in which CEO of MNC is the average, also got people ask want to borrow money anot all the time (hahaha).

Hong Kong society is unique. This recent developments just highlighted the existent weaknesses of 'Chinese' society. The weakest succumb first due to policy, alike mobility devices deaths. And policy as we know it is determined by the rich and powerful. The frontline politicians are always backed by money, from the mongol yurt to the fishing kelong.

Its just those monied that determines the political values, those that toe the figurative societal lines or those willing to cross social mores.

Anyway. The hong kong assessment by us kids then were downturned corners of the mouths.

Notice no PRC mentioned. They were always the outsider then.

• Praise 1

To highlight what I gave a feeling about a post or two ago.....

The current state of corruption in the US. I come back again and say Capitalism/Democracy is an illusion and so long as "I make money" everything is not about ideals but about......my own profit.

The education system in HK fails on basic understanding of reality.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

The social system of Hong Kong has failed. Its the kids from broken families that are rioting.

The cantonese adage, 

笑穷不笑凔。

No other dialect group has this saying. The Cantonese, they know the value of wealth and money.

• Praise 1

I think they want HK to become like that so that they can tell the citizens ‘nah, look what democracy has done for HK’.

HK isn’t as important to them now like 20 years ago liao.

• Praise 8

9 hours ago, PSP415 said:

Walau 😳

I still hoping no casualty lah. Would hate to see grannies, aunties and uncles killed. Cos they only know how to bully the weak, weaker and weakest. Whack quickly then run type of cowards.

But they dun deserve death. Only 10 strokes of rottan and 1 year labour to put back every brick taken out, polish every railing and read genuine history of HK from day 1. 

🤭😁

10 strokes.... Spread over 20 months. Every 2 months come back for 1 stroke. If I were the judge! 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, adrian140180 said:

So Beijing is caught in between a rock, and a very hard place.

Cannot send troops in, yet need to tahan the humiliation that is Hong Kong.

What would they do?

Do nothing. Let it burn. 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Datsun366 said:

The social system of Hong Kong has failed. Its the kids from broken families that are rioting.

The cantonese adage, 

笑穷不笑凔。

No other dialect group has this saying. The Cantonese, they know the value of wealth and money.

Little wonder that Guangdong is the biggest province by GDP for 30 years and account for close to 11% of total GDP in mainland China...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

Anyone think that it is Karma at work? [:p]

Looking at how these kids think and behave, surely they must learn it or pick it up from someone  somewhere for quite a while. 

Like the way the kids DLLM so naturally, they cant have learn it overnight...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

3 hours ago, Datsun366 said:

The cantonese adage, 

笑穷不笑凔。

笑贫不笑娼.

Last word should be this chinese character.

This is a chinese saying, not unique to cantonese though.

Sad state of affairs.

Just yada-ing 

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 3

10 hours ago, adrian140180 said:

Sgn is ultimately 怕死。if they take out bladed weapons. Then it's open season with police officers give right shoot to kill already. 

They escalate but ultimately they are still scared. That ultimately is the difference between a terrorist and what they are. 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Datsun366 said:

The cantonese adage, 

笑穷不笑凔。

i think this is the biggest failure of ccp. since hk take over already 20 years, they stick to the 1 country 2 system, but fail to replace the education system to be pro china. instead allow pro western forces to grow inside and influence the youth and explode today .

i think either they fail to foresee this, or got other plot behind. 

↡ Advertisement