Hong Kong protesters demonstrate against extradition bill

Kopites

59 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

They want the polisi to catch the 5 culprits (must be masked) - how to identify them when there are hundreds others also masked and armed with hammers/spanners wacking old men and women? Could even be 自导自演. 😂

Edited by Volvobrick
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

58 minutes ago, Sx4falcon said:

The Civil Human Rights Front (CHRF) said leader Jimmy Sham was assaulted by four to five people wielding hammers in the district of Mong Kok in what they described as an act of "political terror".

When their people kanna whacked is called "political terror". When they whacked people is call what? Freedom of expression?

those 4-5 people that whack him were also exercising their freedom of expression. How come they don't agree with his Freedom of expression?

this type of argument neverending. [knife]

• Haha! 6

35 minutes ago, JohnSHL said:

hun.jpg.e4d809811c80b9cbd368d25e10c6b052.jpg

anyone know which old HKG movie this is from? saw it a long time ago and thought it was nice. Can't recall the title now.

無間道2

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Come think of it, none of the Chief Executives of HK SAR had it easy.Tung, Donald Tsang, CY and now Carrie Lam all had to grapple with hot potatoes during their term. Carrie Lam's term had already went down in history with the most violent and sustained demonstrations since 1997. 

Or I should say they inherited many issues from their predecessor and they are not empowered enough to fix them thru legislation. Opposition and resistance from everywhere, as well as balancing of interests between the business community, Beijing and the common HKErs is almost impossible most of the time. The interests of the common man on the street are sacrificed. 

I do hope the riots will come to an end soon. After all, many of these rioting youngsters still had a long way ahead of them. In 10 years time, many of them might have to seek employment or make a living in Shenzhen, Shanghai or Guangzhou. That's the inevitable. In fact, the opening up Shanghai is already well underway to undermine the importance of HK to China. 

China wants to emulate HK's style of economic freedom, but not the political freedom which comes with it. HK needs China, not the other way around.

The youngsters can continue to riot, but it will bring never independence, instead it just bring forward the expiry date of 1C2S policy (1 country 2 system) from 2045. If they are not careful, HK might just be relegated to the equivalent of a third tier city in China in the near future. 

As long as no 雙普選, HKers will spare no effort to bring down every damn CE out there until the 50yrs is up. And the CCP which has its roots as an underground 乱党 themselves, continues to operate with extreme insecurity and paranoia to ever allow 雙普選 to happen. 

• Praise 2

16 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Come think of it, none of the Chief Executives of HK SAR had it easy.Tung, Donald Tsang, CY and now Carrie Lam all had to grapple with hot potatoes during their term. Carrie Lam's term had already went down in history with the most violent and sustained demonstrations since 1997. 

Or I should say they inherited many issues from their predecessor and they are not empowered enough to fix them thru legislation. Opposition and resistance from everywhere, as well as balancing of interests between the business community, Beijing and the common HKErs is almost impossible most of the time. The interests of the common man on the street are sacrificed. 

I do hope the riots will come to an end soon. After all, many of these rioting youngsters still had a long way ahead of them. In 10 years time, many of them might have to seek employment or make a living in Shenzhen, Shanghai or Guangzhou. That's the inevitable. In fact, the opening up Shanghai is already well underway to undermine the importance of HK to China. 

China wants to emulate HK's style of economic freedom, but not the political freedom which comes with it. HK needs China, not the other way around.

The youngsters can continue to riot, but it will bring never independence, instead it just bring forward the expiry date of 1C2S policy (1 country 2 system) from 2045. If they are not careful, HK might just be relegated to the equivalent of a third tier city in China in the near future. 

16 hours ago, Wt_know said:

when CE is "appointed" ahem .... elected in a small circle ... no way the majority will "accept" the CE

so no matter who goes up ... sure kena DLLM .... next CE must be [sweatdrop] 

I mentioned quite early sometimes ago here, that if we notice,  none of the CE completed a full 2 term,  and all were brought down by protests.  

It doesn't matter who is CE, and what great plans he/she has for HK, if that is even true to start with, will have to step down before their terms are up,  via a protest.  It has always worked.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Actually isn't it crystal clear that the extradition bill saga is merely a trigger to the hk situation now? Even without this trigger, the umbrella movement come its anniversary would have caused similar mass protests, and in the process some wise guys among the protestors would have decided that peaceful protests after all these years did not work so now we will escalate the violence, and we will still have come to this situation.

To me without the triggering event courtesy of CL, the world would still be seeing hk as what it is now. It was just brought forward by a few months. Poor CL is unfortunately shouldering all the blame due to a wrong move.

This I totally agree. 

It is always there, just a matter of time this event will take place, CL is wrong time wrong place...

Simple term is Suay!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3

10 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Everything also ask people to go this article and that event, don't you think you should bring your point across clearly when you want to argue?

You are like putting yourself above a pedestal and expecting everyone should know what you meant when you link a article or mention something. Really I think if you go take part in a debate, you will lose big time as you are too proud or too lazy to explain your pov, just spouting one liner like a learned scholar. Only the cute demon can understand you. Maybe you should ask him to help you decipher your thinking instead.

Firstly I must clarify that I can understand him no mean I agree with hor... [:p]

Those who have followed the thread, and and cool headed enough to read, will know where my stand is, it reminds the same from the start. Of course along the way there are smaller events in between that some may have different views, but thats just me. Some will be very emotionally attached so much so that they cannot see clearly, and only push forward in one direction.

And I am not referring to you hor, just what I see here in general. This one must state clearly. [laugh]

I actually disagree with many things @Davidtch brought up here, and has argued with him so many times here, all written in the thread, anyone interested can back track and read what happen between us. But thats just my disagreement with him on a topic, we agree and share ideas on other topics in the forum,  at least thats how he and I behave, partly because we know each other. 

We dont have to become enemy because we disagree on one topic, to us not worth it to destroy the friendship we build sharing ideas on other topics we agree on. 

I can understand his thoughts, but I cannot help him here, because as far as this thread goes, most of the time I disagree with him. The only thing I will do for him here is hammer him with my thoughts against his.....[:p][laugh][laugh]

But I do agree with some of his points regarding CCP and what is happening in China.^_^

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 5

7 hours ago, Bacteria83 said:

Tit for Tat will only cause more damage. Dont know is Pro china people who did it, or just certain group trying to flame the situation to new height.

Same in an overnight BBQ mah, fire slowing down, need to add fuel to keep the fire burning....:XD::grin:

7 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

They want the polisi to catch the 5 culprits (must be masked) - how to identify them when there are hundreds others also masked and armed with hammers/spanners wacking old men and women? Could even be 自导自演. 😂

They finally tasted their own medicine. 

When HKPF uses tear gas, baton and rubber bullet... They screamed police brutality.... 

I think they prefer masked unidentified people welding parang/hammers/poles (similar to themselves?) 😁

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 5

5 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

The last thing I will associate HK with currently is PEACE....

I think not the last thing, is HK now is cannot associate with PEACE...:XD::grin:

• Haha! 1

The PRC scholars/workers over here.

There is a general behaviour amongst them. They are mostly northerners with matching behaviour/attitude.

They do not appear grateful that Singapore has provided and nurtured them and their children.

Their heavily accented English remains so after ten years or more living here. They have no interest in learning Malay or Tamil.

They yearn to go back and say the old country ergo Ah Tiong land has many opportunities.

In contrast, many if not most of our SOUTHERN ah tiong forebears adapted. Most of the ministars parents and grandparents can speak pasar malay at least. Our generation can even eloquently enquire in Tamil.

I know and have proof of what I am talking about. You know too.

The northern PRC have this pride that is not existent in the southern ROC culture. Notice the Taiwanese are not crazy fanatical about Chinese culture but they are experts and can go round for round with the PRC.

When i was in the US, i fell back on tested survival methods, picked up a faux American midwest accent and began using spanish.

It was a constant refinement to pronouce nasally.

Anyway, its battle between north and south, as with all human conflicts of north vs south, it does not end well. Historians please.

The political objective is to turn the conflict, to figuratively hook it towards manageable goals.

The northerners will never agree to the southerners and vis a vis. Look at India, sama the osama.

• Praise 1

Please read what the liberal western powers said about Catalonia Independence Declaration 2 years ago:

United States – The U.S. State Department stated: "Catalonia is an integral part of Spain, and the United States supports the Spanish government's constitutional measures to keep Spain strong and united".

United Kingdom – The Prime Minister's spokesperson stated, "The UK does not and will not recognise the Unilateral Declaration of Independence made by the Catalan regional parliament. It is based on a vote that was declared illegal by the Spanish courts. We continue to want to see the rule of law upheld, the Spanish Constitution respected, and Spanish unity preserved."

European Union – On 27 October, Donald Tusk, President of the European Council, declared: "For EU nothing changes. Spain remains our only interlocutor." The President of the European Parliament, Antonio Tajani, also stated: "The declaration of independence voted on today in the Catalan Parliament is a breach of the rule of law, the Spanish constitution and the Statute of Autonomy of Catalonia, which are part of the EU's legal framework. No one in the European Union will recognize this declaration. More than ever, it is necessary to re-establish legality as a basis for dialogue and to guarantee the freedoms and rights of all Catalan citizens."

Germany – the German government stated, "The Federal Government does not recognise the unilateral declaration of independence" of the Catalan parliament and expressed concern about the declaration causing "renewed aggravation of the situation."

France – President Emmanuel Macron has stated that his country's "only interlocutor" with Spain is the Spanish Prime Minister, Mariano Rajoy, and stressed that the situation in the region of Catalonia is a "domestic affair" of Spain.

See what China said:

China – China's foreign ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying has stated: "China's stance on this issue is consistent and clear. China regards it as a domestic affair of Spain and understands and supports the Spanish government's effort to maintain national unity, ethnic solidarity and territorial integrity."

================================================================

Sb double standards, these westerners.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

10 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Everything also ask people to go this article and that event, don't you think you should bring your point across clearly when you want to argue?

You are like putting yourself above a pedestal and expecting everyone should know what you meant when you link a article or mention something. Really I think if you go take part in a debate, you will lose big time as you are too proud or too lazy to explain your pov, just spouting one liner like a learned scholar. Only the cute demon can understand you. Maybe you should ask him to help you decipher your thinking instead.

Just ignore him lah. Everytime you quote him I will also see his posts. Please stop bro. :a-aggressive:

I will buy you drinks instead to compensate. Sounds good? :a-dinner:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 4