Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

10 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

oh you no know this story har? Come I show you beedeo...[:p][laugh][laugh]

haha .... good beedeo ... 

anyway ... if i am not mistaken ... i watch a documentary before that if they flatten the mountain and deforest to build housing

and while deforest and moving mountain ... they must also take into consideration of "environmental protection bla bla bla" ... including replant trees

the 200sqft pigeon hole probably cost 3x more than what the hkee currently paying now ... which means no one can afford to buy at all 

unless developers in hk ... "sell big bun" ... each unit make $100 profit ...

isn't got property tycoon donated land liao? ..... muahahaha

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

49 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

I would think it's karma at work too.

The collective society of HK is now facing the brunt of the many societal problems which already existed for years, none of which had been addressed and solved. 

Take for example the infamous housing issue in HK. HK is many times the size of SG and yet, the HK govt failed time and time again to provide good public housing for it's citizens in an adequate and timely manner. When the govt tried to procure some land to build public housing, the move was blocked by environmental NGOs. Then again, the govt itself is no angel as it depended on selling land to rich private developers (the tycoons and fresh inflow of Chinese capital) to buff up it's coffers.

That resulted in super expensive housing which further divided the society and add the stress and pressure faced by the regular HKers. It's no wonder that these kids see no hope nor future in their society as they know they need spend a lifetime paying off even a basic need such as accommodation. And most of the time the quality is shit compared to HDB in SG. 

Rent seeking mentality and real estate speculation have already been ingrained from the previous generations. The situation was worsened when the rich Chinese came in. So perhaps it's right to say that their pioneer and merdeka generation of political leaders and citizens have screwed up, kicking the can further down the road to these kids. 

Yah, I do agree with your points.

On top of these, I have worked with hongkongers throughout the years,  although not very close and long, but enough to understand their culture a little.  For decades, how the older generations have behaved, worked and treated others, they have passed them all down to the younger generations. But only bad things on selfishness, rude, ruthless, disrespect to others, and everything for myself,  good ones like hard working and competitiveness were not learned.

Who to blame? its a culture thing, and how education is done in school and at home. 

Really Karma at work...-_-[:p][laugh]

• Praise 6

7 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

haha .... good beedeo ... 

anyway ... if i am not mistaken ... i watch a documentary before that if they flatten the mountain and deforest to build housing

and while deforest and moving mountain ... they must also take into consideration of "environmental protection bla bla bla" ... including replant trees

the 200sqft pigeon hole probably cost 3x more than what the hkee currently paying now ... which means no one can afford to buy at all 

unless developers in hk ... "sell big bun" ... each unit make $100 profit ...

isn't got property tycoon donated land liao? ..... muahahaha

I would want to believe that is a matter or if they wanted to and how they can go about doing it.  I remember a case, where they wanted to take back one golf course to build housing,  but was faced with lots of resistance, some protest even. The idea was dropped. 

Golf courses are mostly quite flat, and easy to build housing, yet they cannot do it. Here in SG, say build means build, you no talk I talk...[:p]

The other thing is of course, all CEs knew they were there for show only, no need credit, as long dont make mistake, just finish the 2 terms and can relac one corner liao. Which CE will risk it for the common ppl? 

Like the beedeo, if they had the will strong enough, mountain long gone...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, PSP415 said:

笑贫不笑.

Last word should be this chinese character.

This is a chinese saying, not unique to cantonese though.

Sad state of affairs.

Just yada-ing 

Safe ride

Cheers

https://baike.baidu.com/item/笑贫不笑娼

笑贫不笑娼

这是当今物欲横流,金钱至上的一种真实写照,对这个社会一种病态的谴责。娼在这里不只说娼妇。泛指为了富贵生活不惜手段的人。可能是为非作歹,也可能作奸犯科,反正表面上看起来风光。意思说的是,人们只会从表面上的物质好坏来区别自己看高谁,蔑视谁,全然不顾道德。拜金社会。

• Praise 8

24 minutes ago, zipping said:

https://baike.baidu.com/item/笑贫不笑娼

笑贫不笑娼

这是当今物欲横流,金钱至上的一种真实写照,对这个社会一种病态的谴责。娼在这里不只说娼妇。泛指为了富贵生活不惜手段的人。可能是为非作歹,也可能作奸犯科,反正表面上看起来风光。意思说的是,人们只会从表面上的物质好坏来区别自己看高谁,蔑视谁,全然不顾道德。拜金社会。

Meaning: people will only distinguish themselves from the superficial material quality and who they despise but disregard morality completely

😂 

English version

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Meaning: people will only distinguish themselves from the superficial material quality and who they despise but disregard morality completely

😂

English version

worship money only!!! 

Morality to them cannot eat one!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I think this is the simplest layman term liao...^_^[:p]

• Praise 2

55 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Yah, I do agree with your points.

On top of these, I have worked with hongkongers throughout the years,  although not very close and long, but enough to understand their culture a little.  For decades, how the older generations have behaved, worked and treated others, they have passed them all down to the younger generations. But only bad things on selfishness, rude, ruthless, disrespect to others, and everything for myself,  good ones like hard working and competitiveness were not learned.

Who to blame? its a culture thing, and how education is done in school and at home. 

Really Karma at work...-_-[:p][laugh]

So your DLLM learnt from the ....  :wut:

:secret-laugh:

• Haha! 1

HK island almost twice the size of Singapore but hilly as pointed out. They also has a big New territory that can further expand anytime while we don't.  Therefore their high price is man made. Singapore will be expensive if we wish to own and do investment. but if we rent to stay, it should affordable in my opinion. Both however are going the same direction due to greed and squeezing their own citizens. 

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

I would want to believe that is a matter or if they wanted to and how they can go about doing it.  I remember a case, where they wanted to take back one golf course to build housing,  but was faced with lots of resistance, some protest even. The idea was dropped. 

Golf courses are mostly quite flat, and easy to build housing, yet they cannot do it. Here in SG, say build means build, you no talk I talk...[:p]

The other thing is of course, all CEs knew they were there for show only, no need credit, as long dont make mistake, just finish the 2 terms and can relac one corner liao. Which CE will risk it for the common ppl? 

Like the beedeo, if they had the will strong enough, mountain long gone...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

If for the past months, all these rioters,  instead of burning MRT station, beating other people and smashing shops; but instead start moving rock and earth and cut down trees, maybe already can start to see some flat land😄

Edited by RH1667
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 9

5 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

If for the past months, all these rioters,  instead of burning MRT station, beating other people and smashing shops; but instead start moving rock and earth and cut down trees, maybe already can start to see some flat land😄

3 million ppl go onto the street to protest, if form a human chain, I think by now can build one wall outside shenzhen using the rocks and sand from the mountain, and see some flat land like you said...:XD::grin:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Instead of going against the enemy, they beat up their own people, damage their own infrastructure and burn their own home while the enemy is sitting pretty outside bewildered by their neanderthal like behaviour. 

• Praise 2

59 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

HK island almost twice the size of Singapore but hilly as pointed out. They also has a big New territory that can further expand anytime while we don't.  Therefore their high price is man made. Singapore will be expensive if we wish to own and do investment. but if we rent to stay, it should affordable in my opinion. Both however are going the same direction due to greed and squeezing their own citizens. 

HK today is SG 2050? [sweatdrop]

if hk property price crash ... all the tycoon become typhoon .... gone in 60secs and left nothing in hk ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 3

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-protests-carrie-lam-policy-address-land-housing-12000882

Seriously, if the policy on housing is adequate and can be built asap, this will be a good solution.

In fact, if the govt is able to show that housing projects have already started, even though initial stages of construction and at which area(s), i would consider the protests have achieved success in getting a major concern of all young HKers met, IF the prices are not outer space type.

Land for future public usage such as new hospital or whatever is needed urgently to serve the common ppl.

Main thing is solving the legitimate concerns of the younger generation as soon as possible.

That will be a giant step in gaining back some trust in the govt.

Otherwise, can violently protest till one is older and kena whacked by the next young generation for not accepting what may really help more of them to own homes soon.

Just my tots 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-protests-carrie-lam-policy-address-land-housing-12000882

Seriously, if the policy on housing is adequate and can be built asap, this will be a good solution.

In fact, if the govt is able to show that housing projects have already started, even though initial stages of construction and at which area(s), i would consider the protests have achieved success in getting a major concern of all young HKers met, IF the prices are not outer space type.

Land for future public usage such as new hospital or whatever is needed urgently to serve the common ppl.

Main thing is solving the legitimate concerns of the younger generation as soon as possible.

Otherwise, can violently protest till one is older and kena whacked by the next young generation for not accepting what may really help more of them to own homes soon.

Just my tots 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

They can engage our HDB services. Our HDB can erect a town with many building and facilities in a short time. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

11 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

远水救不了近火

look at policy focus on housing? muahahaha

when CY Leung was in power ... he also said he will take a pen, paper and a stool and go house to house listen to people request ... lol

when CL comes into power ... she also said that ... people issues come first ... must settle day to day challenges faced by the people

all talk nia ... but this time more serious only ... must wayang wayang abit

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Just my tots 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

Going by the rioters current behaviors, if any developer dare to take up the gov project probably they will be whacked by those rioters for being pro-gov.

How to start housing project like that? :a-bang: 

Those SGN just want to have fun only lah.....

• Praise 2

Hong Kong makes police housing areas off limits to protesters
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-bans-protesters-police-housing-escalating-violence-12000824

Hope HKPF  can effectively enforce this because it is something to protect their families.

But I think those SGN will purposely create more clashes on this just to show that they are lawless.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1